Gran Turismo 5

It is, but there's a workaround. What you need to do is drive at the right time and check back with the guys at GTPlanet.net. They have fixed times at when to enter the races, so you'll be racing with a bunch of very clean, fair and fast guys.

Last edited:
Oh they're up? Sweet!

Best Motoring, Video Option and the Gran Turismo stuff are subtitled. The Best Motoring episode have the GT-R in a race against the Gallardo Superleggera, NSX-R, 911 Turbo and 911 GT3.

How 'bout the quality? Top Gear is not in HD I suppose?

I don't think Top Gear is i HD it is around 900 mb for 50 min. It's probably the same as when it was aired.

I haven't had time to watch the full Top Gear episode yet as it's one of my favourite ones and I wanted to watch the Ferrari and Super GT documentaries first.

The Ferrari Documentary shows how Yamauchi-san has become Jampan`s Clarkson as he tried to do a documentary with some sort of Top Gear vibe. Of course everything is filmed in a very japanese way of politeness and respect as they give us a tour from Modena (City) to Maranello and the ferrari road cars factory. Engines, trims, chassis, even a little forest inside the factory is shown. It's a shame it's a 3 part documentary and it feels short. But it's definetly worth a download to any Ferrari fan.

The Super GT 2007 season review is just epic. It takes you throughout all the season giving you the most important bits from each of the 9 races. It follows both the GT300 and GT500 classes and how they fight to get the championship. The documentary it's full of very good moments, specially one where three cars (2 NSX's and a Lexus SC) run alongside the straight at the same speed trying to get to first place. Nissan Z's, NSX's, Lexus SC's, Tommy Kayra's, Porsches, MR2's and many more are featured in this season review. It's quite a long documentary so it's worth the money. Highly recommended to anyone interested in GT racing or specially Japanese cars.

Well!! Here are the reviews of the two documentaries I downloaded alongside Top Gear. Both are great but I highly recommend the Super GT one. It's worth a watch for only 99c ;)

Well!!

After some months of no updates at all Polyphony decided to give us a present in form of new intro to the game. It seems like polyphony wats to change the intro of the game every month so we will have something different to see. Last month was the Jaguar XKR's intro. And this month it's about the Audi R8. And boy what a new intro! Two Audi R8's racing each other inside what it seems to be some sort of Airport parking. Awesome!

It has to be seen ;)

[YOUTUBE]6XhdbkoFYfg[/YOUTUBE]

There's a free Top Gear introduction video now.

And hmm, my game isn't showing a patching as being available (i.e. the new intro video). What gives?

Errrr.... that into video, oooh soo nice.

Just watched it before on a 48' 1080p Sony.

I would so die if they that 'track' as a playable thing.

There's a free Top Gear introduction video now.

And hmm, my game isn't showing a patching as being available (i.e. the new intro video). What gives?

Don't worry. Polyphony thmeselves put into the news section that there might be problems for the game in finding the update.

You only have to go to:

Options > Network > Downloand New Updates / Expansion data

My guess is that with this patch every month we will have a new intro for the game. With last monthe update we were given the Jaguar Intro and this month we are given the Audi R8 one. Which probably menas that next moth a surprise will be waiting for us :D

Polyphony's Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is about to get a pretty substantial upgrade. The next time you boot up your Playstation 3, an update will be available for GT5 that will add the GT by Citroen, Ferrari's new California and the Lotus Evora. Lotus fans got a sneak peek into the Evora's GT5 inclusion at the British Motor Show a few weeks back, and now everybody gets to join in on the aluminum-intensive fun. It's always a pleasure to strap yourself in a Ferrari, in real-life or virtually, and the California is the latest Italian Stallion around, so its addition was a foregone conclusion. The biggest news, though, is the new French GT, which its maker says was "a partnership between Citro?n and Polyphony." In the game-realm, the new GT concept will be powered by electrons generated from a hydrogen fuel cell. Even if the technology isn't quite ready for prime time in your driveway, it can always make waves in digital form, running around various race tracks while emitting nothing but water.

Source: Autoblog

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/03/citroen-gt-concept-now-available-on-gt5-prologue/

This is very good news!

The update is available for download, go and boot up your Prologue now. They also changed some other bits and pieces, like improving the physics and so on.

Yep!

Got it this morning! ^_^

The Citr?en GT looks absolutely stunning on the screen. The problem is it costs 1.000.000 Credits so it means I'll need to play quite a lot to get to that sum of money! :S

The Ferrari and Lotus look cool too but compared to the Citr?en...

And I love the new intro, specially the music in it! :D

Evora is definitely the best Lotus in the game. it's competitive in 750-800PP race despite the lack of downforce and being down on power.:cool: