I have high requirements for a new monitor

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
What I have now:
21" widescreen, HD, Picture in Picture, 1000:1 contrast, 8ms response time, 4 USB ports, and rotates to vertical orientation.

Problem is that it's beginning to die, and it's out of warranty. It has a really irritating high pitched squeal and goes through fits of serious flickering.

Time to start thinking about an upgrade. The requirements I have for a new one are the same or larger screen size, USB ports (I could work with two but I would like 3 or 4 much more), a decent response time along with high resolution and a contrast ratio equal or higher to what I have.

Any recommendations? I've looked around and everything I'm finding is rather out of what I want to spend. I got the current one two years ago when I bought my computer and it was either $250 or $300, so I would expect I could get a bit better one for about the same price if not a little cheaper now.

Go here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Subcategory=20&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=

On the left side, pick your resolution, size, how many USB ports you want, etc.

I just bought two Westinghouse LCDs off Newegg (a 22" for my sister for $240 and a 24" for me for $360) -- their everyday prices are great.

Although make sure to be aware of their LCD policy: http://www.newegg.com/Info/ReturnPolicy.aspx#21

[LCD Monitor] Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy

* Return for refund within: non-refundable
* Return for replacement within: 30 days
* There must be a minimum of 8 dead pixels to declare an LCD display defective and eligible for return.

This is our detailed [LCD Monitor] Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy. Products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy", or items labeled as ?Non-refundable? (or similar labeling) must be returned to Newegg.com within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same item.

Newegg.com sells many products such as Notebooks and Monitors that feature LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) screens. Newegg.com adheres to the dead-pixel policy that is observed by the majority of our manufacturers. In order to declare any product with an LCD screen "defective" and eligible for replacement or refund through any applicable Newegg.com Return Policy, there must be a minimum of 8 (eight) dead LCD pixels.

My monitor and my sister's didn't have any dead pixels, so that didn't affect me.

If that worries you though, go to a brick and mortar like BB or CC and see what they have deals on.

What I have now:
21" widescreen, HD, Picture in Picture, 1000:1 contrast, 8ms response time, 4 USB ports, and rotates to vertical orientation.

Problem is that it's beginning to die, and it's out of warranty. It has a really irritating high pitched squeal and goes through fits of serious flickering.

Time to start thinking about an upgrade. The requirements I have for a new one are the same or larger screen size, USB ports (I could work with two but I would like 3 or 4 much more), a decent response time along with high resolution and a contrast ratio equal or higher to what I have.

Any recommendations? I've looked around and everything I'm finding is rather out of what I want to spend. I got the current one two years ago when I bought my computer and it was either $250 or $300, so I would expect I could get a bit better one for about the same price if not a little cheaper now.

First.. ^ what viper said. You cant go wrong with newegg.

Now, instead of buying an expensive monitor from Sony/Dell/HP with 4/6x USB ports. Rather buy a normal 22" LCD mintor, 1000:1, 5ms it will be somewhere around $230. And grab yourself a USB hub, for no more than 30 bucks. Then you are good to go. No need to get ripped off by big brands like Sony/Dell just beacuse you want USB support.

If i can remember correctly, there is a 22" LCD from Hanns G, has 4 usb port on the side of the monitor, and its not badly priced. Around $250 or so

If that worries you though, go to a brick and mortar like BB or CC and see what they have deals on.

You're funny. The closest one of those is about an hour or hour and a half drive. :lol:

Although about the dead pixel thing, if I buy a product I expect it to be as advertised, so they'd best say right on the box "With # dead pixels" if I'm going to get one with them or they better take it back as a defective product. I guess I'm a bit old fashioned.

Although about the dead pixel thing, if I buy a product I expect it to be as advertised, so they'd best say right on the box "With # dead pixels" if I'm going to get one with them or they better take it back as a defective product. I guess I'm a bit old fashioned.

Agreed, but then again there are 2.3 million pixels on my screen.

lol, thats what us customer wants. I don't think they will consider 1 dead pixel as a defect product though. Especially newegg, they have a strict LCD return policy.

If you end up a bad monitor with a dead pixel, then just prick another 7 and return it as a defective product :lol:

If you end up a bad monitor with a dead pixel, then just prick another 7 and return it as a defective product :lol:

Yeah, if I have one and I couldn't get it unstuck (you can cycle it for a while and hope it gets unstuck), then I was considering it. :lol:

Well, the one I have now that's dying came with a no dead pixel guarantee, perhaps there's another reason I'm expecting so much. Seems like proper service and build quality is a dying thing these days.