The 2010 South Africa world cup thread!

Yeah, fake Dutch supporters hired by a brewery.

The last few minutes of that first half were very interesting, it was nice to see some attacking football being played. Really did think I'd see two of those chances converted but some good defending from the Aussies stopped them short. If the two teams continue in the same vein I do see Ghana taking the lead purely because of the amount of chances they're creating.

Well it looked pretty deliberate to me. That's it for us I think, Ghana are beginning to get the ball forward with a lot more confidence now.

Well, thats the rule.

"A deliberate handling offense to deny an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by any player other than a goalkeeper in his own penalty area."

If it was deliberate is another story, of course.

This. If the referee awards the penalty he is required to show a red card.

No referee doesn't have to show any cards to give out a penalty

Yes he does. Harry Kewell denied an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by foul means (hand ball on the goal line). Under the "professional foul" section of Law 12 of the Laws of the Game, that is an automatic red card. The only way that Kewell wasn't getting a red card is if the referee didn't award the penalty at all.

Yes he does. Harry Kewell denied an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by foul means (hand ball on the goal line). Under the "professional foul" section of Law 12 of the Laws of the Game, that is an automatic red card. The only way that Kewell wasn't getting a red card is if the referee didn't award the penalty at all.
Sorry my bad, I thought that you ment that in any situation you have to show the red card to give a penalty kick in the penalty box.

I still haven't forgiven the Italians for last World Cup, and now this... surely no one can deny that was an awful refereeing performance across the whole game as well as the individual incidents. Sure, Kewell could have avoided the ball hitting his arm - if he detached it before the match. There should have been 22 men playing a good game on that pitch, instead the one who wasn't playing ruined it. Australia has played more minutes this World Cup with 10 men than they have 11 and if you watch their matches or look at the incidents there is no reason for that to be the case. It's a tough task for Australia to get out of the group now and I am very, very angry.

This Cameroon/Denmark game is awesome so far. Emana is looking very dangerous.

+1 that was one crazy ass match GEEZ!
but god we suck in the defence

best game so far, shame about wrong team winning. cameroon play was great to watch, but man did they fuck up lots of scoring opportunities.