How fast do you think the Ferrari 599 will be?

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
If they even give it to the Stig, how fast do you think it lap would be? My guess is around 1:24, maybe even slower. I love this Ferrari but the fact that it is front engined will slow it down. I am sure it will be a very fun car to drive, just not as fast as a 360CS or the new F430 Scuderia. What are your predictions?

Dude, the C6 Z06 ran a 1:22.4, and both cars have about the same power to weight ratio. Albeit the 599 is quite a bit heavier, it doesn't sacrafice too much handling: http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php?page_id=compare&car1=458d856a36a6a&car2=4571c3c67224f

I think the 599 will lap right around the time of the C6 Z06. My prediction: 1:22.2

edit:

599 GTB faster than F430 on the Nordschleife, Hockenheim, Vairano Handling Course, Bedford Autodrome West Circuit, and Ferrari's own Fiorano test track:
http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php...=45857713d06da

599 GTB is faster than the SLR on the Nordschleife and the Hockenheim Shorttrack:
http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php...=4585984cab946

599GTB is faster than the C6 Z06 on Tsukuba, Hockenheim Shorttrack, Vairano Handling Course, and the Bedford Autodrome West Circuit:
http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php...=4571c3c67224f

Last edited:
indeed i'd say mid 1:23s to even early 1:22s. i hear its a massive depature from the 575 so you cant really use that car as a base for omparison

I don't think it'll be faster then the Z06. Tiff didn't have many good things to say about it's handling when he tested it last year.

-3 seconds, so fast it will warp time, and finish before it even sets off

I think the 599 will be really really fast, faster than a 911 for sure even if we compensate maybe a second and a half for the wet; I really liked this car, but this f1 season's shenanigans by ferrari, coughlan, alonso and de la rosa has really left a bad taste in my mouth and i struggle to appreciate anything by ferrari anymore. It took years for me to actually accept that i can like something from ferrari (the 599) but now i just hate them flat out, all over again.

Yeah, the 599 is fast in a straight line, but once those twisty things called 'corners' come along... game over. :p

A bit confused on your comment.. Are you talking about the Z06 being fast in a straight line and not understanding corners. I think Ferrari is having a hard time understanding that with a couple of there last GT-R Cars.
C6.R has had there number for the last few years, and has only really fallen behind recently due to a few bad crashed and the Aston's coming out of nowhere.

That being said the 599 is Ferrari to try to gain some respect on the track (both racing version and road going I understand) so i expect it to give the Z06 a run for its money. But the fact that Ferrari has to soften this version down a bit for the road going public i say it will still fall behind. Just not by much.

I think you are getting a bit confused. There is no racing version of the 599.

I think this thing will be stunningly fast. I see no reason why it won't be as fast as the McLaren SLR. I am not a huge fan of the 599 but it is hugely competent.

A bit confused on your comment.. Are you talking about the Z06 being fast in a straight line and not understanding corners.

No, no. I meant the 599 might be confused by the corners.
Just a wise crack at the Europeans of the board. :mrgreen:

The 599 is incredibly fast in a straight line, even more so then the Z06 from some of the vids I saw. Especially with the F1 automatic transmission and launch control. But it's funny that once the corners come into play, the American car will lay down a proper beating on the Ferrari.

As I recall, Car and Driver referred to the 599 as a front-engined Enzo. So it will be freaking fast.

BTW, have you guys seen (and heard) the 599 safety car in A1GP? Wow!! :drool:

As I recall, Car and Driver referred to the 599 as a front-engined Enzo.

Well... it does have an Enzo engine in the front... not very creative on C&D's part.

the 599 will be as fast as the Audi R8 (1.24.4), maybe a bit fast due to power. 1.24 i reckon..

The 599 is a rocket! It'll decimate the R8's time, and seriously spank the Z06. The 575 gave was "quick" but the 599 is faster, harder, and seriously more agile than the 575 ever was. (don't forget, unlike the 575 the engine is mounted way back, and the tranny is in the back as well, so it has better weight distribution than the 575)

I'd put it somewhere between the low 1:22s and high 1:21, between the GT3 RS and Ford GT... Really i wouldn't be suprised if it beat the SLR (hell, the enzo laid down 1:19, so why not?)

I reckon 1:21.X You do know, that the Lambo LP640 did beat the atom, but Jeremy put it in 6th, because italians were fighting Brits in WW2.