Gran Turismo 5

...The problem is it costs 1.000.000 Credits so it means I'll need to play quite a lot to get to that sum of money! :S

I was going to say play the Fuji with a GTR or F430 since its usually easy with a $50k payout but they got rid of it now....

Guess I'll have to see if I can get the F40 or F430 tuned right for Suzuka with PP650 or less. F40 is too loose without R1 tires and the F430 isn't a track car. :hmm: This will take awhile.

I've been farming the 5 laps of Daytona forever. Still no F40 yet so I can finish the final class.

^ Yea me too, I've only got enough for the evora, and i plan to get all three together.

The California is extremely fast, much faster then the f430. The 7 speed gearbox gives it a big edge in races. The evora handles good but is pretty slow and the locked final gear means that the car is really a 4.5 speed instead of a 6 speed. The Citroen is an electric car that has unbeatable acceleration from 0-250 km/h; After that, cars like the ford gt lm seem to be able to keep up with it. I've had this car up to 330 km/h (without a slip stream) by the end of the Fugi straight. Over all, a good update. Would of preferred to have a different track then the cars though.

Would of preferred to have a different track then the cars though.
The manufacturers may have provided a bit of financial motivation for these cars though.

Last edited:
The manufacturers may have provided a bit of financial motivation for these cars though.

True, but i would prefer to race the ring rather then race new cars heh

I don't think we'll ever see the 'Ring in Prologue. If they would put that track out now, they'd substantially slaughter GT5 sales figures.

I play quite a lot of GT5 Prologue, but I totally agree with Viper, GT4 was a Lot better...I still go back to my PS2 just to play that game :); i still haven't completed 100% of the game, a few one-make races and a few endurance races left (including 24hr 'ring race :( can't get myself to do it..)

I'm just waiting for GT5 with damage modeling and of course the top gear test track!! :D

PSN Id: ameerk; i have a few of my drift control and lap times up, mostly in the top 50's

I agree that GT4 is MORE game than GT5P but it isn't a fair comparison either.

Full Game > Big Demo

I'm sure that we will be needing a lot of tissues :rolleyes: when GT5 is released and we won't doub calling it the best console driving simulator EVER.

I just take Prologue for what it is (with its drawbacks too) and enjoy it as much as I can because to be honest... even if it's a demo it's much better than other full game racing games out there.

But yeah! I still play GT4 from time to time ^_^

So what I'm gathering from this thread is, GT4 > GT5P. And from personal experience...GT3 > GT4. So therefore, old, antiquated GT3 is better than GT5P. So far I'm happy in my decision not to get a PS3.

You can tell that to yourself to save the money, but I haven't touched GT4 ever since Prologue is out.

So what I'm gathering from this thread is, GT4 > GT5P. And from personal experience...GT3 > GT4. So therefore, old, antiquated GT3 is better than GT5P. So far I'm happy in my decision not to get a PS3.

Well I don't think any of us said that. What has been said is that GT5P doesn't give you the full experience a GT "Non-Prologue" can give you for obvious reasons. So it isn't as good as GT4.

With only 6 tracks and about 70 cars the game feels short and it needs way more stuff. That's the main drawback the game has. But it is not fair compare GT5P with GT4. GT5P vs GT4P is a fair comparison.

I find it very hard to play GT4 after playing GT5P.

GT5 will blow the shit outta GT4. The problem is GT5P is it's a demo and doesn't have much content. As Vltros said you can't really compare them.

My friend is trying to sell me a used PS3 for $250, I'm thinking about it the only game I'm interested in is GT5. How much is the prologue, and is it all inclusive? I know they're doing that pay per car and track thing but do I get all the cars and tracks for what I pay for the game?

My friend is trying to sell me a used PS3 for $250, I'm thinking about it the only game I'm interested in is GT5. How much is the prologue, and is it all inclusive? I know they're doing that pay per car and track thing but do I get all the cars and tracks for what I pay for the game?

What crappy game does that happen in? Grand Turismo 5 Prologue hasn't done that. It sells here for the freshly sealed price of $39.99 with nothing to pay after that. Do make sure you have broadband because the game is almost only online. Reminds me of the old days, buying SNES games for $40!

The only thing where they charge you money in Prologue is for some Gran Turismo TV bits. You don't have to buy them though, so all the gameplay is free.