Kill It With Fire (Automotive Edition) Thread

3539489918_97370844a7_z.jpg

Were these old things ever goood? lol

A friend of mine had one of those, he put a big subwoofer in it, it dismantled itself. I actually did kind of like it though. It was so aggressively old lady, and yet he tried desperately to make it cool, making it hilarious.

I'd love to take one to LeMons.

I actually like the last generation Sebring Sedan and its Stratus sibling.

Silver_Dodge_Stratus_SXT_side.JPG

Decent gas mileage and attractive styling especially in 2004+ models like the one shown and a decent crash test score make it a great used car bargain.

It's a shame that they decontented the interior around this time though....the 2001 to 04 cars had a much nicer finish inside.

Erm...NO!!! A friend of mine drives one, either 2004 or 2005. Guess what - it has no ABS!!! No ABS in 2004, you have got to be kidding me!

They're supremely comfortable. I was picked up at the airport in one of these and the back seat is enormous and soft. Of course, what the passenger likes doesn't always overlap with what the driver likes. I doubt there are many drivers of shiny buses that enjoy their driving experience.

My grandpa's neighbor had an old Dodge like that in that color. It was before Chrysler whipped everything they made with the ugly stick. I thought it was kind of pretty, though not as much as the gaudy 80s boats everyone was moving away from.

It ran for years, so I guess it was fine. I think they only very, very (2004ish?) recently traded it off, but it was over there for most of my childhood.

Last edited:
P1.JPG

I'm guessing Chysler made this as the luxury edition ?

1985_chrysler_fifth_avenue-pic-33664.jpeg

Not a fan of the styling, but the seats do look ultra comfy :)

Nah, those are on different platforms. The Dodge Diplomat you just posted is RWD, while the Dodge Dynasty further up is based the K-car FWD platform.

Nah, those are on different platforms. The Dodge Diplomat you just posted is RWD, while the Dodge Dynasty further up is based the K-car FWD platform.

It was a Chysler fifth avenue lol and I believe its RWD as well.

The Dynasty I posted above looks just like the newer fifth avenue

91ChryslerNewYorkerFifthAvenue.jpg

But way fancier, which one would you have lol

yes, they actually were. Even though it's a stretched K-car, the Dynasty was a pretty attractive car back in the late 80's/early 90's. My grandmother had a maroon 1992 LE V6 with a maroon cloth interior. I thought it was a pretty nice car when I was little. Loved the weird interior details like where the door handles were located, the little "opera" style map lights on the C pillars, and the "car" pictogram on the dash that showed the exact door that was ajar, including the trunk. and the car lasted a great number of years before she traded it in.

Part of me wishes she still had it than her subsequent car purchases (Saturn SL2, Toyota Camry, Dodge Stratus) I would rock the Dynasty for sure. :cool:

Sadly they are virtually impossible to find nowadays...ebay regularly turns up nothing.... :(

Last edited:
yes, they actually were. Even though it's a stretched K-car, the Dynasty was a pretty attractive car back in the late 80's/early 90's. My grandmother had a maroon 1992 LE V6 with a maroon cloth interior. I thought it was a pretty nice car when I was little. Loved the weird interior details like where the door handles were located, the little "opera" style map lights on the C pillars, and the "car" pictogram on the dash that showed the exact door that was ajar, including the trunk. and the car lasted a great number of years before she traded it in.

Part of me wishes she still had it than her subsequent car purchases (Saturn SL2, Toyota Camry, Dodge Stratus) I would rock the Dynasty for sure.

Sadly they are virtually impossible to find nowadays...ebay regularly turns up nothing....

Really? I just saw one selling for around 600 dollars in my nearby county. And the seats in these old American cars look like huge, plushy sofas, which are awesome. I remember sitting in like the Grand Marquis, and the seats were so awesome, and I didn't mind the look of the outside, it was very executive looking yet it looked like a big boat lol

K-cars could be quite awesome. Almost all of them were available at one time with the excellent Chrysler 2.2L Turbo I4 which would make stupid power.

Kia_Amanti_2005.jpg

Kia-Amanti-1.jpg

I don't think the Amanti was a bad idea on paper, but I think it looks discusting

The interior looks nice though.

I actually like the Amanti now. With depreciation, it stops being a really pretentious Kia, and starts being something kind of fun and ridiculous. It's got a sense of humor about it. Counting down the days until someone brings it to LeMons, so perfect for it.

But I want a Lincoln Blackwood, clearly I am strange.

I actually like the Amanti now. With depreciation, it stops being a really pretentious Kia, and starts being something kind of fun and ridiculous. It's got a sense of humor about it. Counting down the days until someone brings it to LeMons, so perfect for it.

But I want a Lincoln Blackwood, clearly I am strange.

It would be awesome yet funny to see it on a racetrack :) wonder how it would do haha

And isn't the Blackwood essentially a Lincoln Navigator without the back? or a Ford F150? lol

I can't really picture anybody who can take this to a construction site hauling wood, and other heavy duty items without them panicking about it getting scratched up. I guess its kinda like the Cadillac Escalade EXT, more of a status item?

163_news070308_ford_recalls_03z+2002_Lincoln_Blackwood+rear_view.jpg

The tailgate is kinda special though

The Lincoln Blackwood is amazing. A car designed solely for one guy in Ford's marketing department, who convinced a surprising number of people that they could sell more than five black, four door, 2WD trucks with a bed lined in carpet and covered in a fake wood that looks like a real wood known for looking like a fake wood.

It's the most ridiculous car ever made, I want one.

The Lincoln Blackwood is amazing. A car designed solely for one guy in Ford's marketing department, who convinced a surprising number of people that they could sell more than five black, four door, 2WD trucks with a bed lined in carpet and covered in a fake wood that looks like a real wood known for looking like a fake wood.

It's the most ridiculous car ever made, I want one.

haha I believe they are pretty reasonably priced used nowadays.
vw-phaeton.jpg

reminds me of the VW Phaeton with the chairman wanting to compete with the other Germans, and leaving with a bang (didn't really work out), but I'd love to have their V12 version :)

K-cars could be quite awesome. Almost all of them were available at one time with the excellent Chrysler 2.2L Turbo I4 which would make stupid power.

Power to the front wheels == pointless :p
reminds me of the VW Phaeton with the chairman wanting to compete with the other Germans, and leaving with a bang (didn't really work out), but I'd love to have their V12 version
There was a V12 version? I was under the impression that the only 12 cyl was a W12

Last edited: