Stupid Driver Stories

2 - What's up with the front wheelarch on the Golf behind the Twingo? It looks all out of shape.

No, he just turned the front wheels a little to the left.

http://img101.imageshack.**/img101/1654/parcheggiocomplesso.jpg

Now, THIS is real parking.

I took this photo myself two years ago in Paris, and I still don't know how the Peugeot got there.

Easy

Option 1 (highly possible) : he parked there first, the other 2 cars parked VERY close to him

Option 2(less possible) : it took the Peugeot driver half an hour, and 184 times of forward/backward to get in there

Option 3 (least possible) : driver put the front of the car in the slot, got out, got a few mates to help, and lifted the rear end and put it where it is.

(I know for a fact that 3 is physically possible because I ve seen it done)

^ Easy. He didn't came last... :p

No, it's highly probable it didn't. The Peugeot and the Clio behind it were the last two cars of a line, and there wasn't enough space behind the Clio for another car, the green Clio itself seemed to be parked were it shouldn't be.

So, probably the Peugeot arrived and parked, then the Clio parked and blocked the Peugeot. This, however, doesn't explain at all the tiny space left from the car in front.

Option 4 [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLccCsTGNP4[/YOUTUBE]

You know... that reminds me of a clip I have on an old backup CD. A Mentos freshmaker parody. Only it's definitely NSFW :lol:

^i know exactly which one you mean...
it's to make something other than your breath fresh, right? :lol:

^i know exactly which one you mean...
it's to make something other than your breath fresh, right? :lol:

Yup, something completely different :lol:

Hello, Internet from the '90s. :mrgreen:

Yup, I've been online since 1996 and that backup CD is from 1999 :D I uploaded that video to my Flickr account, btw. I'm sure that interested people will find out where it is ;)

Last edited:
N00b. We had Prodigy in 1993.

I didn't have a PC before 1996. All my friends had Commdores (VC20, C64, Amiga) and I knew my way with Windows 3.11 and MS DOS but I really wasn't interested in that stuff. Back then I was an audiophile and didn't give a damn about computers.

I need to go figure out how to do that I am a terrible parker.

Note that it is wet in that video, with leaves on the ground. Don't try it in the dry with your Beetle ;)

Last edited:
LOL I'm not saying you missed anything during those years, but if you never experienced tabbing around the world (mice were rare and expensive) at 14.4k/s, well you didn't miss much.

LOL I'm not saying you missed anything during those years, but if you never experienced tabbing around the world (mice were rare and expensive) at 14.4k/s, well you didn't miss much.

Well, I started out with 28.8 K, that comes close :)

I can imagine it can be hard to figure out where the corners of the Beetle are.

Kat, if you do it, please let a friend make a video. Maybe we can add it to the collection here :mrgreen:

Note that it is wet in that video, with leaves on the ground. Don't try it in the dry with your Beetle ;)
Which is what the weather is right now, judging by how quick I stopped yesterday when that lady walked out in front of my car my tires may be too good for it though.

I can imagine it can be hard to figure out where the corners of the Beetle are.

What corners? :lol:
I also cannot see the ends of the car so I always park about 2 feet further away from what I am aiming for, if I try to get closer than that I have to guess and bump into things.

Kat, if you do it, please let a friend make a video. Maybe we can add it to the collection here :mrgreen:

I should probably learn the handbreak turn into the space trick too while I'm at it :lol:
I have better aim when going faster.

My achilles heel when parallel parking is that I end up too far from the kerb, so not to scratch the alloys.

I either am too far or I hit it. My wheels are scuffed to hell :(