Guess that famous movie line

To be truthful I actually had to look that High Fidelity quote up. Not my kind of movie and I have only seen a few parts of it.

Try this one.

"We have only one thing to give up. Our dominion. We don't own the world. We're not kings yet. Not gods. Can we give that up? Too precious, all that control? Too tempting, being a god?"

I don't know that one but it sounds pretty screwed up.

But I'm not going to become a damn dirty cheater and look it up.

Ok, I did, but I will let someone who actually knows it do the honors.

Blind_Io said:
I don't know that one but it sounds pretty screwed up.

But I'm not going to become a damn dirty cheater and look it up.

Ok, I did, but I will let someone who actually knows it do the honors.

Did you ever read the book that the movie is based on? It is quite good.

'Fraid not. All my books the past 7 years or so have been texts with the occasional break for Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman

Blind_Io said:
'Fraid not. All my books the past 7 years or so have been texts with the occasional break for Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman

Know what's better than Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman?

Reading "Good Omens" and getting both for the price of one! ;) Man that book rules, I'm going to go read it again.

I bought a first edition first printing of Good Omens in a used bookstore for $7 :p

On Mondays and Wednesdays I work for the Travelers Aid at the airport.
Helping travelers?
No, misdirecting them

Now that is not that hard.

That'd be between Rod Taylor and (dunno the other's name) in The Birds.....?

This is quite an ambiguous one

Get away, you damn white bird!

Watership Down?

Lacking any feedback I will go ahead and post another line.

"All columnists should be beaten to a pulp and converted back into paper! "

This is a bit weird, I always use the "view posts since last visit" option almost everyday and i never see this thread, and now when I check the thread individually, there are new posts....

Well it's been 3 days. Do you guys want another line from the same film or should I scratch it and start fresh?

It is from Sabrina....the classic 50's version....not the dodgy remake with Harrison Ford.