High Performance Police Cars

Plucky Brits with Italian cars...
lamborghini_murcielago_cop1L.jpg

The Murcielago was just a promo car, not a real cop car. Also quoting this for the flap thing:

To impale pedestrians in crowds.
Still, those are better than Michigan state police.
http://img3.imageshack.**/img3/2805/2006michiganstatepolice.gif

Get hit by that car, and your head is being cut open by that stupid stop sign.

Note the STOP.

we-saw-this-unmarked-charger-cruising-near-mopar-muscle-world-hq-note.jpg

There's a charger cop identical to this one on the highway near my school that always has some random Honda pulled over every morning. Very hard to spot on a busy interstate.

There are 2 things about that picture I don't get...one, it's made in the spring/summer, how did they fall off?...two, how did they get grass under the wipers????

But to stay on topic. The German police have a lot of nice fast cars...porsches etc.

polizei-porsche.2.jpg

I thought this was only a promo..

It was. The sponsor decals are a hint. ;) The fastest police cars in Germany are probably the unmarked Autobahn police "ProViDa" video cars.

Last edited:
My favorite.....

http://img32.imageshack.**/img32/254/icolt1485357albumsicoltx.jpg

The good news: No, the Texas DPS state troopers do not have one of those.
The bad news: DPS now has Dodge Chargers with the Hemi V8 as standard issue.
The worse news: They special ordered some of them with the 6.1L out of the SRT8 instead of the 5.7.
The really bad news: DPS is building two, possibly four, "special interceptors" - 6.1L Chargers with blowers. Intended use: Catching up with drug runners in far West Texas.
The really, really bad news: You may be wondering why they'd want to catch up instead of just following along behind, because they couldn't really do something like ram your car at high speed without risking their own lives. That's why this is really, really bad news - if Texas DPS can't get you to pull over voluntarily and it is too dangerous for the officer's safety to ram you off the road, he will simply pull up, draw his sidearm, shoot out your tires and your fuel tank then wait for your car to die.

[youtube]wg4NwrpXB1o[/youtube]

(Not my video) This truck ran through three counties and a dozen cities before entering the troopers' jurisdiction. They solved the problem within ten minutes after a three hour chase.

In Texas, when the state troopers ask you to stop, STOP. They are serious. Running from the police is a really bad idea here.

Last edited:
(Not my video) This truck ran through three counties and a dozen cities before entering the troopers' jurisdiction. They solved the problem within ten minutes after a three hour chase.

In Texas, when the state troopers ask you to stop, STOP. They are serious. Running from the police is a really bad idea here.

You just have to do everything with live ammo in Texas, don't you?

You just have to do everything with live ammo in Texas, don't you?

It's not like he didn't have three hours' warning or anything... :p And it worked, so I don't see how you could improve on that. :lol:

And no, we don't do everything with live ammo. Barbequing with live ammo would be silly.

Besides, gunpowder clashes with the mesquite charcoal's flavor something fierce. :lol:

Back on topic - a local PD has a hopped up WRX that they actually do use in the field and not just as a PR gag.

Last edited:
I don't have a pic but the Australian Police Use VXR8's

I can't imagine the Dodge Charger with a Supercharged 6.1. I know the Constabulary around here uses the more normal Police Version, and the guys who drive them claim 171MPH is fast enough for them.

http://img189.imageshack.**/img189/4448/3639938587c5fa4d593fb26.jpg

Apparently the CHP has purchased 75 Chargers, 15 marked and 60 unmarked. I've seen two already but I live in Sacramento where CHP HQ is located.

The good news: No, the Texas DPS state troopers do not have one of those.
The bad news: DPS now has Dodge Chargers with the Hemi V8 as standard issue.
The worse news: They special ordered some of them with the 6.1L out of the SRT8 instead of the 5.7.
The really bad news: DPS is building two, possibly four, "special interceptors" - 6.1L Chargers with blowers. Intended use: Catching up with drug runners in far West Texas.
The really, really bad news: You may be wondering why they'd want to catch up instead of just following along behind, because they couldn't really do something like ram your car at high speed without risking their own lives. That's why this is really, really bad news - if Texas DPS can't get you to pull over voluntarily and it is too dangerous for the officer's safety to ram you off the road, he will simply pull up, draw his sidearm, shoot out your tires and your fuel tank then wait for your car to die.

I remember seeing that on channel 8 when that happend. :D Yes the Texas DPS/State Troopers mean business. If you are pulled over by them then you actually did something really wrong. They won't mess with someone unless you actually broke the law--and not just some random inspection sticker either. You are speeding in excess of 90mph or you are a drug dealer. :D

Back on topic - a local PD has a hopped up WRX that they actually do use in the field and not just as a PR gag.

That would be Farmer's Branch I think, I've seen a silver one with lights on the dash/rear window area. Could be wrong...

I know there are at least 5 local municipalities that use normal undercover cars and even some minor riced out ones for street racer stings. I've seen Plano do it several times...which is why I don't mess around in my Camaro around here. :D

http://img189.imageshack.**/img189/4448/3639938587c5fa4d593fb26.jpg

Apparently the CHP has purchased 75 Chargers, 15 marked and 60 unmarked. I've seen two already but I live in Sacramento where CHP HQ is located.

Those Chargers do look menacing in black with black wheels and a bullbar don't they? :lol:

Last edited: