[07x03] November 27th, 2005

infiniti said:
gregsterguy said:
http://www.mininova.org/get/158603

That is the LAST WEEKS epp dude;
This is the latest (3rd):
http://www.mininova.org/tor/163786

posts like these should be redundant really, how hard is it for people to use their brains and use the search button? afaik mininova has always been the place to look, and there are dozens other good torrent sites out there that have them as well... *sigh*

Anyways, solid episode, the cool wall was fun and the supercars.. well obviously the best bit.
Loved the production value on this ep as well, great visuals and scores to match.. TG is really in a league of its own here. :thumbsup:

Shawn_230 said:
I'm not that old, I'm only 20 years old. I'm all for outrageous colours, but that was just a bit much.

Sorry, I assumed you're older cuz most older people like more understated cars. BTW I'm 20 years old too. I think those outragous colors fits the Zonda well. It looks rediculus on the Focus ST, but it looks right on the Zonda, just like orange looks good on a Lambo but not a Civic.

Viper007Bond said:
I choked on the food I was eating when Jeremy drove by in the Focus going "BLEEHH!!". :lmao:

Heh yeah, I'm waiting to see who'll be the first to put that in their sig or avatar :lol:

Hahahaa.. :lol:

I laughed my ass off when the the motorbike dude did a wheelie in the Paris section..

That was so embarrassing. :thumbsup:

Another great episode! 8) They showed what it is really like to own a super-car. However I though the only real supercar was the zonda as it is as mad as it can get. Meanwhile f430 and GT are a lot more daily usable cars imo. Agree that hamster acted like a 6-year old by the cool wall. I think we should all admit that astra vxr and slk are really uncool and that M6 is deserved to be at seriously cool section, but actually I was a bit surprised that clarkson mentioned: "M Powered BMs are cool" as earlier on all of the M cars were uncool and M3 CSL was even considered as seriously uncool, however I don't know if you spotted it or not but M3 CSL suddenly moved to the cool section. And what's up about Clakrson not ripping on I-drive any more huh? ;) Anyways I think this kind of cars like M BMWs or RS audis overall are one of the coolest cars.

Btw. loved all that little jokes like hammond talking about S-class: "Zer you go, it stopped :mrgreen: " or a speed camera on the track, but the best of all and I think the best ever shot was the jeremy's drive-by :lol: :lol:
driveby.jpg

hmmm i swear it sounds like jeremy is shouting out.. ROONEY in the ST...

Otherwise another quality episode...

I still cant believe people complain about top gear....

Show me a better Car show......

Oh and the teath whitning thing... How the hell could that ever get old and annoying!!

Damn it guys Start Growing younger and realise that this show is all about 3 guys having fun with cars.... and taking the piss as well!

For non brits that wouldn't understand the "Westbrook" filter ...

http://isthatrealburb.tripod.com/pics/burbdaniella.jpg

Daniella Westbrook, sometime actress and partygirl with a penchant for all things Burberry and generally Chav.

I thought it was a good episode. I thought that the interview with Stephen Ladyman was particularly good. Great to see Clarkson get ultra-passionate about speed cameras!

magnaman said:
hmmm i swear it sounds like jeremy is shouting out.. ROONEY in the ST...

Yeah mate your right - Its the name of an England/Manchester United forward in football (he's a bit of a yob too)!

Quality episode, i cant believe theres no comments about the ST section, it was filmed superbly with all the chavvy music and the 'burberry' filter etc - Incredibly funny.

yobbo said:
Another great episode! 8) They showed what it is really like to own a super-car. However I though the only real supercar was the zonda as it is as mad as it can get. Meanwhile f430 and GT are a lot more daily usable cars imo. Agree that hamster acted like a 6-year old by the cool wall. I think we should all admit that astra vxr and slk are really uncool and that M6 is deserved to be at seriously cool section, but actually I was a bit surprised that clarkson mentioned: "M Powered BMs are cool" as earlier on all of the M cars were uncool and M3 CSL was even considered as seriously uncool, however I don't know if you spotted it or not but M3 CSL suddenly moved to the cool section. And what's up about Clakrson not ripping on I-drive any more huh? ;) Anyways I think this kind of cars like M BMWs or RS audis overall are one of the coolest cars.

Btw. loved all that little jokes like hammond talking about S-class: "Zer you go, it stopped :mrgreen: " or a speed camera on the track, but the best of all and I think the best ever shot was the jeremy's drive-by :lol: :lol:
driveby.jpg

I spotted that too. Some of the cars are moved around a bit.

Also, I tell you what I liked. JC mentioned that Tiff Needell loved the SLK55 AMG. I think that 1 sentance should end all the bollocks from TG vs 5G for good.

Overall pretty good episode. Im glad Ladyman got booed too. Politicians in this country have no idea what people ACTUALLY want or need. And to defend Speed Cameras is daft. They have NO actual safety benefit! But thats for another thread.

I liked the Ep
Especially the part where the Zonda got stuck. :)
I never liked that car, might piss of some of you now but i think its ugly.
It could never match the Ferrari.
The part with Hamster eating the M6 picture was also very good
:lol:

The supercar thing...well, it was nice too watch as always but there was nothing new there. All the way to France for a 1Minute shot with the stupid bridge, wich wasn't all that pretty compared to that swedish oeresund thingy.
And can they please stop talking about the Hamsters teeth all the time, it gets kinda boring after the 5th time.

RichW said:
Also, I tell you what I liked. JC mentioned that Tiff Needell loved the SLK55 AMG. I think that 1 sentance should end all the bollocks from TG vs 5G for good..
the only reson for him saying that is becaus he has been dooing live shows with Tiff and Hammond the last few weeks...
just wait... soo there will be more 5G jokes..
5G jokes that are lightyears better then 5G`s TG jokes..

Awesome, just sooooooo awesome.

Can't decide for my self which I like more, F430 or the GT. GT has a real history and pedigree. But the F430 just seems soo nice. The zonda doesn't suit being tangoed though, I ain't too keen on it either.

Cool wall was good, nice to see something join the DB9 (I reckon the V8 vantage is better than the DB9 - even though there's the whole thing about the lack of power)

The focus ST does look really good in orange though - not a charva car though. Everyone knows charva cars are corsas and saxos. Corsa VXR will be the ultimate charv car.

bloody brilliant episode. the supercar run through france was just gorgeous...superb cars, sounds and pictures. the focus test was also great and i love the colour of it. ladyman as a guest did very well, too. nice to hear he's got some points on his license as well. all in all a brilliant one. :thumbsup:

Well , just finished watching the episode , it was sooooo great !

I actually drove on this mountain road in southern France this summer, was a really demanding road :thumbsup: Gosh I would have been better off in this Ferrari than in my Opel .

Also drove on the highway between Clermont and Millau (but didn't go to Millau though)

Have you seen that JC was driving on the "slow truck" lane (far right lane) when on this highway ?

The part about the Architect of the Bridge being British was annoying, we all know he was British, but the main companies and the chief engineer who co-designed the Bridge with that Brit guy was French , there also were a lot of Portuguese worker alongside the French , so really an European Bridge which is surely the best looking bridge in the World.

Another thing, I'm really waiting for the Veyron run, just learned that JC would not trigger the Speedcameras if he drives fullspeed as European Speedcameras are not able to capture speeds over 300Km/h (Veyron can 400kmh)

Shawn_230 said:
By the way, what the fcuk is with Jeremy's GT's rear lights? Why do they keep flickering?

LED's can be driven two ways:
1. Constant current, that means a resistor in series with the LED. The resistor is chosen so the LED lights up with the most amount of candlelight (Cd) with a reasonably low power consumption (usually 20-50mA). This doesn't flicker when recorded on a camera.

2. However, LEDs can withstand the tenfold of these currents for a short amount of time, so they can be impulse-driven, with, lessay 200-300mA impulses that last only about 1/500th of a sec. If you do this fast enough (human eye cannot distinguish pulses in excess of 20-25Hz), it _looks_ as if the LED was constantly lit. This way the same LEDs can be used, but they emit light with much greater Cd rating. So this means Ford can use cheaper LEDs in the GT's backlights. These, and also the newer Audi backlights therefore flicker when recorded.

Enjoy Supercars in France very much....beautiful roads, beautiful bridge. just amazing to see three super cars on the road :thumbsup: super car come out from such car park really hurts... :richard: Congratulations to TG receives an Emmy~ Cheers :lol: well done boys.

w.o.w

this was a great-great ep.!

with the millau viaduc, with james driving fast, with the 'traffic' and carpark in Paris. 8)

i think Ladyman was brave to go to top gear, even though he wasn't funny like most guests... well, I guess there was some tension between him and Jeremy :lol:

"If you brought an american here, he would die of shock." :lol:

now that they've been to France twice, I wonder where they took the Bugatti... :roll:

Shawn_230 said:
By the way, what the fuck is with Jeremy's GT's rear lights? Why do they keep flickering?

Ford build quality?..

even though, I'd soo like to own a Focus ST :cry:

--

* also, I think the beamer m6 is actually cool
** oh, and jeremy mentioning Tiff was nice [yes, I know he hosted old top gear as well..]

The best episode in 2005, easily. Fantastic cars, great setting, very funny.
Liked the M6 cool wall bit. These guys made a nice one here.

I like how Ford is trying to cut corners with their flagship car... or is their flagship the F150 Lightning? "I suddenly develop the urge to bang my sister."