Have you ever cried at the end of a movie?

Have you ever cried at the end of a movie?

• Total voters

Goose+

Have you ever cried at the end of a movie? If "Yes," feel free to list them below!

Allow me to start with my list;

:cry: Titanic.

:cry: Gladiator (was about 12 when I first watched it, so.. ).

:cry: Shindler's List.

:cry: Saving private Ryan (Not really a tear, but emotional).

No, I haven't. And I haven't cried since I was...what....8-9 years old. I'm not trying to be macho or anything, I just don't cry, never. I have no idea what it would take to make me shed a tear but it would have to be something absolutely massive.

Last edited:
We let a few girls in the forum and the whole general discussion section goes to hell!

La Vita e Bella, and I felt like a total idiot for crying.

The Green Mile was pretty sad, it felt like half the movie was set up to be as sad as possible.

Define cry.
Shedding a few man tears (aka a bit of moisture) or sobbing like a woman (an actual stream)?

I sometimes sweat a bit out of the eyes if a movie is particularly sad or my favourite character just died, real sobbing however needs something stronger like my fathers death a year ago.

Last edited:
It sometimes happens with me. Counting only the most recent:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (yeah, yeah, I know, but I was touched by the story)

The thin red line (I went to the movies alone, feeling pretty lonely that day)

Finding Neverland (Damn you, Kate Winslet and Freddie Highmore)

Three Seasons (I was particularly fragile that week)

How long until Blind_Io or someone else tells me to man up? :p

Dark Crystal. I was 4, and I cried when the beatle-like monsters were dying.

Don Hertsfeldt's "Rejected" but those were tears of laughter.

Apollo 13.

And that makes me a man.

I might get some abuse for this one...

When I was 8 I cried at the ending of Terminator 2.

i got a bit misty at the end of Slumdog....

I sometimes get a bit emotional at the end of some really powerful movies, like the dark knight, but I've never actually cried.

I've seen the ending of "The Notebook" a few times and it always pulls on a nerve, and really anything about losing family tends to get me fairly close, but I've never actually shed a tear from a movie.

Titanic, Pearl Harbour and Empire of the Sun are the only ones to have made me cry. A couple of others have come close, but I don't remember what they were. I saw those quite a while ago now.

Last edited:
When Chuck Norris kicked the terrorist leader to death at the end of Delta Force I cried tears of joy. Manly, manly joy.

Seriously though, I've never cried during a movie but I've had to walk out of one: my film class in high school showed a made-for-TV movie called Wit, and it was absolutely devastating. I also felt like I was about to tear up at the end of Life is Beautiful.

Handbags and Kleenex for everybody!

handbags.jpg

kleenex.jpg

The Green Mile was pretty sad, it felt like half the movie was set up to be as sad as possible.

You think the movie is sad, you bawl like a child when you read the book.

At the end of the mini series Band Of Brothers I was pretty choked up.