What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Not managed to play it yet, although the soundtrack is already on my iPod ready to be listened to.
Played some Battlefield 3 last night and it ended up with me making my usual mistake of thinking "just one more round, i'll quit after that" next thing i know its 1 in the morning.

I am currenltly playing through 1 and 2.

Also 3 was totally sold out. :(

26513_2.jpg

Another carton of cheap beer. Sold the last two I bought on a late Saturday night for almost twice the price I bought them for.

Are there no ASDA or Tesco's near you at all? I would have thought they would be better stocked than your average run of the mill video game store.

It was Tesco's I went to, they also didn't have the Blu Ray of Senna in stock either, also the nearest game shop, Gamestation, is 30 miles away. :(

Last edited:
It was Tesco's I went to, they also didn't have the Blu Ray of Senna in stock either, also the nearest game shop, Gamestation, is 30 miles away. :(

Sounds like yer sort of middle of nowhere. That's why I get me shit delivered. :lol: I gotta drive 20 minutes to the nearest collection of people.

26513_2.jpg

Another carton of cheap beer. Sold the last two I bought on a late Saturday night for almost twice the price I bought them for.

Wow, I didn't know that is sold in Sweden. (or did you get those from Estonia?)

Sounds like yer sort of middle of nowhere. That's why I get me shit delivered. :lol: I gotta drive 20 minutes to the nearest collection of people.

Agreed, ordering online would seem like the best option. I think it would probably work out cheaper as well. it is surprising that Tesco don't have any copies of it in. However if its the only store around that sells video games then it would explain a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if GameStation were sold as well. Since they are owned by GAME and they have the combined intellect of a jar of peanut butter it stands to reason that they would be sold out as well or most likely end up saying "Uncharted? is that some kind of Nintendo DS game?"
Its a long shot but i know that Amazon do a next day delivery service as well so for future reference, if things go balls up again. If you order before a certain time it can be delivered to you the next day.

Agreed, ordering online would seem like the best option. I think it would probably work out cheaper as well. it is surprising that Tesco don't have any copies of it in. However if its the only store around that sells video games then it would explain a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if GameStation were sold as well. Since they are owned by GAME and they have the combined intellect of a jar of peanut butter it stands to reason that they would be sold out as well or most likely end up saying "Uncharted? is that some kind of Nintendo DS game?"
Its a long shot but i know that Amazon do a next day delivery service as well so for future reference, if things go balls up again. If you order before a certain time it can be delivered to you the next day.

I always pre-order on Amazon or summat. Makes everything so much easier an' they usually post out whatever it is quite quickly. I mean I got Uncharted 3 int mail on it's release day.

Well, you do live in the UK and don't get raped 10 quid for shipping for a game. So I get stuck with Thehut and 10-15 days shipping. Here's hope I get BF3 next week.

I always pre-order on Amazon or summat. Makes everything so much easier an' they usually post out whatever it is quite quickly. I mean I got Uncharted 3 int mail on it's release day.
When it comes to the big name games that i'm really looking forward to. I always order on Amazon. My special edition sets of StarCraft 2, World of WarCraft: Cataclysm, Halo: Reach and Splinter Cell: Conviction all came from Amazon and arrived on the day of release. When Star Wars: The Old Republic went available for pre-ordering first place i pre-ordered it with was amazon.
The only problem when it comes to ordering online is that you then have to put up with the Royal Mail. I'd have more confidence in a bunch of monkeys using catapults to send their mail.

Wonder if there any explorers editions left for Uncharted 3, I must have one.

PageImage-494390-2564860-springfield.png