Beer

Yes it is very tart, but you have to remember I mixed the lambic into the chocolate stout. You need very little to make the chocolate stout taste like chocolate-raspberry, maybe 2-3 ounces at most. Any more than that and it completely overpowers the stout.

As I've learned, if mixed right, it can be an absolutely delicious beer concoction.

Americans I have just read this!

"By the year 2000 there were 1,392 breweries in the United States. The three largest brewing companies had consolidated the major part of the American beer market, accounting for 96 percent of the beer produced in the United States."

I implore you. ?

Please support your smaller (Craft and micro brewers) companies - the big three do not need your dollars, there are plenty of people who give them money.

IIRC craft beer is around the 10% market share right now.

Craft beer has made huge progress lately. I would be shocked if it were any less than 10%. It seems like craft beer is becoming the more mainstream thing to drink, even it is someone ordering a Leinenkugel, at least its a start.

Even dive bars in the city will have local craft beers on tap, and there's usually someone ordering it.

Also IIRC, craft beer was up in sales over the recession, while many other types of alcohol were down. That by itself speaks volumes.

happy hangover day.

Ran out of Guinness, had to switch to killians, didnt really mind. beer was beer by that point.

And there are much, much worse things out there than Killians.

I implore you. ?

Please support your smaller (Craft and micro brewers) companies - the big three do not need your dollars, there are plenty of people who give them money.

My buddies and I are partial to a local beer called Duquesne, which was originally founded in 1899 but died in the early '70s due to competition from the bigger breweries and was just revived last year.

Other than that, I enjoy Dos Equis and some flavors of Sam Adams. Tried Miller and Coors Light for the first time over the weekend and won't drink them again unless they're the only things offered.

Sorry Deathrazor, I was super hungover on Saturday morning and missed buying Dark Lord Day tickets since I had to wake up by 10am PST since I was in LA. Hope you get to try some eventually.

They sold out in 10 minutes! :blink: I didn't get any either, but my friend's brother got a couple.

Sorry Deathrazor, I was super hungover on Saturday morning and missed buying Dark Lord Day tickets since I had to wake up by 10am PST since I was in LA. Hope you get to try some eventually.

Not a big deal, I'll just have to make sure I can make it to Darkness Day this year.

My sad cap collection, all 173 of them:

2011-03-22_20-57-26_694.jpg

Its all going towards my bar that I'm going to build in my house I don't own yet. I would have a ton more but I didn't want any duplicates at first, until I realized I needed 121 caps just to cover one square foot. <_<

Last edited:
Its all going towards my bar that I'm going to build in my house I don't own yet. I would have a ton more but I didn't want any duplicates at first, until I realized I needed 121 caps just to cover one square foot. <_<

My house-mates and I did that exact same thing in college... It was something like ~3000 bottle caps. I've got a picture of it somewhere.

Post it up if you can find the picture!

I know I have plenty of time to stock up on caps, but its still disappointing to see how little I have. It looked like so much more sitting in the bottle I'm storing them in :lol:

At this point I think I'll need about 2,300 caps. I have a few friends helping me out, but a lot of times they forget to open the cap "gently" and end up ruining them.

edit: If anyone hasn't figured out what I'm planning on doing, something like this:

Screenshot2011-03-22at91533PM.png

Though that example looks a bit shit to me, my woodwork will be much, much nicer.

Last edited: