Ownership Verified: Rider on The Strom

Rossco

Car(s)
05 Saab 9-5, '99 Yamaha XVS650A, '07 Suzuki DL650
Well, after selling the Bandit, I decided to buy a bike I've wanted to have since I got into riding six years ago. A Suzuki V-Strom. These bikes have finally come down in value enough that I don't have to sell one of my kidneys to afford one so I jumped on the first well-priced bike I could find.

That happened to be this 2007 650 model with 17k miles on it. Full service history, factory optional handguards, topcase, and a Madstand adjustable windshield bracket.

Previous owner also sold me a Jesse aluminum pannier setup....for half the price of a new one. Put these bad boys on and lemme tell ya, they freakin' rock! :mouse:

Owners of these bikes are known for handing over their paychecks to (insert preferred aftermarket motorcycle accessory retailer here) on modifications. I am no different. Here's whats on the agenda:

-Centerstand
-Crashbars
-CalSci touring windscreen
-Better seat (dl1000 swap maybe)

And I'm pretty sure I'll find some other stuff to spend money on as time goes on. In the meantime, here's proof that I own this.

Last edited:

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso, GL1000
Nice :thumbsup:

Looks like it's in great shape, and 17k on a strom is barely broken in.

So jelly of the Jesse cases.

So, when are you going to ride that beast out west? :cool:

Rossco

Car(s)
05 Saab 9-5, '99 Yamaha XVS650A, '07 Suzuki DL650
So, when are you going to ride that beast out west? :cool:
Might have to do a trip next summer....

I did some more work on the bike last night. Mounted a new front tire, a centerstand, some givi crashbars, and a CalSci windscreen.

It's almost to where I want it to be.

Took it up for a ride today to get some barbeque. Bike did great!

I am not feeling the stock seat though, too low. Might be good for a shorter rider, but not for me. I'll probably try and swap a DL1000 seat.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
is that additional storage inside the crash structure, or just soft padding to further protect the plastics?
(just in front of you knee)