Random Thoughts....

Pretty much the point for going into one ... as it is for basically going into any specialized store.

But yeah, music stores have pretty much had it. I?m amazed there still are some ...

That used to be why you went to a GOOD music store.....obviously this will be no use if you find yourself in megaultraamazingikbentochnietgek! store number 1647 while beeing served by a 17 year old that cannot be bothered to put down her phone and does not know anything that is not BritGagpop....

You know, sometimes, sometimes I wish that I could pass for a secret shopper, I would scare the crap out of these idiots.....

:dunno: I've never done this. I mainly asked around mates and/or family and listened around before even going to the music store.
Then again I don't think I've purchased a physical album in 15 years, and with spotify everywhere now, can't see why one would go there anyways

Puffalumps are the best.

Are the best what? Fire starters? Skeet? :tease:

Talking about Hitler: The other day I heard a vegeterian say that she does it to become a better person and I simply replied that it didn't work out for Hitler as well... Strange, she didn't speak to me since then again :dunno:

That's a logical fallacy. I wouldn't have spoken with you after that either.

Well, I suppose you wouldn't have been on such a morally high horse in the first place, so a debate about the ifs and whens would be pointless anyway ;)

Seriously, though: That vegetarian or vegan scene seems to become more and more annoying. She was not the first person who hinted on me being a worse human being for eating meat or - as I like to say - eating normally. Discussion are rather pointless, though: Ever tried to discuss with religious fundamenalists? Feels the same.

Last edited:
To be honest, there are very good arguments for not eating meat (or even animal products) being the morally right choice. Which I tend to ignore. Thus, I don't think that the rise of vegetarianism is a bad thing per se. As with everything from free software to religion or rear wheel drive, it's the people trying to convert you that are the problem.

My main problem with the Hitler move is that most vegetarians have heard it or a variation thereof a gazillion times (my girlfriend's a vegetarian, so I witness this conversation now or then) so half the people you'd throw the line will be bored and the other half annoyed. Which might be what you attended, but will not lead to a fruitful discussion :D

Last edited:
Well, people must be aware that they might get a rough response from me after being clever by half and pointing out their self-proclaimed moral superiority. I can get quite harsh then...

Don't get me wrong, though: I'm all ready to discuss nutrition in a serious and constructive way. I know there are good reasons to eat less meat. But I despise people who think they become automatically superior just because they stopped eating food from animals.

Saw a funny documentary the other way, when a producer of tofu products (who hadn't eaten meat for 30 years himself) wanted to convince a journalist that his tofu currywurst tasted the same as one made from meat. The producer stumbled for the first time when the journalist pointed out that someone who hasn't eaten meat for 30 years, cannot tell if a product to copy meat tasted the same as the original. And when asked why he produces tofu food in the shapes of sausages, burgers or chicken nuggets, if it was meant to be an alternative for meat, he had not other reply than "it's a convenient shape for eating". :rolleyes:

The truth is that there is a lot of propaganda, populism, lies and lobbyism going on in the food scene - on either side. In my opinion the way people try to convert people to their side, is as bad with vegetarians or vegans as with meat-eaters. They all fake data, all lie, all exaggerate and all try to manipulate. The essentially well-intended goal of vegetarianism has been spoiled by now, because it has become a major economical factor in the food industry and whenever profit is the goal, good intentions and the truth start to erode.

Last edited:
Tofu-based burger patties are a very reasonable shape. Imagine you run a burger place, you can use the same buns for both types of customers - they fit into the process very well. Same with sausages, your hot-dog stand would only need to duplicate the grill. Everything else is just higher volume of the same products... assuming the non-sausage/-patty parts are vegetarian.

Well, I suppose you wouldn't have been on such a morally high horse in the first place, so a debate about the ifs and whens would be pointless anyway ;)

Seriously, though: That vegetarian or vegan scene seems to become more and more annoying. She was not the first person who hinted on me being a worse human being for eating meat or - as I like to say - eating normally. Discussion are rather pointless, though: Ever tried to discuss with religious fundamenalists? Feels the same.

You have a point. Most vegetarians I encounter are very much in the "live and let live" camp, but the radical, "meat is murder" bunch get right on my tits. Especially the ones who smoke and are members of PETA which makes them massive hypocrites.

:dunno: I've never done this. I mainly asked around mates and/or family and listened around before even going to the music store.[...]

Mates usally recommend music they like to make your taste in music a copy of theirs. In my experience at least. Some stranger with a solid knowledge of records will do better.

I loved going into a record store going "I like this and that, can you recommend me something to go with that?". And if you?ve got someone who knows their records, they will really be able to recommend you something that a) you did not know and b) that fits. I sort of miss it and these sort of online "music matching services" like apples whatsitcalled - they don?t work at all. At least for me. But then I guess my taste in music is also strange.

Well, people must be aware that they might get a rough response from me after being clever by half and pointing out their self-proclaimed moral superiority. I can get quite harsh then...
Well, if your intent was to piss them off, then the Hitler move of course was exactly right.

[...] pointing out their self-proclaimed moral superiority.

Just to point this out, I AM MORALLY AND IN ANY OTHER WAY SUPERIOR TO ANY OF YOU PEOPLE. Apart from Icebone who is a god among mere mortals. BUT THE REST OF YOU IS GARBAGE COMPARED TO ME!

:banana:

My point being, that should not get to you. Don?t know if it is my gigantic ass ego, but if someone in a conversation is trying to belittle me in any way or form - I don?t even respond to it. I laugh a bit inside and carry on. The worst thing you can do is get angry and insult them, that just validates them and their (perceived) superiority.

Random Thoughts....

Well, if your intent was to piss them off, then the Hitler move of course was exactly right.

Seriously? I have never been friends with her anyway, so I couldn't care less about what she thinks or feels.

She pissed me off repeatedly before by constantly criticizing my lifestyle, for instance that sugar is bad but Coke Zero even worse or that I eat too much salt and tomatoes that make you fart. The highlight was when she left the company and brought a vegan cake. Out of politeness I tried it despite it looking horrible. It tasted like shit to be honest.

I heard she now started a new life by becoming a natural healer. So to sum it up: Yes, my intention was pissing her off so much I didn't need to talk to her anymore... And it worked! :)

Last edited:
Seriously? I have never been friends with her anyway, so I couldn't care less about what she thinks or feels.
Was not criticising you in any way, just making an observation :D

The best kind of detox involves people. I swear they cause more mental and physical harm than all of the substances we choose to consume combined.