Random Thoughts....

Just oil. Finalgear is American, so it has chain driven cams which generally don't require maintenance. :p

Dunno, doesn't it still have a serpentine belt to drive accessories like the ban-generator, the NSFW pump and the picture/URL compressor? :p

There's a lot of European in it though nowadays, so I'd also suggest a full gearbox service. ;)

Crap. I hope it's not a Mercedes or ZF gearbox, because it'll explode at 100K posts.

Last edited:
No, some of us pesky Europeaenians have secretly ripped it out and replaced it with something rather more electronic.

Oops... shouldn't have said that. :lol:

Oh, great, you put a BMW SMG in the thing. It'll explode any minute now! :p

^
Comedy is just not comedy these days. :(

I never really got into The Simpsons at all. Mostly because my parents didn't like it.

Well you're a bit too young, The Simpsons really hit its stride in the mid-90s, it was already starting to be hit or miss by the early 2000s.

Then again, I never even started watching Seinfeld until after it had wrapped up and I'm a big fan, so I guess maybe age has nothing to do with it.

Since the Photoshop forum is the only one to not have a 'Random Thoughts' thread, I'll dump this here and scarper. A vector that I started in October 2009 and didn't bother to finish, I feel like I've offended my Land Rover by not doing any more on it, so here it is after a few more hours work:

For anyone who cares, yes I'm still doing it with paths and layers in PS. This is now my own way of doing it instead of using Illustrator like everyone else.

Also I now have a phrase in my signature that a friend told me sums up me and the old shed perfectly, it'll stick with me forever. :)

Photoshop is fine Matt, i never used Illustrator but i think my work comes out okay, if you need any help just ask, and it's looking good! :)

x
x
x
x
x

<------ new

comments anyone?

I keep thinking MLK Day should have a parade.

Where everybody piles onto Avenue of the Americas and drinks lots of Budweiser and watches the jugglers and girls in bikinis, and Justin Bieber performs in a shining media example of bad judgement. It can't be any more tawdry than your annual MLK Day Toyotathon, that's for sure.

Last edited:
I caught a new episodes of The Simpsons tonight for the first time in a couple of years... I knew this show was way, way past its heyday but man, it actually made me sad they are still making this show.

It seems like they got desperate and/or ran out of ideas and started to stoop to the level of and borrow ideas from post-resurrection Family Guy... unnecessary fight sequences, cheap jokes that make no sense on any level, and disconnected storyline that feel recycled - basically, all the smart comedy is gone now. Just overall unfunny and reeking of desperately trying to attract the Family Guy audience... which makes no sense, because The Simpsons never had the same type of humour as Family Guy, even when Family Guy was a decently funny show.

It's been terrible for the last ten years. I've got gbs to spare before my cap rolls over, might pick up Season 3 which I've been meaning to do for months but never got around to it.

^
Comedy is just not comedy these days. :(

I never really got into The Simpsons at all. Mostly because my parents didn't like it.

Funny, that's the exact same reason why I did get into The Simspons :p

Last edited:
Totally agree with you guys. Simpsons hasn't been funny in a very long time.

Sadly it is the way of things that when there is money to be made, especially when it includes merchandising, the horse will be flogged long after it is certified dead. South Park was the same.

Much better to realise something has had its time and to stop doing it while it is still good. For instance, Fawlty Towers? Only twelve episodes were ever made.

Totally agree with you guys. Simpsons hasn't been funny in a very long time.

South Park was the same.

I quite like South Park, but I've only ever seen Seasons 10-14, so I think it's pretty good. It's probably a fucking travesty compared to the older seasons however, but I'm yet to find that out though I am gradually working my way back through the seasons. Kinda like how a person who might've only just started watching The Simpsons might find it pretty good, but it's complete rubbish and makes a mockery of seasons past! :p

I think that the first 50 years of the Sky at Night had better watch out it does not go the same way.

"
Many of the world's leading astronomers have appeared on the show through the years, including Harlow Shapley (the first to measure the size of the Milky Way galaxy), Fred Hoyle, Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Harold Spencer Jones, Martin Ryle, Bart Bok and Carl Sagan.[4] Other guests have included Astronomer Royal Sir Martin Rees, Allan Chapman, Sir Bernard Lovell, Michael Bentine, Wernher von Braun, Open University professors John Zarnecki, Monica Grady, Edwin Maher and Colin Pillinger.
Many well-known astronauts have also featured on the programme, such as Piers Sellers, Eugene Cernan, Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong.
In July 2004, Moore was unable to make the broadcast due to a severe bout of Salmonellosis.[5] He was replaced for this one occasion by the cosmologist Chris Lintott of Oxford University, but returned for the August programme. This is the only occasion in over 53 years that Moore has not hosted the programme.
Dr. Brian May (of Queen fame), a Ph.D. in astrophysics, is a guest on the show from time to time.[6]
On 1 April 2007, Sir Patrick presented the 50th Anniversary edition of the show, a special "time travel" edition which included the appearance of Jon Culshaw as Moore's younger self."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sky_at_Night

Everyone who knows anything knows The Simpsons was only good for the first 9 or 10 seasons and then the good writers started leaving and it got crap and political and cheap, and that's why the movie was a bit more than a blip compared to the seasons before and after it because the original writers came back for the movie

Everyone who knows anything knows The Simpsons was only good for the first 9 or 10 seasons and then the good writers started leaving and it got crap and political and cheap, and that's why the movie was a bit more than a blip compared to the seasons before and after it because the original writers came back for the movie

actually i wasn't really impressed with the movie, it felt more like a extended feature length episode than anything else. i would have preferred something a bit more bigger scale and the use of a lot more of the springfield residents.

Personally movie versions of half hour shows, animated or otherwise, never seem to work for me. South Park, The Simpsons and the Beavis & Butthead movies were all pretty poor IMHO, and the same goes for the feature adaptations of things like Rising Damp and Porridge. In fact the only TV adaptations of any sort that I can think of that worked were the Star Trek and Mission Impossible films.