The Android thread

How can I make it so my ringtones don't show up in my music library? I don't want to have any more confusing moments....

How can I make it so my ringtones don't show up in my music library? I don't want to have any more confusing moments....

I'm not too familiar with the android OS, but in all the other smartphones that I've used in the past, you simply edit the file properties to "hidden" or "system" with any file explorer.

The built in music player app should ignore all system and hidden files by default.

There's a built in app? I only got google chat built in. Whachutalkin'bout?

Dammit, I can't tell the difference between what HTC gives me and the standard Android apps.... anyway I'm sure there is an IM client for anything popular, Meebo should do most of it at once.

My Sony w810i did that. Annoyed the fuck out of me!

Fring handles all of these:

?Skype
?Gtalk
?MSN Live
?SIP
?ICQ
?Twitter
?Yahoo
?AIM

2.1 is nice, not radically different, but some interface changes. Not any slower or faster really. HTC has a couple of new widgets I'm trying out.

On a side note, can anyone get album art to display in the music app? I manually added it with mediamonkey but it is not showing up on the device (works fine in every Windows application I've tried).

Really? All I had to do was drop an image file in the song's folder?

There is a yahoo messenger app, but I have no idea what the one on the iPhone is like, so you'll have to be a bit less vague.

Hey, we answered, probed for more information, but he doesn't seem to have the ability to read.

500xmotorola-shadow.jpg

WANT

Froyo (Android 2.2) OTA started for a few users apparently, I get the feeling we are going to see it earlier than expected :D

@AndroidDev Android 2.2 is being rolled out to a very limited test group. We expect a final build to be available for OTA updates shortly, stay tuned!

I really need a Nexus One or some beautiful Android phone now that Tmobile USA has launched HSPA+ in my area :D

Damn I wish I had the $579 w/ tax to buy that Nexus :(

I have, but don?t have the Nexus available...

So far there has been no sign of a 2.2 update for AT&T N1's. I am not pleased.

Hey, I only just got 2.1 (and it runs great, Hero is still a bit sluggish but doesn't feel underpowered).