Idiots + cars = LOL

If you ever feel like driving like a jackass... don't bring passengers... I feel sorry for the poor girl.

Pretty much this, ngl I would have tried even with a passenger but not to that extent, also not in the understeer central that is teh RS4 (the last one we got was a B7)

I knew a guy with an older model RS4 who was just as bad. Guy shredded his tires doing something equally stupid, i.e. Racing a 911 Turbo on the I-5 just because the 911 had the nerve to go faster than him.

Did I mention this particular 4 ringer was also a (US) cop?

So this video basically proves that an RS4 is as good as a new NSX in the canyons? :p
:lol:

I knew a guy with an older model RS4 who was just as bad. Guy shredded his tires doing something equally stupid, i.e. Racing a 911 Turbo on the I-5 just because the 911 had the nerve to go faster than him.

I'd like to know how he was able to afford an RS4 on a cop's salary.

I'd like to know how he was able to afford an RS4 on a cop's salary.
He bought it quite used. I also just realized we only ever got one RS4 in Canada (same as the US), so it must have been an S4

Every cop on the highways around here seem to want to be the fastest vehicle on the road... Looking at you cook county sheriffs.

So this video basically proves that an RS4 is as good as a new NSX in the canyons? :p
:lol:
For a start, the NSX managed to stay between the lines. ;) However, that difference may well be down to the person behind the steering wheel.

For a start, the NSX managed to stay between the lines. ;) However, that difference may well be down to the person behind the steering wheel.

The B7 RS4 is a pig though, if you remember the TG review that thing was understeering all over the place even with Stig at the wheel.

If you get it to understeer on a public road, you're doing it wrong.

Pretty much all Audis understeer like pigs. Awesome cars but don't buy one for its handling prowess.

Engines are set past the front wheels, aren't they?

Because everyone fled upon trying :lol:

Pretty much all Audis understeer like pigs. Awesome cars but don't buy one for its handling prowess.

Well, they're still using 50-50% trannys. Mercedes shown the world that you can't trust more than 35% to front wheels, if you want handling. :p

Well, I owned two Audis in the past, one FWD and a quattro... and several of them as rentals over the weekend, among them an A4, several A6's, a TT Roadster, a Q7 and two A8's. So I feel qualified to make a judgement :D

Let me just tell you that those reports of being "nose-heavy" or understeering, are vastly exaggerated. If at all, it just shows when you drive like a maniac, which probably includes breaking several traffic rules. Of course I'm talking about driving them on public roads, read "what they were intended for". I don't put them on a race track and complain about their driving behaviour, knowing very well that a road car isn't a race car.

I mean yes, a BMW probably feels a bit lighter in the front if you take corners with screeching tyres. But on the other hand Audis outrun the comparable BMW on the Autobahn, so...

Last edited:
But on the other hand Audis outrun the comparable BMW on the Autobahn, so...

Autobans are self-steering rollercoasters (i can basically outrun RS4 on my "designed for a straight line" 'hunderbucket there), what about teh famous green hell results?

Btw, you can't excuse handling issues with traffic laws. Lada been built for driving on public roads too, but that doesn't stop it from crashing within legal speeds :p

I've driven several awd 4ringers too. (44 2.3e, 45 2,0 and D11 3,6) and they all had spining front issue. I'm not saying one doesn't have to learn how to handle 50-50% drive, but 35-64% steers much much more predictable is a plain fact.

You shouldn't have to go recklessly fast to enjoy a proper car. How the car feels is much more important on the street than how fast it is. All of the Audis I've driven felt dull and aloof, like the driver isn't really part of the process. To each his own, I suppose.

Well I can speak from experience that with the power hike and wheel/tyre/suspension upgrades he has fitted, Ice's A4 is a hoot to drive. Understeer has be dialled out and it's huge fun to chuck around on a good road.