Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hammons perceived silence is based on the fact that he lives in the countryside. You can't stalk people (while in a diesel powered car for instance) quite as efficiently when there are fences and private property and stuff like that. Living in London can have certain drawbacks if you try to be private...

And there is also an invention called ... let me think ... telephone. I guess it may also exist in the UK countryside (but I'm not entirely sure).

Clarkson is intergral as the primary writer of the show itself (as Tiff stated earlier in quoted comments) he is not just the host.

Maybe, but it's not as if May and Hammond were unable to write, I think some of you give them too little credit in that respect. If they really failed to write much for the show until now, it was not because they lacked the ability.

Last edited:
I've thought that Hammond has been noticeably a lot quieter through all this than May as well- I'd love to think that all four of them would stick together, even if it was just in principal rather than to actively work together again, but I fear that if any one of them broke away from that and carried on with the BBC, it would be Hammond. Really hope I'm wrong- the BBC don't deserve to keep any of them now.
If Hammond, May and Wilman stick it out on Top Gear it's not going to be because the BBC deserve it or not, theres more here at stake then the job of the Orangutan, he's going to be okay no matter what happens.

What if...?

What if JC comes back to Top Gear next year?
i was looking at the facts.
  • JC's contract wasn't renewed
  • Lord Hall said, that JC could come back some time in the future
  • The secret meetings between JC, May & Wilman
  • Top Gear will continue in 2016

If you look at this, there is a possibility, that JC will be back next year.
Everybody is saying, that JC was fired. thats not true. He wasn't fired. he was suspended and they choose not to renew his contract. This opened the option to rehire him after a "timeout".
JC now has the time to sort out his life and in 2016 he can come back to continue with TG.

I know, it's alot of speculations, but it could happen.

What if...?

Everybody is saying, that JC was fired. thats not true. He wasn't fired. he was suspended and they choose not to renew his contract. This opened the option to rehire him after a "timeout".
JC now has the time to sort out his life and in 2016 he can come back to continue with TG.

I've made similar speculations but I think they'd probably want to attempt at least one series without him so that the press isn't all over them saying that he wasn't punished at all or something.

What if...?

I've had similar thoughts. However, the only way this'll happen is only if the BBC can't see any other way of sustaining the financial success of the show. I think it'll only happen after they've had a go with other presenters tho, but I'd like to be surprised.

Will they continue this series? Which I assume is part of the outgoing contract. There should still be a couple of episodes outstanding! JC owes that to us fans!

The episodes have been filmed supposedly it's just a matter of getting them ready to air.

sh9kr2S.png

His first Twitter "activity" since last week...

Yes all 4 were there...this from the Sunday Times last Sunday

Extract from the Sunday Times today . Article by Nick Ruffold, Jeremy's motoring editor for the last 10 years (So I'm assuming it's accurate - ish)

There was no steak and chips on the menu at the Assaggi restaurant in Notting Hill, west London, on Thursday but Jeremy Clarkson managed to avoid losing his temper.
Twenty-four hours had elapsed since the BBC sacked him from Top Gear for punching a producer (allegedly over an absent steak and chips). Improbably, despite much more weighty national and international news, Clarkson was at the top of the headlines; the paparazzi were hunting him and the man himself was eating pasta.
With him at the first-floor summit in the restaurant were his co-presenters James May and Richard Hammond and the man often referred to as the fourth member of the Top Gear team, Andy Wilman, Clarkson?s old Repton school friend and executive producer of the show.
There was one item on the agenda: the future of Top Gear. Those within earshot of the conversation report that there was a fair amount of swearing at the table ? but it was all in good humour, unlike the rant that had got Clarkson sacked.
It was the first time the four had met face to face since the BBC had dropped what Clarkson described as ?the bombshell?. The question on everyone?s lips: would the award-winning team break up and go their separate ways, or stay together and launch a new show with the same theme?
According to sources, the discussion started well but quickly descended, with the help of Assaggi?s wine cellar, into a drive down memory lane, as each relived his favourite Top Gear moment. What was clear, though, is that if they could relaunch a new show as a team, they would do so.
?They tried to be serious but it was a bit like an episode of Top Gear staged in a restaurant instead of a studio,? said one observer. ?They suggested broadcasters they might approach but they were just guessing. Then they talked about how to draw up a business plan but it was a shambles. Alan Sugar would have laughed out loud.?
They parted cheerfully, according to a source, and ?May got a bit over-nostalgic and couldn?t find his way home afterwards.?

^Now that, that warms the heart.

?May got a bit over-nostalgic and couldn?t find his way home afterwards.?[/I]
Only superman could laugh harder than I did.

Oh that really, as coyboy said, warms up my heart! Jeremy, James, Richard and Andy being who they are regardless of where they are. That's what makes them such an epic team.

Loved some of the comments in response to the leaked email from Wilman: "Which presenter was closest to getting killed? Maybe Hammond after the dragster crash?"

Nope, it was Jeremy after getting the lorry's gear lever up his bottom in series 12. "Here's your sign..." :p

I guess that confirms that Jeremy, Richard, James and Andy will now move away from BBC together as a team and make their own show. At least I am hoping that they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.