Test Drive Unlimited

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I only got to champion ship level last week.I'm trying to do that 180mph $70,000 reward every so often to get money but I don't want to spend hours doing that over and over.
Yeah, me either. I only have a few million. I'd rather cruise than farm money.

Interrobang

Forum Addict
Yeah, me either. I only have a few million. I'd rather cruise than farm money.
... the old "sell any Car for 9,99 Million $"-Trick* does still work, does it? I?m a bit low on funds atm ...

* put any vehicle up for sale and after a week (or so) the system will buy them, no matter what price you put in there 9,9 Million being the maximum. Not a very quick way to get money ... but you don?t have to waste time on single-player missions just to cash in :)

Viper007Bond

STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
... the old "sell any Car for 9,99 Million $"-Trick* does still work, does it? I?m a bit low on funds atm ...

* put any vehicle up for sale and after a week (or so) the system will buy them, no matter what price you put in there 9,9 Million being the maximum. Not a very quick way to get money ... but you don?t have to waste time on single-player missions just to cash in :)
Haha, that's great!

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo

I've had a car on sale for a while because my funds are $0. :lol:

I've got enough cars to keep me happy, but not all of them are tuned...

awdrifter

Anyone know if this trick is for real?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6XCiYFhfok[/youtube]

The instructions posted by the video poster.

Test Drive Unlimited - Secret Car Wash

INSTRUCTIONS:

(REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR FILES!!!)

Go to "\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\Spots"

Copy this two files...

ecw_a.bnk
ere_a.bnk

...into two different folders (in example on your desktop).

Then change names:

"ecw_a.bnk" to "ere_a.bnk"
"ere_a.bnk" to "ecw_a.bnk"

And copy changed files into the original location (\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\Spots) overwriting original files.

Then do exactly as showed on video. If you wanna drive to that place showed on video - the game will crash. So go there directly from your map.

For more info, go to ataricommunity forum, and search topic named: "Eden's Secret Girls"

Greetings to the Detress - he's the one who discovered this nice secret :)

Sorry for my bad english.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Created with Ulead VideoStudio 10

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MUSIC: DJ Tatana - Soul Cry (Mystery Remix)

Viper007Bond

STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
If faked, that was a pretty damn good job.

Why not try it and see if it works?

Interrobang

Forum Addict
If anyone?s interested, I?ve put up a challange (Diner race - whatever you call that) ... it?s called "16 corners and a funeral" (just sort the list by name), and I?m quite fond of it, i think the track is good fun. :)

The lucky winner will take away at least 180000$ in TDU Money, and the pot is growing. Challange will be up for 3 Days now ... and I?ve put up a beatable 2.05 min so far. ;)

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
Is anyone still playing the game?
If someone is interested we should organize a FinalGear cruise.

It's sad but there are fewer and fewer players online :(
I just hope it doesn't follow the faith of Motor City, which servers were shut down :(

caro

Car(s)
2 girls, 1 cup, 2 bikes, 1 car...
I`m going to buy this game this week, i know it is old, the question is - is it better to buy just the basic game or game with megapack ??

SpitfireMK461

Car(s)
2013 Mini Cooper S
I reinstalled but I've been unable to get online with it, even with a reinstall and deleting the CDKey file, so I've just been doing offline stuff, unfortunately.

Any ideas?

LeMans GTR

It hasn't been a month yet so I'm still safe.

I just bought this game for a measily $20 and I've been playing it all day and I must say, the PC version has rendered my opinions before moot. It is just so much better than the PS2 version. One thing bugs me though, I have around 150000 dollars to buy a new car but instead of going for the Ferrari I have to go buy a lower class car to compete in those races before I can buy the Ferrari and actually use it.

By the way, can someone send me an invite to the FinalGear Club? My TDU nickname is veloceGT

Last edited:

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
The clubs in TDU don't really work.
And I like the fact that you have to buy slower cars first. It would be a little boring if you completed the whole game with a Ferrari.
(Not that I didn't play most of the races with my Countach...)

LeMans GTR

Bump.

Is anyone still playing? I was racing with some people this afternoon, it was like FinalGear only not because I was a nobody. I also sensed some hostility so I left. Anyone wanna join me in TDU some day?

Shentar

Car(s)
06 Porsche Cayman S, 90 Miata
I'd be willing. I loved cruising around. Especially the "oh lets go over there and see what they are driving".. then trying to keep up.

For money, I just did that Island Cruise race.. the one you have like an hour to drive around the island for $1million. In something like a MacLaren F1, or Enzo, or Koenigsegg, its not too hard... although I prefer the F1. Its just fun. I think I did that enough times to buy the 62 Ferrari GTO just to have one :)

LeMans GTR

I was on TDU-Central today. They've gone bust and have relocated to a smaller forum while they see what they can do to gather funds.