OH COCK

aww cmon Kat, 25$ isnt all that bad. it's beyond me how someone could not be wearing their seatbelt though, I just can't imagine myself driving around without a seatbelt, it feels wrong

on the topic of speeding tickets, I do have a few, but the ones I had were very minor...I always got lucky too
like going 105kph in in 80 kph zone, but they substract 6 kph, which ends up as 99kph, which is a small offence, while 100 kph is a large (and thrice as expensive) one.

truth be told, I usually speed on the highway, 140 kph is much better than 120. Then again, the chances of being caught in .be are catastrophically low, given the fact that I almost always speed when traffic/weather allows it, and have gotten 3 minor speeding tickets in 10 years

also ,Germany is the best country evah. 220+ kph FTMFW!

I know what that car is capable of and I know how to get it to stop.

Just out of curiosity - how do you know these things? Because unless you have driven your beetle at and beyond the limit then no, you don't know what the car is capable of.

All I've got to say that issuing tickets for not wearing a seatbelt is one of the most idiotic and nannying laws out there. Stop protecting me from myself it's my choice! I hate all laws that protect me from myself.

*That said, I DO wear a seatbelt because it's smart, not because I'm afraid of a ticket.

All I've got to say that issuing tickets for not wearing a seatbelt is one of the most idiotic and nannying laws out there. Stop protecting me from myself it's my choice! I hate all laws that protect me from myself.

*That said, I DO wear a seatbelt because it's smart, not because I'm afraid of a ticket.

It's a cost thing, it's cheaper to police it than it is to pay for someone medical treatment for the rest of their life.

I'll never understand it, I guess everything should be answered with a sound business decision.

you gotta understand, you live in America, the nation where anybody can sue somebody else for enormous sums of money, as soon as something goes wrong (even if it's their own fault), so the government/police have to cover their ass.

you gotta understand, you live in America, the nation where anybody can sue somebody else for enormous sums of money, as soon as something goes wrong (even if it's their own fault), so the government/police have to cover their ass.

Oh I understand their reasoning, it's just not mine.

Although I really don't see how someone could successfully sue for being injured in their car when not wearing a seatbelt. That would take one hell of a lawyer. Yea there are plenty of frivilous lawsuits here, but not everyone wins them. But, the decision will boil down to money somewhere.

Just out of curiosity - how do you know these things? Because unless you have driven your beetle at and beyond the limit then no, you don't know what the car is capable of.

Yes, I know how fast I can go in certain conditions before I lose control. I also know what speed I lose control in any condition.

Also all you asses saying boobs got me out of this
Photo3.jpg

I was dressed in this sweatshirt.
You can't even tell I have boobs

P1000314.jpg

here is proof that I was going with traffic. Taken today on way back from school. See that thing that is way infront of me going faster? That's the fucking shuttle bus. Check the speedo, I was doing 40. I think a bus handles worse than my bug and takes ALOT longer to stop :p
Picture sucks because, I was doing 40, hence not having time to check what I photographed. My camera is apparently awesome if it could taje that picture D:

Didn't you just get pulled over for going that speed in that area?

Someone needs to Photoshop this so the view through the windshield is the classic "Last View An Idiot Blonde Girl Has Of Mulholland Drive As She Goes Off Turn Three And The 500 Foot Drop". :mrgreen:

Someone needs to Photoshop this so the view through the windshield is the classic "Last View An Idiot Blonde Girl Has Of Mulholland Drive As She Goes Off Turn Three And The 500 Foot Drop". :mrgreen:

I am not blonde :mad:

Didn't you just get pulled over for going that speed in that area?

yeah but if the guy in front of me is going faster. They'd get pulled over before me.

Life is unfair for men

Do you even know women? They have to deal with periods, pregnancy, childbirth, not getting paid the same as men or treated with the same level of workplace respect, always underestimated. Worry about getting married, and if they dont, getting fat and unattractive in their later years while men can still get with younger women til they get as old as Larry King?

No thanks, i'd much rather live a man's life than be female w a pair of breasts :p Life is a hell of a lot more unfair to women and i don't envy them at all.

I am not blonde :mad:

Doesn't matter.

As I posted elsewhere, one of the apparent favorite pastimes of young girls who drive VWs in LA is to take their "German sports car" up to Mulholland Drive and see how well it handles. Which isn't well, and combined with their lack of driving skills results in them going off one of the cliffs around the second or third turn and discovering the nice long drop to the bottom.

The city of LA usually doesn't even bother recovering the wreckage on anything more than a monthly or even biannual basis.

The funny part is that these girls are usually Caucasian females from fairly well off families and almost invariably are blondes with frosted highlights - whether natural or from a bottle. On top of which, the VW in question is either a Beetle, a Cabrio, or I suppose now an EOS that Daddy bought his little princess for her 16th birthday...

Last edited:
Doesn't matter.
As I posted elsewhere, one of the apparent favorite pastimes of young girls who drive VWs in LA is to take their "German sports car" up to Mulholland Drive and see how well it handles. Which isn't well, and combined with their lack of driving skills results in them going off one of the cliffs around the second or third turn and discovering the nice long drop to the bottom.

I cruise up and down Mulholland a lot on my days off and i never see this 'blondes in Beetles' stereotype that you refer to. Is this some old phenomenon that's no longer in fashion (you know how quickly fads come and go in LA)?

It may have changed since I was last there, but it was pretty common (one or two a month) when I last was checking the LA Times news site on it - that was, oh, 2006?

It was a lot more common in the 1980s (several a week at one point) and started to thin out in the 90s. Perhaps Darwinistic pressure has reduced the number of truly stupid little girls in the area. :D

I drive paranoid, I know what that car is capable of and I know how to get it to stop. I live in a state where you have to assume people will run stop signs, lights and cut you off out of nowhere without a blinker on. I also live in a neighborhood where the kids run out into the street randomly.

Welcome to Nashville, Tennessee!