The "New Toys" Thread

I've already got my tickets for the "live" riff later this month.

There's also Cinematic Titanic which is pretty much the rest of the MST3K cast (Joel, "Pearl", "TVs Frank" etc) and they do the silouhette-style riffs of old movies, all-in-one, unlike Rifftrax's seperate mp3.

got a new drive finally... found it for 77? in the end, not 85 :mrgreen:

P8120658.jpg

I has lots of space now. And also, this

P8120654.jpg

Now what's so special about a wireless mouse?

P8120656.jpg

they make your hands enormous :p

Got this in the mail yesterday:

Panda-Z-The-Robonimation_2.jpg

Hats off to the Peruvian postal services for delivering a birthday present more than one month after the birthday :-D

My new toy (just arrived today):

3818512003_b6ed8d7894_b.jpg

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920, 2.66 GHz Performance Rated at 7.98 GHz
- 3.0 GB DDR3 RAM
- ATI Radeon 4870
- 1 TB HDD

"Performance rated at 7.98GHz"? What the shit is that?

http://img34.imageshack.**/img34/7550/002okx.jpg

37 inch Sony Wega flat screen that I picked up (and had a hell of a time lugging home) for a bargain. Beer bottle thrown in for size reference. It's entirely way too big and very obnoxious and I love it already. Also an Xbox360 with MotoGP 08 and The Club for starters. KaJuN is a happy person now.

I have the 27 inch version, how many mules did you have to use to get that beast in your house?

They're saying it's equivalent to a 7.98ghz single-core CPU. A flawed way to rate a processor, really.

Well, better than saying "It's really, really, totally fast" ;)

Medion is a brand mostly sold in big discount shops like aldi, so they need some "progressive" marketing terms to make the broad public understand that it packs some punch. Stuff isn't too bad in fact and often has an impressive price/performance ratio. Don't expect high quality materials or software though.

I've had PC's long enough to know that everything can break and nothing lasts forever - no matter how expensive and no matter which brand. Most people never get to realize that, though, because they replace items before they break, to keep up with PC developments :)

So for 955 Euros I think you can't do anything wrong with the machine I bought. As a matter of fact, it offers some nice upgrade options, including a coupon for an upgrade to Windows 7 ;)

Last edited:
^thats not really an upgrade :p

to be fair 955? is a good price for that kind of machine, but I'd rather spend 500 more and get an ultimate power machine instead

Frankly I cannot think of any kind of usage right now, which would require that.

Just got myself a small boombox:

sku_15477_2.jpg

FiiO S3. Its more for mum's birthday, but I'll muck around with it at home as well when I have a chance.

^thats not really an upgrade :p

to be fair 955? is a good price for that kind of machine, but I'd rather spend 500 more and get an ultimate power machine instead

only for it to devaluate 500 euro in half a year? His machine will devaluate that much in 1.5 year and it will still be a good computer then ;)

I just "tapped the keg" on a PC build.
4.5 stars on Amazon, 96% of Newegg customers gave it 4 or 5, and got it cheaper than Amazon, Newegg, Micro Center or Fry's.
1.jpg

The Centurion 590 is a great case. I had one which I sold to a buddy who now has it loaded up with 9 hard drives. It has been to 2 quakecons and traveled across several states and it is still rock solid.

http://img34.imageshack.**/img34/7550/002okx.jpg

37 inch Sony Wega flat screen that I picked up (and had a hell of a time lugging home) for a bargain. Beer bottle thrown in for size reference. It's entirely way too big and very obnoxious and I love it already. Also an Xbox360 with MotoGP 08 and The Club for starters. KaJuN is a happy person now.

Is it supposed to have that purple splotch in the bottom left hand corner? It's not too bad though, definitely playable :)