Baking Cookies on your Dash

I'm not Takumi

Car(s)
Toyota AE86 Corolla
This sounds like a job for... (dramatic pause)... The Mythbusters!

I bet TechZ, Blayde and I could make 'em in half the time in our cars. :lol:

This might not be that bad of an idea, actually. My car has to sit in the sun for hours while I go to class, might as well come back to some freshly baked cookies while I'm at it. Too bad Ramadan starts tomorrow.

too bad i never leave my car under the sun. id make sure i drive around to look for a shaded parking.

you wouldnt treat your wife like this, would you now??

That's just cooked. Baking requires around 200?C or 350?F.

This sounds like a job for... (dramatic pause)... The Mythbusters!
First they would rig the car to be remotely controlled. Then they would prepare the cookie dough under the careful watch of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and the local health authorities. The baking tray would be placed on the dash while the car is indoors then it would be remotely driven to a sunny spot. Remote cameras would broadcast video of the cookies backing while the team watches from behind the safety of a lexan barrier with paramedics standing close behind. Once the cookies are deemed to be done the car would be remotely driven back indoors, and another robotic apparatus would then open the car door while sliding the cookie tray out to cool.

Meanwhile Jeremy Clarkson would be calling it a "rubbish idea" and that it's "stupid" and asking "how hard could it be?" James would meticulously measure out the ingredients with annoying accuracy while Richard somehow manages to mess up covering the baking pan in foil. They would then all get inside the car and drive it to a sunny spot with several cookies somehow getting onto either James or Richard's trousers. While the cookies bake Jeremy would again about how stupid this is while James would rant off the unique technical aspects of baking inside a car. Richard would get bored and go off to the shops only to return with a pre-baked batch of cookies. Once they decide their car cookies are burnt done Richard will be volunteered to go grab them. He would open up the door and pick up the hot cookie tray. The cookies would fly all over the car accompanied by much shouting. They would then go back to the studio and decided that baking cookies in a car is "very hard".

:p

Last edited:
First they would rig the car to be remotely controlled. Then they would prepare the cookie dough under the careful watch of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and the local health authorities. The baking tray would be placed on the dash while the car is indoors then it would be remotely driven to a sunny spot. Remote cameras would broadcast video of the cookies backing while the team watches from behind the safety of a lexan barrier with paramedics standing close behind. Once the cookies are deemed to be done the car would be remotely driven back indoors, and another robotic apparatus would then open the car door while sliding the cookie tray out to cool.
:p

They'd have to do a myth revisited because they used the wrong type of cooking sheet, foil, and they made the cookies to big and thick. Once it's all done Jamie would just get irritated that he hasn't had an explosion yet and rig the car to blow. Of course this is after all the required authorities are brought in, and the car taken to a safe place.

They'd have to do a myth revisited because they used the wrong type of cooking sheet, foil, and they made the cookies to big and thick. Once it's all done Jamie would just get irritated that he hasn't had an explosion yet and rig the car to blow. Of course this is after all the required authorities are brought in, and the car taken to a safe place.

I WOULD SO WATCH THAT!

First they would rig the car to be remotely controlled...

Don't forget...they'd have to make a ballistics gel torso to eat the cookie, to see what kind of damage it would do...all under the watchful eye of the high-speed cameras.

Couldn't you just do that anywhere? Then again, it'd be great if I came back to my car and the interior smelled like cookies. Mmmm. :happy:

Adam and Jamie would find a way to maim Buster while they were at it, by getting the Asian dude to build a pneumatic gun to shoot cookie dough at the poor dummy for no particular reason.

I bet TechZ, Blayde and I could make 'em in half the time in our cars. :lol:

This might not be that bad of an idea, actually. My car has to sit in the sun for hours while I go to class, might as well come back to some freshly baked cookies while I'm at it. Too bad Ramadan starts tomorrow.

Why don't you set them on the dash to bake during the day, then at night eat them? I have attended a few sundown dinners and I was stuffed stoopid at the end. Good times.

Couldn't you just do that anywhere? Then again, it'd be great if I came back to my car and the interior smelled like cookies. Mmmm. :happy:

In elementary school we'd cook hot dogs in shoe boxes lines with aluminum foil, the hot dog on a rotisserie, and some plastic wrap over the top. Stick it out in the sun and by lunch, it's ready.

Though they weren't all that good on the odd rainy/overcast days.

In elementary school we'd cook hot dogs in shoe boxes lines with aluminum foil, the hot dog on a rotisserie, and some plastic wrap over the top. Stick it out in the sun and by lunch, it's ready.

Though they weren't all that good on the odd rainy/overcast days.
I didn't know the school budget cuts were so bad in some areas! :p