Help me find a RWD Sportscar... IN GERMANY

So today I drove this:

http://img805.imageshack.**/img805/5433/imag0268q.jpg

Genesis Coupe - What a dissapointment. Seriously... how bad can a chassis be? This car clearly wasn't designed with german autobahns in mind, driving faster than 100mph is simply terrifying. Car needs 1,5 lanes and is just all over the place.

Engine is nice, the AT is bearable but the chassis just kills it. 22k$ ok, but spending 30k? on this? No way...

Are you sure that isn't an issue with the tires?

Aw crap. Yeah well, good thing you drove it. BTW, there is an evil Evo 8 for sale in the touri forum right now.....probably raced to death though ;)

@wank guy:

Well, these are winters, but from the pics my guess is they are at least 205 width....shouldn't be jumping around like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyre issue? Frankly: No, definetly not. Profile on them was ok, I also checked the tyre pressure.
It's hard to explain, it just feels like the chassis isn't capable. They try to deceive it with the traction control, but the TC just cuts out the engine hard when it detects slip. This makes the car react very harsh and can be a really bad suprise if you don't expect it.
With TC off it is quite a handfull, and you have to be on your toes but still not very satisfying to drive.

EDIT: Yeah forgot to mention they were winter tyres, the summer tyres didn't survive the handling test drives... Dimensions were 225/35R19 in the front and 245/35R19 in the back and they were rated "V" so they should be good up to 150mph / 240kmh.

Last edited:
That's very strange, my Sebring was a mid-90s POS Chrysler with a bent chassis on worn narrow tires and it was stable at 100 mph... plus the Genesis Coupe is often praised for its handling.

Nissan 300Z? 350Z? I've plenty of both go for $20k or below. What's the resale of those in Deutschland?

It's neither :D The car is owned bei Hyundai Germany and was given to my company for road testing. While this particular car has most likely seen some abuse than your average preowned car it has done only 7000km and was serviced by experienced mechanics.

Genesis Coupe - What a dissapointment. Seriously... how bad can a chassis be? This car clearly wasn't designed with german autobahns in mind, driving faster than 100mph is simply terrifying. Car needs 1,5 lanes and is just all over the place.
Exactly what magazine reviews said too, they also complained about the interior noise and the price.

How much is a used Mustang over there? :p

The same 4.6L V8 used in the Mustang was used in this:

Koenigsegg-CCR-%2704.jpg

Last edited:
So today I drove this:

http://img805.imageshack.**/img805/5433/imag0268q.jpg

Engine is nice, the AT is bearable but the chassis just kills it. 22k$ ok, but spending 30k? on this? No way...

Was this the 2.0T or the 3.8L? I've noticed that the 2.0T behaves A LOT differently than the 3.8L at speed. The 3.8L feels fairly-well planted (especially for a Korean car), but the 2.0T has numb steering and feels loose in the front end. I've only ever driven them both with summer tyres though.

Ladies and Gentlemen of finalgear, today I bought a BMW 1 Series Coupe :)
Thanks for all of your advice, especially MWF and M3lover. Wouldn't have thought of the 1 Series Coupe without you guys!

Good buy, I love the 1 series. It is the old 3 series.

It's a black one. Once I pick it up I'll make a thread in the "Post your car" section. I agree with blue being the nicest color, the used car market didn't have a blue one that fitted the budget sadly...

Wouw, one of these advice threads that has actualy led to someone buying a car someone here recommended! And it isen't even an MX5 :p

Congrats!

What the hell, guys? Ibizas? Skodas?! Am I missing something? Since when did VAG make RWD-cars?

E39 M5?
E46 M3? any BMW?

How did it take over one page before this came up? An E46 M3 would be ~perfect for this man. Or even a Z3 or Z4 M Coupe.

ffs..

Ladies and Gentlemen of finalgear, today I bought a BMW 1 Series Coupe :)
Thanks for all of your advice, especially MWF and M3lover. Wouldn't have thought of the 1 Series Coupe without you guys!

And congrats to you sir. A wise and fun choice of wheels. Probably one of the last purchaseworthy small cars from BMW for a long time.. It's the 135, right?

Last edited:
Things I want from my next car:
- 200 or more hp
- Budget: 20.000? although that can be stretched if think it's worth it. Preferably
something new or maybe a year or two old.
- 2+2 Seater would be nice, If it isn't at least some lugagge space is needed as
it is going to be my only car.

Since forever.

I don't follow.