Random Thoughts....

I'll give it a shot, but I have not read the books this year.

Douglas Adams

You scored 92 % Knowledge!

You always know where your towel is, you have clearly re-read Hitch Hiker a hundred times and seen it in all its incarnations - you are a true lover of all things Adams and I salute you! Very well done, you are the hoopiest frood of all, the great man himself.

Please rate my test as it is entered in the 'Geekery' contest, if I get bad ratings I will try to improve the test, feel free to message me with any feedback. Thanks

--

Not as high as you, but then again, I didn't realize I needed to know Douglas' life story either.

Last edited:
Not as high as you, but then again, I didn't realize I needed to know Douglas' life story either.

All I knew about his life I read from The Salmon of Doubt, required reading for 11th grade. I haven't read the H2G2 books in 3 years either.

Not bad though, and goes to show that once a fan, always a fan. :cool:

I read Salmon of Doubt once, hell, I own a copy. You're serious? It was required reading? My faith in the school system has been restored.

I read Salmon of Doubt once, hell, I own a copy. You're serious? It was required reading? My faith in the school system has been restored.

I went to an accelerated learning school (i.e.: nerd school), so that sort of thing wasn't uncommon. 11th grade was that, picked from a list, and Fermat's Enigma, while 12th grade was Prime Obsession: Bernhard Riemann and the Greatest Unsolved Problem in Mathematics. I couldn't tell you a thing about the latter.

Well, it was either that or another shitty Tom Clancy novel, and after I set my copy of The Bear and the Dragon on fire after only the first 40 pages I wasn't going to sit through his dry, jingoistic nonsense (and the most awkward sex scenes ever put to paper).

My crazy-awesome math teacher who wears black socks/sandals year-round, looks like Mr. Clean, and is freakishly jacked for his age, forced us to endure a musical based on Fermat's theorem, and I still hate him for it. Actually that's a lie, I love the guy to death (even if he did give me a D in 11th grade calculus <_<).

whoa, i'm cnurd... why am i home already? oh yeah, itm tired... good night doodes.

Your result for The How Well Do You Know Douglas Adams, and Hitch Hiker's Guide Test... Ford PrefectYou scored 78 % Knowledge!
5218157028413092505.jpeg
The How Well Do You Know Douglas Adams, and Hitch Hiker's Guide Test at HelloQuizzy
You're a hoopy frood from a far out planet, you know Betelgeuse Seven from Magrathea, but may slip up on more difficult questions. Perhaps you only know one version of the Hitch Hiker's Guide, or slipped up on Douglas Adams knowledge... nevermind, you are clearly a true fan with some serious knowledge and that's what counts.

You guys defeated me! :lol:

One of the local radio stations here requires you to sign up before they link you to their online stream (thank you GuerrillaMail), and one piece of *required* info for signing up is your sexual orientation*. Prying, but also slightly awesome. :lol:

one of the options is "It is none of your business what blows my skirt up", so you don't actually have to tell them

Strangely enough I think I have your answer! A few years ago I got to take a tour of the NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland and without a doubt the coolest thing there was this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Gravity_Research_Facility_(B-2) You're thinking "Well what does this have to do with my packing peanuts?" but fear not! Even though NASA spends billions of dollars each year in research and various projects, their solution to catching the experiments seems a bit, well, low tech. The giant tub at the bottom is filled with little styrofoam pellets that slow down the capsule without damaging the instruments inside. When working around the mouth of the tube workers have to be clipped into a safety cable because if they fell into the pool of styrofoam they would suffocate before they could be rescued.

Here's a photo to give you a sense of scale (the red thing next to the man is where the styrofoam is contained):

Thank you, sir. Strange things I think about.

Your result for The How Well Do You Know Douglas Adams, and Hitch Hiker's Guide Test... Douglas AdamsYou scored 97 % Knowledge!
8492709623211370167.jpeg
The How Well Do You Know Douglas Adams, and Hitch Hiker's Guide Test at HelloQuizzy

You always know where your towel is, you have clearly re-read Hitch Hiker a hundred times and seen it in all its incarnations - you are a true lover of all things Adams and I salute you! Very well done, you are the hoopiest frood of all, the great man himself.

and i haven't even read anything other than the 5 books in their various reincarnations. I wonder where he talked about that Hubble thing..

Today my Dad was browsing at a Hugo Boss store, I was bored and I a started reading a copy of GQ which was on a little table next to me and guess what happened....

GQ has become my new guilty pleasure.

Cnurd?

I'm guessing you're also a little sloshed. :D

whoops, I meant to write knurd. why am I already awake? gotta go get some fatty food and orange juice.

Your result for The How Well Do You Know Douglas Adams, and Hitch Hiker's Guide Test ...
Trillian

1262199852213518060.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

You scored 42 % Knowledge!

---

I haven't read the books, only heard half the original radio show, we have the BBC TV series on video - but I haven't watched them in ages, and I've seen the modern film. And I don't know jack shit about Douglas himself :lol: Brilliant series though.

I got 42% aswell.. I've read the guide once..

YES!!! New low score!! :banana:

You scored 36 % Knowledge!

Trillian is pretty wise on Life, the Universe and Everything, but not yet a true expert. Though you are an Earth-dweller at heart you have the drive and determination to travel out of ZZ9 plral Z alpha and into more exciting quadrants of the universe.

And I have no idea what they're on about...

[whinge mode]

seriously why do the evening news teams bother interviewing politicians?

the slimey motherfuckers just sit there and blatantly, barefacedly not answer the questions theyre being asked and instead spout some buzzword filled horseshit over and over like a broken record.

its absolutely no use to anyone at all, its a complete waste of everyones time and effort giving these clusterfucks some air time.

and while im here, gordon brown is a fucking twat. just look at him, he looks like the single must untrust worthy man you will ever meet. i look at him and i imediately see.... lying money grabbing **** sack.

[/whinge mode]

[whinge mode]

seriously why do the evening news teams bother interviewing politicians?

the slimey motherfuckers just sit there and blatantly, barefacedly not answer the questions theyre being asked and instead spout some buzzword filled horseshit over and over like a broken record.

its absolutely no use to anyone at all, its a complete waste of everyones time and effort giving this clusterfucks some air time.

and while im here, gordon brown is a fucking twat. just look at him, he looks like the single must untrust worthy man you will ever meet. i look at him and i imediately see.... lying money grabbing **** sack.

[continuing whinge mode]

Politicians are as pathetic as that pretty much all over the world.

Am I the only want who thinks that a score of 42% in the Hitchhiker's Guide test is way cooler that a high score? :mrgreen: