2009 Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Gro should have known there would no space for him on that line. Still waiting for Gro onboard video...

Great race as usual at Spa, a guaranteed track for entertainment. A little disappointed for Webber's race, but these things happen.

I loved Seb's comment in the conference after the race about Renault:
Also compliments to Renault. With all the shit that we have gone through the last couple of races it is good to finish again and good to prove the engine is strong enough to manage a race.

I feel like the race was wasted due to a Ferrari victory, like i need to wait 3 weeks between proper races :( They dont belong in this sport.

are you saying that because you don't like them? or because they're not in contention anyway?

Last edited:
That's interesting, cause I, like all of you, thought that Grosjean was responsible for that crash. After looking on that video I must admit it was Button's mistake. Not big, but definitely it wasn't Grosjean's fault.

It's still Grosjean's fault. He was behind Button (the front end of his car wasn't past the middle of Button's car), which means it's his responsibility to avoid anyone in front and Button has the right to the traditional racing line. If his car was right beside Button's, then it would be Button's fault.

Lee McKenzie: "Great race, Kimi. It must feel great to be a winner again."

Kimi: "Nah, it feels the same as before"

:lol:

Haha, that's classic Kimi right there!

Superb race for Ferrari, with the F60 holding up nicely and showing that it's quite quick. Can't wait for Monza!

Vettel's start is up:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohXWysGfeUI&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]

Lee McKenzie: "Great race, Kimi. It must feel great to be a winner again."

Kimi: "Nah, it feels the same as before"

:lol:

behahah Kimi ;) That's just win.

I feel like the race was wasted due to a Ferrari victory, like i need to wait 3 weeks between proper races :( They dont belong in this sport.

Philistine.

...well that was unexpected. Go Fisichella :D I feel a bit ashamed to say that sometimes I forget he's still driving but he's certainly got my attention now!

It's still Grosjean's fault. He was behind Button (the front end of his car wasn't past the middle of Button's car), which means it's his responsibility to avoid anyone in front and Button has the right to the traditional racing line. If his car was right beside Button's, then it would be Button's fault.

Watched it and think maybe you're right. View from Grosjean's car would be the best. He tried to overtake Button from quite behind, and then Button bumped into him. Am I right know? Or still haven't noticed something? ;)

Confusing situation.

:lol: this from the Red Bull Racing site....they allege it is an account of Spa from an 'unnamed' driver, but the foul language and the mention of the fist shaking trainer have got to be fairly big clues as to who they're taking the piss out of.

Red Bull Racing said:
Once a driver gets his F1 Superlicence, he is contractually bound to say that Spa is the ultimate drivers? circuit for real men. But what do they really think? We listened to an unnamed driver do a lap. See below to see what he said?

Start: This grid?s stupid. It?s uphill. Wish they?d fitted a handbrake.

La Source: I hate this, I?ve never looked in front of me, I?m too busy checking my mirrors for the lunatic who?s charged up from the back row and forgotten to brake. At least no one?s going to criticise my driving style as the ?experts? reckon there is no perfect line through the hairpin. Thank goodness?

Eau Rouge: Oh shit! Downhill to Eau Rouge. If I ever get my hands on the first F1 driver who said it was no longer a challenge and easily flat out, I?ll make him eat what I?ve just done in my race suit.

Radillon: Why do they say it looks like a vertical wall? It?s just a road that goes up hill. Radillon? Sounds like something I could clean the mess in these overalls with.

Kemmel Straight: OK, here we go?. and er?, here we still go? and still going and on and, fuck me, is this ever going to end?

Pouhon: Loads of corners here I can?t remember, though there?s one called Pouhon I think: Reminds me of what?s going on in my overalls.

Er? even more corners that I can?t remember: All a blur now: lefty, righty, lefty, righty bit. Must remember to tell journalists it?s really technical and puts a massive strain on the car and your neck.

Blanchimont: Not sure what this one?s called. I think it?s Blancmange. Apparently, if you?re a real driver you don?t talk about Eau Rouge anymore, you go on about this one, while narrowing your eyes and looking brave.

Bus Stop: Apart from the130R at Suzuka, is there a sillier name for a corner? We?re all millionaire racing drivers, so do you think anyone of us has ever stood at a bus stop or even knows what one looks like?

Start/Finish Line: There he is, my trainer, hanging on to the pit board and waving his fist at me. Does he honestly think I ever look at the board, when I?ve got a perfectly good radio link to my engineer? Oh shit, here we go again?

Well he is. Even if he retires in the future, I want him back just to race in Spa and show all the rest how it's done.

Well he is. Even if he retires in the future, I want him back just to race in Spa and show all the rest how it's done.

It has to be said though that Fisi was faster on the day. Essentially the race was won by KERS.

It has to be said though that Fisi was faster on the day. Essentially the race was won by KERS.
True, but he did had to pass all those guys in front of him. Even with KERS it's not an easy task to start from 6th and win the race.

I wonder if the car had no KERS and instead he had a light and balanced car, would he still won it? Maybe.