Votes: 55 14.4%

Votes: 24 6.3%

Votes: 9 2.3%

Votes: 5 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 2 0.5%

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
I gotta say I didn't found it all that funny, mainly because I'm more of a hot hatch guy. But to be honest they lost me when they blew up the Astra.The fact that last episode was as awesome as it was doesn't help it either.Still it was a good episode and I particularly adored the camerawork in the 458 film

8/10 for a very solid episode.Makes you wonder whey they didn't make 15x05 the last episode

Reactions: LP
I can't believe Goldblum had no idea how to drive a manual, or that changing gears might actually be good. What kind of world do we live in where you can go on a motoring show without knowing how to drive?

Great episode. The ending with them at the now defunct TVR factory walking around and talking about its history, then ending with the "Ghosts in the warehouse" montage was beautiful. I don't care what anyone says, cars are not just to get us from Point A to Point B, they are far far more than that and the ending of this episode showed exactly what a car can mean.

8/10 Solid episode. The Ferrari review was great, although I wonder if James really does own a F430 or if that was just another bit of "clever" writing. Still, it's an impressive car and the steering wheel control issues were pretty funny. And damn it's fast! SIARPC was awkward. Goldblum is a strange guy, very eccentric I thought. And obviously totally clueless about cars. I would have suggested a 911 Turbo for his next car. Supposedly they're fairly economical and extremely clean running. :p

The British roadster challenge was pretty good too. A lot of setup fake gags, but it worked well since they played the whole segment trying to cheat their way into a victory over the producers. So all these inexplicable, and obviously staged, accidents didn't ruin the segment at all. But I did find myself cringing when they pulled out the original VW GTi, which is a car I would really love to buy someday. After destroying a couple other hot hatches, I was just waiting for the piano to drop during this scene:

2uepfo1.png

But thankfully they didn't ruin that car as well. I was honestly relieved. :lol: And the ending at the TVR factory was very humbling and sad. They played it very well, with hardly any music and lots of silence to help show how empty the place is. All the old moldings laying around and personal items and notes on the wall. It was a powerful way to end the segment. All those classic British roadsters in that warehouse really demonstrates the passion that use to be put into cars. A passion I think we'll never see again, thanks to government safety regulations putting severe restrictions on bumper heights, hood gaps for pedestrian safety, 3rd brake lights needing to be at certain heights, etc. It's a shame. :(

Last edited:
hello guys

just wondering whether its just me but the 2 f430s had different plates? one was with YN55NEO (james' car) and the other one was (possibly WX55FTZ?) when stig came to race clarkson.

Great episode, rated it an 8/10

458 Review - 10/10 Thorough, to the point and some excellent camera work.
News - 7/10 Nothing special but nothing to complain about either.
SIARPC - 8/10 Jeff seems like a nice guy and he did a surprisingly fast lap considering the lack of shifting.
Challenge - 8/10 Liked the cars, like the seriousness and the message. I didn't like some of the messing around but it's Top Gear so I'm not going to complain.

Overall solid episode, second best of the series.

hello guys

just wondering whether its just me but the 2 f430s had different plates? one was with YN55NEO (james' car) and the other one was (possibly WX55FTZ?) when stig came to race clarkson.

Well, I'm pretty sure James wouldn't be down with them using his actual 430 for a drag race, especially considering the fact that, except for a few cars, they damage them at least a bit in all of their films (Clarkson said it on one of his columns).

Another thing I forgot to say, as much as I 'meh''d the challenge, the last scene with the classic cars all parked up in the old TVR factory was great, very powerful and moving.

As for the GTI being destroyed...fat chance considering it's one of Jezza's favorite cars....

...in the world.

Last edited:
8/10 After destroying a couple other hot hatches, I was just waiting for the piano to drop during this scene:

2uepfo1.png

I was expecting it too :)

I gave it a 10, teared up a little at the ending, and want to fly to Blackpool and photograph the TVR factory.

It's interesting that after Series 14, they pulled it all together and made what has to be placed among the best series' the series has ever done. A little short - I want just one more - but among the best.

Not as good as last week but still very good indeed.

Jeff is such a strange guy.

As for the GTI being destroyed...fat chance considering it's one of Jezza's favorite cars....

...in the world.
Well, I hate seeing any decent condition car being destroyed, on any show or movie. When I watch TopGear I always kind of expect something like that to happen. They like parking cars, walking away, and having something fall out of the sky and destroy it. Whether or not the car in question is a personal favorite of any presenter/producer doesn't really occur to me at the time, you know? Not that it would really matter, I'm sure they would destroy a car that Jeremy really likes. They would just play it up as part of the joke and focus on Jezza getting angry about it. *shrugs*

A solid 9. Great normal car review and lots of good non-cheesy jokes for the "challenges".

458 was great, but the British car film was too long and boring, especially towards the end. Another film would have really done wonders with this episode.

I actually enjoyed this episode more-so than the previous episode that everyone else seemed to love. Last week I rated the ep an 8/10, this week, 9/10.

Not sure about the ferrari.. the issues Jeremy mentioned with the poor button placements and speedometer oversight seemed pretty unforgivable, but obviously it is an incredible car and he seemed absolutely ecstatic about it.

SIARPC.. well it was a bit weird how Jeremy kept painting him as a big star, he really isn't. But I liked him more than Cruise and Diaz, especially because it was entertaining to watch him completely humiliate himself throughout the segment.

The Challenge is the real reason I liked this episode. I thought it was hilarious and also quite poignant, even though highly scripted.

I give it an 8/10. I liked it better than last weeks.

Ferrari review was great other than the thing about the spedo. He mentions several times if you have the Sat Nav screen on you have no idea how fast you're going. Then 2 seconds later it cuts to a shot of the instrument panel that shows the speed is displayed in a numeric readout on the other screen on the left side of the Tach. Stuff like this kind of makes you wonder what other criticisms or compliments in any of their reviews are BS.

The British cars film was good. There were a few predictable moments but overall it was well done. Maybe they borrowed the cars they destroyed from the government's stockpile since they are headed for a crusher anyway.

7/10 for me. The best of the show was the 458 review with a bonus seeing James' 430 get the Top Gear treatment.

The challenge felt half-hearted to me. I'm not sure if the boys were trying to get the point across that old British sports cars are crap or if they were serious in their love of the old bangers. If they were serious I would have thought they'd have done a bit better with their 5000 pounds. Once they blew up the Stig I had visions of JC's DVDs and their over-the-top comedy style and those serious bits towards the end felt less, well, serious. If you love those old British sports cars then show them some respect.

Last edited:
This was an absolute perfect 10.
I have NEVER seen Jeremy SO EXCITED about a car before! Yes, there was the Koenigsegg CCX, the Ascari A10, the Bugatti, the Noble M600. and the Ariel Atom, and then there was the Ferrari 458. You simply do NOT see Jeremy in the state of excitement that he was in, within any other episode or special that was released by JC about any subset of cars. This was a beautiful episode. I say, that this is the most recent pinnacle of what Top Gear is really, whole-heartedly about. It didn't feel scripted. All three presenters felt completely natural, uncoerced, and unhindered. This episode exemplifies what Top Gear is REALLY about. Adventure, Excellence, and Complete Rubbish, all wrapped in a fresh, savory spring roll with a thick plum sauce.
Perfect.
I sincerely hope that the top gear staff remember this episodes as one of the all-time greats. I also hope that everyone on the staff, and at the BBC realizes that this is what the show has been, and must be in the future.

I hope the future brings much more of the same! :D :D :D

Last edited:
I'm sorry, for me this was an absolute 10 out of 10. I have to admit that I am very partial to British roadsters, as anyone reading the idea/suggestions thread probably would have noticed. However, this really just captured exactly how anyone who enjoys these cars thinks about them. Yes, they were terrible and mechanically inferior but, crucially, they were made to be eye catching, interesting, and fun.

Jeremy, if you're reading this, you may as well go and buy a 458. Everyone will be expecting it now, and it's doubtful that you'd have created a review like that if you weren't completely enamored with the car.

Edit: I would also like to add that it was interesting what was done in relation to The Seven Ups/Jayne Mansfield crash.

Last edited: