Bugatti Veyron and Top Gear

In the real world any normal driver would crash the Aero during the attempt of going as fast as a Veyron...

All those speculations about numbers are useless, completely, utterly useless. In the real world, not on paper or in the fantasy mind of wannabe racing drivers, the Veyron will outrun every other thing with wheels that is allowed on public roads - motorbikes included.

And while any other car with comparable specs pushes the driver to his physical and mental limits, the driver of the Veyron can do it practically with one hand at the wheel.

The few comparisons where cars were actually faster than the Veyron, were on an airfield, with cars that had to be taken there on a trailer, driven by a professional racing driver in biotopical conditions.

Last edited:
All those speculations about numbers are useless, completely, utterly useless. In the real world, not on paper or in the fantasy mind of wannabe racing drivers, the Veyron will outrun every other thing with wheels that is allowed on public roads - motorbikes included.
You, sir, have hit the nail on the head.
The few comparisons where cars were actually faster than the Veyron, were on an airfield, with cars that had to be taken there on a trailer, driven by a professional racing driver in biotopical conditions.
And even in those ideal conditions, you can clearly see how twitchy the cars are compared to the Veyron.

Veyron:
[youtube]959e9tz47ME[/youtube]

Hennessey Viper:
[youtube]oM_keXwwA9w[/youtube]

End of the day doesn't matter if this car doesn't handle well round corners then other super cars, fact is you got 1,001BHP to play with if needed to and the fact..LOOK at the car, its sexy!

It may not matter at the end of the day... but it matters all the rest of the time.

And everytime someone days a car is "sexy", certain pictures come to my mind which I do not want to explain in detail here ;)