Google Wave - Google's FliFacemailbookkr

It's a "web 2.0" replacement for email.
It's even more collaborative than a google doc.
I can see it's use when like having to get input from a lot of people at the same time on a certain subject or project. Or if a few people need to get information to a lot of people. As email is very one to one in it's structure. This is many to many.

i have 8 invites left ;)

Anyone who wants invites send me a pm, I have 13 invites.

I'm beginning to see the point in Wave. I need to communicate with a guy in the US at work. We need to exchange some info and find an angreement. Unfortunately, we can't do it over the phone, so email is pretty much the only option. That however will quickly become chaotic and confusing.

A Wave however would be perfect for that, since we can exchange info quickly and easily and gather the necessary bits clearly arranged.

I'm beginning to see the point in Wave. I need to communicate with a guy in the US at work. We need to exchange some info and find an angreement. Unfortunately, we can't do it over the phone, so email is pretty much the only option. That however will quickly become chaotic and confusing.

A Wave however would be perfect for that, since we can exchange info quickly and easily and gather the necessary bits clearly arranged.

hmmm good point, now the thing would be to convince ur co-workers to use wave as well

looking forward to the final product :O

hmmm good point, now the thing would be to convince ur co-workers to use wave as well

looking forward to the final product :O

make a proposal for your own wave, as it is "open for developement" like in their demo of 2 "company's" own wave servers.

then you can use it with your entire company and still have connect it to google's wave

By the way, I tried to send an e-mail to my google wave address yesterday, just to see what happens. The email never arrived in my wave inbox, and I got a message from my ISP a few hours later that the mail can't be delivered.

By the way, I tried to send an e-mail to my google wave address yesterday, just to see what happens. The email never arrived in my wave inbox, and I got a message from my ISP a few hours later that the mail can't be delivered.

Just tried in via Gmail and it never arrived in the Wave inbox. That's a real shame...

i think it isn't email client :p

Add me! piratestef [ at ] googlewave.com :D

Also, how do you tell if you have any invites? I'd offer mine out to whoever wants them if I knew where to find them.

Add me! piratestef [ at ] googlewave.com :D

Also, how do you tell if you have any invites? I'd offer mine out to whoever wants them if I knew where to find them.

you will get a wave when you have invitations to send out :cool:

Who wants to throw me a bone invite?

I'll give you a rep and it's a special one since it'll be newly minted after four months - gotta have some sorta special value, amirite?

Who wants to throw me a bone invite?

I'll give you a rep and it's a special one since it'll be newly minted after four months - gotta have some sorta special value, amirite?

Need an email address.

Edit: I have 7 invites, if anybody wants one, PM me your email.

Also, my address is my username AT googlewave.com, add me.

Last edited:
Thanks Crazyjeeper, waiting for the email.

And I told you that the first rep would be special, didn't I? :twisted:

So I got on... totally incomprehensible to me for now, guess I gotta watch that video. :dunno:

Yeah it's definitely a "lol wtf?" service at the moment.

So what's the verdict guys?

I think it's a great concept, but it needs improvements. Right now as it is, it's not as convenient as MSN Messenger or other IM programmes out there on the market.

I doubt it'll ever be as good as an IM (as they have easy p2p file transfers, voice and video streaming).