Gran Turismo 5

I think it is pretty good. I hate the controller though. Anyone known how to make a ps3 controller fit into a 360 one?

I played a few laps on the demo, and while it looks good, having played and owning Forza 2, the unrealistic physics of the GT series is really starting to show. Cars i chose in the demo have way too much grip and superhuman brakes, basically i can drive like crap and recover from even the worst driving. Forza may be weaker in the visuals dept, but the racing physics are so much more realistic and challenging.

I played a few laps on the demo, and while it looks good, having played and owning Forza 2, the unrealistic physics of the GT series is really starting to show. Cars i chose in the demo have way too much grip and superhuman brakes, basically i can drive like crap and recover from even the worst driving. Forza may be weaker in the visuals dept, but the racing physics are so much more realistic and challenging.

I haven't tried either of the games due to i'm a poor studying bastard, but the main griefs you seem to have with GT5P about grip and handling sound like the same I initially had with GT4.

Both are easily solved (atleast in GT4, so I assume also in GT5P)

Grip: For some reason most cars in the GT-series come equipped with either racing or sports tires as standard which have way higher levels of grip than real life road tires. The solution is to use "normal" tires which are closer to real life grip. That should solve the "super" grip and braking issue.

Driving like crap and still recover: Have you tried turning all the driving aids off?

Exactly my thoughts when a first played GT3 a while back. I later found out how to turn off the driver aids, and boy did I have a good time :D

Just for the books:

This is a demo of the prequel of the full game, so don't read too much into it.

GT-TV has been unlocked

it has
best motoring trailer
super GT climax digest
and D1 grand prix top of the drifting world

THis is so fantastic, i just had to share it.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U[/YOUTUBE]

Super FREAK! :lol:

Did he (or she) have to wear gloves to drive like that???
Nothing out of this world.

How do you guys find Forza 2 challenging? Easier then GT4 for me.

NICE! I guess I'm not the only one who heel-toes on downshift in GT :lol:, that guy's really good.
How do you guys find Forza 2 challenging? Easier then GT4 for me.
I only race GT4 in N1/N2 tires on non-race cars, and I also found Forza 2 fairly easy.

Why doesn't the game let you choose the Lexus or the Mazda? It gives somekind of message but have no idea whatsoever what it means?

If I remember correctly, the cars gets unlocked with official announcements from Tokyo Auto Show this week.

Does the game automatically update as long as your PS3 is connected to the network?

I believe so, like Fuel said previously, GT-TV has already been unlocked via internet already.

I just realized with the BMW 135i, physics set to simulation, and with S1 tires. I'm trying just as hard to pass AI as GTR2 :blink:. Loving this demo more and more every minute, sound needs work though :lol:

Last edited:
Does going from Arcade to Simulation make a major difference for you guys? I have noticed it only makes it harder to drift.

Also, how much does a steering wheel setup like that cost you?

Does going from Arcade to Simulation make a major difference for you guys? I have noticed it only makes it harder to drift.

Also, how much does a steering wheel setup like that cost you?

It makes the car much more sensitive to steering/throttle input, which requires much more precise driving.

Currently only Logitech Driving Force Pro (GT4 wheel) and Logitech G25 wheel have 900 degree steering angle, you can find the DFP for less than $80 brand new on eBay and around $200 for the G25. Both works on PS2/3 and PC, with the G25 you have the luxury of much higher built quality (leather, aluminum) and working clutch pedal and 6 speed (+ reverse) H pattern shifter.

I would HIGHLY recommend the G25 if price isn't an issue, not only because of the clutch + H pattern shifter, but because G25 uses dual force feedback motors, it is the only force feedback wheel I've experience (including Logitech DFP and MS Wireless wheel) to NOT have unrealistic resistance when counter steering caused by reduction motor gears on other racing wheels.