Kill It With Fire (Automotive Edition) Thread

IMG_7488.JPG

IMG_7491.JPG

Not only did it start out as (essentially) a 2CV, which is inherently horrible, someone at the factory then decided that it would be a good idea to remove the back half and replace it with a garden shed.

Last edited:
IMG_7488.JPG

IMG_7491.JPG

Not only did it start out as a 2CV, which is inherently horrible, someone at the factory then decided that it would be a good idea to remove the back half and replace it with a garden shed.

I'm no expert but I believe that started as a 'Diane' , wich was the luxury updated version of the 2CV with (among other things) a more powerfull (cough) engine .

Apart from that, I like the 2CV and its spinoffs, yes they are insanely French, way to small, horrible at handling, and ridiculesy underpowered (even for its day) .
As a car then, they are terrible, but they were cheap, realtively comfortable, and for the Average Frenchman it was his first shot at automotive freedom, so they sold by the truckloads.
And somehow , just because everything is so far out there they are alot of fun, its quirky, its weird , its almost childlike, like having a realy big pedalcar you don't have to push yourself......"want ventilation? alright.....just slide open this hole under the windshield, instant outside air" :p

You can also take these things apart and back again with very basic tools, and pretty much everything for them is widly available as replacement parts at el cheapo prices, making it a vehicle of choice for people who just want something they can restore and have fun with , whithout all the added stress of something complicated/expensive/rare

Last edited:
You didn't have to sit behind the thing as it struggled to pull into traffic. Despite the 'uprated' (ha ha) engine, it's still essentially a 2CV; the garden shed on the back combined with a headwind made it even slower to accelerate than the regular 2CVs I remember from my last visit to Paris.

It must be killed with fire. As it is French, it is completely possible that it will roll over and self-immolate, so that's something to look forward to. :p

Also, as it was never sold here, parts are not available, they're not cheap if you can find them, and some idiot had to actually import this heap from France. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You didn't have to sit behind the thing as it struggled to pull into traffic. It must be killed with fire.

I constantly sit behind things that are tiny and underpowered attempting to pull into traffic , you get used to it :p

Yes, but Europe is full of underpowered cars. Texas generally isn't. :p

I considered pushing it with the Crown Vic's push bar. I'm certain the CV wouldn't have noticed.

Edit: Hell, I had to hold the brakes on the CV because at idle the car was threatening to overrun the little French s**tbox, even at the crapcan's (apparent) maximum output.

Last edited:
It's twice your car.

Excuse the silly 2CV vs CV pun, I'm way too tired to be posting.

I looked at that for 2 minutes before figuring out what's going on........I sudgest some sleep :p

The original berlingo <3
What an awesome car.

IMG_7488.JPG

IMG_7491.JPG

Not only did it start out as (essentially) a 2CV, which is inherently horrible, someone at the factory then decided that it would be a good idea to remove the back half and replace it with a garden shed.

Does it have to be just one?

Dodge Neon, nuff said.
dodge-neon.jpg

Hond Civic, American kids think it's the coolest car ever for some reason
0506_ht_01_z+1995_honda_civic+front_view.jpg

Ford Taurus
taurus.jpg

The General Motor's H platform, for producing once great car's to turds like this, after the big oil crisis.
Oldsmobile_Eighty-Eight_--_08-28-2009.jpg

I've seen 5 seater vans here with like 11 people or so on them.

*coughs and it sounds suspiciously like 'strawberry picking'*

if you guys need that much seating, why don't you order one of these?

It's a Ford Econoline and that perticular model because of the extra sliver of glass on the very back, is a 15 passenger van.
800px-Ford_E-Series_wagon.jpg

Now, you don't want to kill the Acadiane with fire. I know people who have huge yards, they might want to throw their rakes and trimmers in the shed. Put a lawnmower deck on the bottom and you'd have a complete lawn maintenance solution.

See? Found a use for it.

The engine in those is so anemic that it couldn't power a cutting rotor and move the vehicle at the same time. Solution fail. :p

That 2CV thing is fucking hilarious it should not be killed with fire it should be on display in the "you are doing it HILIARIOUS[ly wrong]" museum.

A large photograph of one should suffice. There is no need to preserve a 2CV variant. :p

Besides, it is French, so it is very likely that it will kill itself with fire.

A large photograph of one should suffice. There is no need to preserve a 2CV variant. :p

Besides, it is French, so it is very likely that it will kill itself be killed by student protesters with fire.

FTFY.

Honestly guys......I hate France, I hate everything about France, and I especialy Hate everything about its cars.......but this hate for the 2CV? it aint right man, it just aint right :hippie smiley:
If the French ever did anthing cool, it was the 2CV......honest to God simple engineering , simple (crazy!) solutions that actualy worked.....I know that for an American it must seem tiny and silly, but speaking as a European with an affinaty for American cars : we have done alot more useless, tiny, silly and underpowered shit then the 2CV, atleats the 2CV is honest about what it is........one can never argue with that......

A very drunk but likewise melancholic Cowboy out................I still want a 68 Mustang, and a 2CV......somewhat.

I'm with you cowboy, I love the 2CV.

*this is weird, two truck/V8/very american car loving people defending the 2CV? WHAT IS GOING ON!?