Random Thoughts....

I guess this is as good of a thread as any to say I'm being sent out of the country for a deployment. I don't know how long I'll be gone for but happily it's going to be a bit warmer than it is here. Right now I'm all packed up and waiting on the phone to ring to load up and fly out. I'll be in a safe place and will hopefully be able to pop in here from time to time.

So until next time, sayonara! :wave:

I guess this is as good of a thread as any to say I'm being sent out of the country for a deployment. I don't know how long I'll be gone for but happily it's going to be a bit warmer than it is here. Right now I'm all packed up and waiting on the phone to ring to load up and fly out. I'll be in a safe place and will hopefully be able to pop in here from time to time.

Good luck! :D

Godspeed Kajun.

Stay safe!

GLHFDD. :heart:

Have fun, keep safe KaJuN!

The bush is great, the reception is crap :glare:

What kind of figure skaters bring ironing irons to the rink?

googleice.gif

So yeah another day at work.

Paffenst?ck. Coco can't sleep.

BOred to death at work. Not a lot of things to do, 2 co-workers are already annoying the fuck out of me again. I want to go home but I like the money.

Have fun KaJun!

In other news - can I come with you...? I can see my breath on the inside of this bus :|

BOred to death at work. Not a lot of things to do, 2 co-workers are already annoying the fuck out of me again. I want to go home but I like the money.

I'm reading the 1856 regulatory framework for railway traffic on the K?ping-Hult line, the first safety regulations for non-horse driven equipment in our Kingdom. It's written in both Swedish and English side by side, as the British, being the inventors of the railway, were the pioneers of the field and qualified personel to operate the trains had to be imported from GB.

It's interesting in that I am able to read the regulations in English parts with ease while the Swedish translations are written in a nearly foreign language. English basically haven't changed at all.

Swedish bureaucrat from 1850 said:
27. Hwarje waktare skall genast till Stationsm?staren inrapportera, om n?gon olydnad ?gt rum emot de af honom gifna signaler, p? det att unders?kning om f?rh?llandet m? ske och den felaktige n?psas.

English bureaucrat from 1850 said:
27. It is the duty of each signalman to report to the Superintendent of his Station any instance of disobedience to the signals given by him, in order that the case may be investigated, and the person so disobeying signals may be punished.

Another difference is that the Swedish is written in gothic fraktur style while English is written in a modern typeface.
fonter1.gif

Last edited:

Happy trails! Will you be back in time to come to Ringmeet and even join in the Roadtrip?

damn your coastal location :p

As someone from a nation currently covered in snow, and with a job that takes him outside a lot, I can honestly say, you should both stfu :p

:lmao:

so, t-shirt and shorts, with all the doors/windows open, enjoying a cool breeze would be rubbing it in?

Perhaps I'll have an ice cream :p