My personal car reviews: VW Golf IV 1.6 (my own car)

You didnt open the cupholder :(

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzpP2dKtmc0[/YOUTUBE]

Satisfied now? ;)

Hehey, cupholder opening in HD! Now I'm fully satisfied :D

I don't have cupholders :(
I don't need cupholders :)
I want cupholders :(
Everyone, today is bipolar Thursday!

Last edited:
*lol* I wanted to upload more videos to YouTube but they suppressed the sound because of the music I was playing while driving.

Yes, I'm definitely going to vote for the Pirate Party in the next elections.

If it makes you happy, Youtube is loosing money badly :)

If it makes you happy, Youtube is loosing money badly :)

Yeah, but it's not like youtube is doing it by their own choice, it's the external pressure put on them from various lawyers, industry collectives, and nations.

So I am not allowed to play the music from CD's I bought with my own money publically, because that basically is what they say with removing that sound.

I wonder if my neighbour knows that. He always has his windows open, when he listens to music and the whole street can hear it. One day he is going to be arrested -- not for playing music loud but for playing it publically.

Forget barbecues with music, folks. Or birthday parties in the garden, because strangers could hear the music.

Last edited:
Thankfully we don't live in a youtubian society. :)
You can easily fool youtube by adding a few unhearable frequencies but it's a hassle that should not be necessary in the first place.

Pffft, cupholders. Real men hold their drinks in their laps, no matter if it's cold or hot!

Maybe you will become one, when you've grown up ;)

Since this topic is now about cupholders, let me just say that I am quite pleased that I have one for each passenger, when my previous 5-seater car only had one total.

Since this topic is now about cupholders, let me just say that I am quite pleased that I have one for each passenger, when my previous 5-seater car only had one total.

lol, my mum's new honda has NINE, although I don't think I've found all of them yet :D

lol, my mum's new honda has NINE, although I don't think I've found all of them yet :D

That's why Honda is so successful in the USA: They understand the Amercan driver's soul, which cries out for cupholders in cars -- the more, the better. Forget about style, build quality or technology: Cupholders are the key criterion there ;)

When an American asks: "How many have you in your car?", he doesn't mean horsepowers, you know :p

Last edited:
That's why Honda is so successful in the USA: They understand the Amercan driver's soul, which cries out for cupholders in cars -- the more, the better. Forget about style, build quality or technology: Cupholders are the key criterion there ;)

When an American asks: "How many have you in your car?", he doesn't mean horsepowers, you know :p

And the worst thing is, none of them are large enough for the Brauerei Rapp bottles I have (short and fat).

Lol, my car only has 3. 2 in front that are normal (except they swivel from under the dash if you have a giant ass drink) and one in the back of the armrest that is the cool pop out kind.

Being that my car is pretty much the same as this only more round and a convertible, I might as well mention I also :wub: my car.

My car has six places to put beverages in - and none of them is suitable for the half-litre-PET-bottles which are very common here. Total FAIL by Ford there. At least the glovebox is big enough to put 1-litre-bottles in and it's cooled, too.

It's actually great having zero cupholders, you dont get people drinking in your car, eliminating a potential sauce of leakage. Altough sometimes I get thirsty. But bottles work.

Last edited:
I have better cupholders than macguffin has. :p

No, really. I don't know why, but mine are different, and adjustable.

And I use them mainly to hold biscuit or chips packs in he long driving days during holidays. :cool:

As for the music, I know you should have the right to use a copyrighted music recording as long as it doesn't exceed something like 30 secs. At least, this is surely valid in Italy. If you want, you can check what the Bern Convention allows you to do (Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works).

So I bought this new camera holder with a suction cup and was testing it with my car yesterday. I will put the results here, it's kind of experimental but since there aren't any driving videos in this review yet (which is YouTube's fault because they killed off the sound on those I made earlier because of background music), here is some driving around in a Golf IV:

Fat bloke driving a Golf:

[video=youtube;oX5SFTEq-bc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX5SFTEq-bc[/video]

- The handles above the doors didn't just snap back by a spring, when you let them go, no... they slowly glided back due to some dampening fluid. Also a very expensive development but Ferdinand Piech has always been all about details.

I love that so damn hard, I'll probably rob someone if I don't have enough cash for a car with this option. My mate has a Comfortline 1.9 TDI, went for a trip with him and found myself playing with those magical things for half of the journey :lol:

The standard VW speakers sound quite well with the JVC radio/CD-player I put in. Could use a bit more bass, though.

I'd confirm that, the same song will have much more depth in my car than for example in his Golf. Not to say that it's not good, it lacks a bit to the aftermarket jobs.