Is being a woman a disablity?

Don't they have security cameras in your dad's workplace? He should have asked for proof of it and bring legal help, seriously. He stood by to having a criminal record for that bitch?

It is becoming more and more common to file countersuit for false claims like that.

Thing is guys, I asked my mom about this, and she said "we can't afford a lawyer". And even if we could, the only evidence we could use is my dad's word, because (and this is answering your question here), they don't have cameras in the lab where my dad works.

So we just have to live with it and move on. I think and I hope my dad will retire soon.

On top of that she is making it harder for woman who are legitimately abused to be taken seriously. I've known a couple of girls who have gone through sexual abuse and it hasn't been stopped because of all the red tape and stress of it all. The offenders are walking around the streets still, some have small children! Can't rely on the state to teach them to respect women. But if I ever run into the cowardly bastards I have a tire iron that can sure teach them a little respect. . . in the face.

Thing is guys, I asked my mom about this, and she said "we can't afford a lawyer". And even if we could, the only evidence we could use is my dad's word, because (and this is answering your question here), they don't have cameras in the lab where my dad works.

So we just have to live with it and move on. I think and I hope my dad will retire soon.

So it's only her word against your dad's ... would any court rule either way? How can he be proven guilty of having done that without any extra witnesses?
I know there are legitimate cases without proof out there, but seriously, one's word against another's word is like kindergarden. What judge in his right mind would rule in favour of either one?

That's the thing I hate. A woman can make a complaint and it's taken as a judge's ruling of "guilty." What happened to due process? She has to make her case and the burden of proof is upon her.

Did you dad request a hearing or challenge the complaint at all?

That's the thing I hate. A woman can make a complaint and it's taken as a judge's ruling of "guilty." What happened to due process? She has to make her case and the burden of proof is upon her.

Nah he's not one to fight like that. My mom is usually the one headbutting with her boss and whatnot and I guess lack of knowledge of law/lack of money were the reasons why we didn't request a hearing or a lawyer. I mean, even if we did request a lawyer and held a hearing it would then just be his word against hers, and even if he did win the case, we'd still have to pay the lawyer, so i mean what's the use in that. So long as you know you're morally correct. (At least this is what I think my mom's philosophy was on this matter). My dad did talk with human resources though, and the (surprisingly) lady there understood his story and said she'd look into it.

I think that mark is still on his record unfortunately.

My brother told me of a story about a guy in his squadron similar-ish to Lurkers dad.

Guy goes to party, hooks up with some random skank (and apparently the term "loose" is an understatement), but she was still dating some guy and felt guilty the next morning and claimed he raped her. Thats an instant "no way you're getting into the military now" card, and this dude only ever wanted to be in the military. Plus he also enjoyed owning guns, which with this rap would have been a bit of a problem for him.

When he went to court they had to prove that she was in fact not one of "noble character" and very easy to get in the sack. He got off, but just barely.

Nah he's not one to fight like that. My mom is usually the one headbutting with her boss and whatnot and I guess lack of knowledge of law/lack of money were the reasons why we didn't request a hearing or a lawyer. I mean, even if we did request a lawyer and held a hearing it would then just be his word against hers, and even if he did win the case, we'd still have to pay the lawyer, so i mean what's the use in that. So long as you know you're morally correct. (At least this is what I think my mom's philosophy was on this matter). My dad did talk with human resources though, and the (surprisingly) lady there understood his story and said she'd look into it.

I think that mark is still on his record unfortunately.

You can counter sue for defamation of character, and for her to pay all fees plus time taken off work to deal with the whole thing, physiological damages, I'm sure the attorney could find something else.

Did she just claim he unzipped his pants also "whipped it out"? At that point you only have to ask one question... was he circumcised or not? Or what kind of underwear was he wearing?

It would have been worth it to fight it. Especially now that he is being screwed (from the sounds of it) into a crappy position and can't get out of it because of her lies.

Last edited:
I think things will work out man. My mom recently told me my dad's boss's boss (the unsupportive asshole) might be laid off soon since he fucked up big time with the funding, so here's to hoping for that.

I think that's somewhat the Indian way of dealing with things. Don't wish bad upon others and continue to do good and good will come to you/karma will fix everything sort of thing. I dunno :p

What the fuck happened to reasonable doubt? If your dad is that good a man, I'm sure there are plenty of people that can vouch that he would never do that - and Tracy has got shit-all evidence...
I hope this karma thing you got going will help you... shit seems to work well for me when I feel like helping LOLs (little old ladies) across the street...
o_O

It is actually very hard to prove in court. Trust me on this, sexual harassment charges might fly in private businesses, but if there is no proof in court you'll have a hard time convicting of anything. And most women don't make this type of thing up, most.

To add to this topic which has not seen any action in it for a long time, I have been seeing a lot more of this in Toronto. As well as my friend girls complaining guys are assholes. It just amazes me that my friend girls are allowed to hit me really hard to insulting me, and I am unable to do anything about it. You know what I mean like girls hit guys are insulting them, but they are allowed to insult guys with no punishment. It's something that is really pissing me off.

I'm not confrontational, in that I will never start one needlessly. However, If somebody insults me or tries to take advantage of me unjustly, I will give them an eye for an eye, regardless of their age, race, gender, or whatever.

At the same time, though, If I do inadvertently offend, insult somebody, I will be the first to go out of my way and apologize to them as well.

If a girl insults me for any reason whatsoever, there will be a thing or two I will have to say about it.

Don't let it get to you cdbob.

Just wanted to express my agreement with the OP.

I hate when people use race sex or any other card. Boo hoo feel bad for me. Any disability sort of thing (like period side effects or something) would be noticeable if bad enough to NEED to sit down. That sort of pain you would LOOK ill which is why no one gives me shit when I'm in that state.

We were actually discussing this issue in a uni lecture last week; mainly about the differences of coverage women's sport recieves compared to men's sport, and why is it that men always drag their girlfriends along to watch their sport, but don't return the favour? You may think things have changed over the past 50 years, and they have. But there's a lot that still remains the same...

To add to this topic which has not seen any action in it for a long time, I have been seeing a lot more of this in Toronto. As well as my friend girls complaining guys are assholes. It just amazes me that my friend girls are allowed to hit me really hard to insulting me, and I am unable to do anything about it. You know what I mean like girls hit guys are insulting them, but they are allowed to insult guys with no punishment. It's something that is really pissing me off.
This is a matter of guys doing this to themselves. You allow them to do it. If it were me in your place, I'd quickly retaliate. Mind you, if it's just a flirty hit, I'd do the same ... if I like the said woman, that is.

We were actually discussing this issue in a uni lecture last week; mainly about the differences of coverage women's sport recieves compared to men's sport, and why is it that men always drag their girlfriends along to watch their sport, but don't return the favour? You may think things have changed over the past 50 years, and they have. But there's a lot that still remains the same...

Really? I drag girls to the opera and classic theatre all the time (I don't like broadway plays.). I always order wine as opposed to beer. And I've cooked small meals for girls.

However, they can do their own laundry, I'm not touching it. :rolleyes:

Then again, I'm not such a sports fan. I only watch football (the european variety, it's football) and the olympics. Fortunately for girls, nothing interesting in terms of those sports happens around here. And hell no, I'm not paying for an extra plane ticket and accomodations to the Vancouver Olympics. I started watching UFC though ... but that's also in the states, thus no local events.

The sports thing is a little unreasonable I think. The last time I met a girl who actually wanted to watch a Women's sport was... well, never. There were a couple that were into sports in general, but most of them were not into sports at all. If I can drag girls out to watch sports, etc., I know full well that I am expected to be dragged out to watch chick flicks, and the like.

We may be aiming for equality here, but that doesn't necessarily equate to all of us having the same interests.

As far as cooking is concerned, the last time I had a girl cook for me was never! I'm the one who always ends up cooking :lol:

When the WNBA learns to dunk....

Hey, I watch women's sports. Skiing and snowboarding are fun to watch and so are track and field events - especially Allison Stokke.

154GM8W1004.jpg

Last edited: