No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

yep, it's harder if kate dies me thinks

Dunno...

I've killed Playboy X -> Francis -> Dimitri

Lacking a bit of money to reach the 500k mark... :\

Also, how do I get to buy cheap guns? I've done all of the drug jobs from Jacob..

I'm having too much trouble with the bank robbery mission (three leaf clover)

WTF? I beat the last mission and the clover missions on my first try each. :?

Dunno...

I've killed Playboy X -> Francis -> Dimitri

Lacking a bit of money to reach the 500k mark... :\

Also, how do I get to buy cheap guns? I've done all of the drug jobs from Jacob..

You have to do friend type things with him, like food, clubs and hanging out, when he likes you >80% he'll be available for the weapons hookup

Alright...I got through it...took me a few too many tries though.

man, i drove to the second island on some wierd walkway between the train lines on that brooklyn bridge looky likey and they give you 6 police stars for that shit! lol its fun trying to evade FBI cars

im only on the first island by the way or whatever, so the bridges are blocked off.

u also get 6 stars for walking through the blockades as well

Man, haven't you listened at the beginning? Terrorist angst! You need a Visa to pass the bridges ;-) Found that funny like hell...

I just did the same mission.

I couldn't believe my ears when Playboy told me I had to kill Dwayne. It made me very depressed and angry at Playboy. I almost went drinking, but I knew that wouldn't help my situation. I had to be responsible and be an example to my cousin Roman. Then Dwayne calls and says he wants me to take care of X. I don't know what to do. I punch in the number of the, "Boys Town National Hotline," but apparently they haven't coded that in, in the game. Hmm, funny. So with no one to turn to, I decide Dwayne is the one. He is on the brink of suicide already. He has nothing to live for.

I solemnly drive my enviro-friendly Diletantte to Dwaynes' project. I make sure to lock the doors as it looks like an unfriendly neighborhood. I trudge up the steps to Dwayne's door. By this point I am balling my eyes out, I mean big alligator tears. I enter the apartment, and Dwayne's homie starts to attack me with a baseball bat. I'm screaming, "I don't want to hurt you, PLEASE STOP IT NOW!" But he doesn't so I had to stab him, but I think he'll be ok, I'll call a ambulance for him in a bit. Then I see Dwayne, and look like the water works. I talk to the him, "Dwayne, I don't want to do this, but I have no choice. I wish it could be me instead. Oh, Dwayne I love you, but I have family." Dwayne says, "I thought we were friends." And that's it I can't kill him.

*Start*Load Game*

So I'm back where I was. I couldn't kill Dwayne. I've realized Playboy X, no matter how friendly he seems, he really just sees me as a pawn. Plus he is a closet homosexual and must die. So I pull my Dilletantte up to his house. And as soon as I arrive at his loft he confirms my suspicions, he doesn't care about me he cares about money. His homies wont stop shooting at me. I tell them, "X is just using you, you have to be your own person." They don't listen, so I shoot them in the arms then run away before they get back up. I see Playboy jump to the balcony to the adjacent building. Shocked I have to take a minute to work up the courage. Then I see one of his homies start to get up behind me. I am forced to jump. I make it barely, as I run down the stairs I realize my pants are soiled. Slowly I chase Playboy down the boulevard. Suddenly a Patriot blocks my path, the passenger opens fire. I scream and dive into a doorway. I call the cops, but they must be busier elsewhere because they don't come. So I shoot out the tires and then run by the immobilized Patriot like a little girl with my arms flailing. I chase X down an alleyway. He is trapped, a door is locked, I think he must feel lonely and scared. I point my glock at him, I ask, "I know this is a inappropriate time but have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?" There is no response, through the tears I mutter, "Jesus died for you and your sins so that you can receive a new life. . ." then I see the gold necklace and figure that must be a confirmation class present. So I aim my weapon at him . . . then all I remember is Playboy lying there dead, and me wanting to hold him and run my fingers through his hair. I couldn't though, the sirens were closing in. I ran to my safehouse crying uncontrollably the whole way.

HEY GUYS, I shared a serious emotional moment with you all! Don't mock! :cry:

I guess I should have taken something like this straight to GTAForums! :lol:

Last edited:
How are y'all doing so far?

I'm at 44,79% in 26:08:24

(plus hours and hours of joyful going berserk of course)

I think I'm at 85-90%. Been working on the stunt jumps. Once I get those done, it'll be the stupid pigeons.

^ I've got two pigeons, on the
Empire State and one of the bridges
I just fly around in a helicopter and look for places on the top of buildings where there might be one, but I haven't found any more of them.

There is a park with two pigeons litterally a metre apart.

It's one of the stats on the start button page. I think it's on the first page of stats, where it shows mission progress, it also says "<friend name> like" and gives a percentage.

Found it on myself... Kinda messy GUI.

Got a question for those pretty far into the game.
I kind of ignored Dwayne for a while, and have beat the game (killing playboy x instead of dwayne) and he will not answer the phone no matter how many times I try. Is there anyway to make him answer, or a specific time he answers?

I just fly around in a helicopter and look for places on the top of buildings where there might be one, but I haven't found any more of them.

Once you beat the game, you get an e-mail with the URL to an in-game website with a bunch of images.

These are two of them:

http://img292.imageshack.**/img292/1837/mappigeon01dh6.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.**/img292/3186/pigeons1mapwh0.jpg

Got a question for those pretty far into the game.
I kind of ignored Dwayne for a while, and have beat the game (killing playboy x instead of dwayne) and he will not answer the phone no matter how many times I try. Is there anyway to make him answer, or a specific time he answers?
He probably has no missions for you, so calling in generically won't do anything.

Instead, call him to eat, bowl, drink, etc. Try them all and do it in the afternoon or evening.

The only option under his name is just "call." When I do its just his voicemail.
Hmm. And you've actually beaten the game? The full story? The part you mentioned earlier isn't even close to the end of the game FYI.