The "Not At Home" thread

Join the military.

Hey, it worked for me!

It worked for me too. I'm now living in England for two years after having just spent two years on the little island of Okinawa. I've always loved to travel, to see and experience things first hand and living in the countries is a great way to do that because you experience what the place is really like instead of just seeing all the tourist traps that grab everyone else. When I was thinking about joining the Air Force I thought "yeah it would be cool to end up overseas but it will never happen." I'm glad I was wrong on that one.

I suppose I should post in here, seeing as I helped spark this thread's creation. I'm not sure how far away from home I am, though, since I really don't know where "home" is. For the past seven years, I was living in Saudi Arabia, but for the nine years prior to that, I was living in the SF Bay Area, and the nine years prior to that I was also in Saudi Arabia. Being half Saudi and half American, and having split my "growing up" between the two countries, it's really hard to answer the question "So where are you from?"

On the other hand, I've never even been to Pennsylvania before, so I guess that, wherever home may be, I'm certainly not there at the moment! :p

On the other hand, I've never even been to Pennsylvania before, so I guess that, wherever home may be, I'm certainly not there at the moment! :p

Heh heh heh...you will experience miserable, soul crushing Northern winters with the rest of us. Oh sure, you will think the snow is pretty the first few times.

Then comes January. :devil:

When I was thinking about joining the Air Force I thought "yeah it would be cool to end up overseas but it will never happen." I'm glad I was wrong on that one.

Wouldn't it have been funny if your first posting was at Wright-Patterson?