:beautiful picture:

Deep fried schnitzel
Deep fried bacon
Smoked ham
Gruy?re cheese
Fried egg
Barbecue sauce
Japanese mayonnaise

Looks awesome, like a croque madame plus a schnitzel and bacon. It's like someone walked into a sandwich shop and said, "I want a croque madame but can you add some awesome." and they did.:D

This is my favorite burger place:
http://www.thecounterburger.com/

My favorite combo:
Beef Burger
1/3 lb
English Muffin
Horseradish Cheddar
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Bacon
Fried Egg
(fried onion strings and sauteed mushrooms if someone else is buying)
Peppercorn Steak Sauce or the Roasted Garlic Aioli
with a side of Sweet Potato Fries, or the Hobo pack.

Ooooh, they have a location in Walnut Creek! I may have to give them a go the next time I'm in California. :D

At the Counter, it might seem strange that the fries or other sides don't come with the burger, but it works out. By the time you've started your burger, there's usually so much piled on it that you need both hands, and with the sauce and ingredients, it gets messy...you aren't really able to have a free hand to pick up some fries or a fork, and if the sides came with the burger, they'd be cold by the time you would be able to get to them.

... threw this together with stuff I had left from the weekend ... and it was a failure ...

http://img230.imageshack.**/img230/3682/knoedel.jpg

With dumplings you need sauce ... lots of sauce. And I hadn?t made any. Just threw some tiny bit of creme fraiche at the veges/chicken ... :( perfectly good dumplings wasted ...

http://img97.imageshack.**/img97/1719/picture007a.jpg

Turkey was on sale this week for $0.99/lb, so I bought one. Brined it for 15hrs then roasted it this afternoon along with some carrots and sweet potatoes tossed in a little olive oil, S&P, and finished it off with a nice homemade turkey gravy (I always seem to get gallon of pan drippings). If this were Christmas or Thanksgiving, I'd have a lot more sides and some cranberry sauce, but this was kind of an impulse turkey, so it's rather simple.

Last edited:
Turkey was on sale this week for $0.99/lb, so I bought one. Brined it for 15hrs then roasted it this afternoon along with some carrots and sweet potatoes tossed in a little olive oil, S&P, and finished it off with a nice homemade turkey gravy (I always seem to get gallon of pan drippings). If this were Christmas or Thanksgiving, I'd have a lot more sides and some cranberry sauce, but this was kind of an impulse turkey, so it's rather simple.

Looks good, but did it feel strange? I have cooked many a turkey in my time, but for some reason only on said holidays. Odd really, as I eat lots of turkey throughout the year via the sandwich, yet just buy cold cuts from the deli. Perhaps I should cook my own, it would probably taste better and cost less. I also seem to only eat pecan pie on Thanksgiving, which is quite stupid, because pecan pie is fucking awesome.

Hmm... there seems to be too much cookie and not enough chocolate chip. :(

Depends on the cookie, some have lots and others not so much. Which works in my home because my mom believes the perfect chocolate chip cookie has three chips in it. :blink: While I like just a bit of cookie with my chocolate. :D

My dinner, pasta with a sauce made from minced meat, onions, chili flakes, freshly grinded salt and black pepper and a small amount of cream. Tasted yummy. :)

jtxiiq.jpg

My dinner yesterday:

- 2 pieces of fried chicken breast in garlic marinade
- 1/2 small cauliflower, boiled and covered with breadcrumbs and melted butter
- Boiled potatoes
- Herb butter

4015860732_cdb2b73e3f_b.jpg

Last edited:
shouldn't you have cut the cauliflower in to smaller pieces to make sure that its clean? No insects and such.