Veyron race fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok heres the thing.

Whether the races are staged or not is irrelevant as the outcomes of the races have no meaning. There are no official times mentioned, records are not claimed and any conclusions are tongue in cheek. Nobody is seriously suggesting that million dollar supercars are a viable alternative to public transport.

[...](If the 612/Plane race had started at Heathrow or even Guildford instead of the studio it's safe to say the car wouldn't've won).
Or think of the London race, with Clarkson having to take a walk first and to start at the slow part of the river. It?s just a question of sitting down with a calculator and some timetables to make sure the race is "open" and possible for every side to win. So the races are planned carefuly in advance, some jokes prepared, and then the boys "just" have to execute it. Wich most of the time works, and other time (SLR vs Ship/Boat/Plane) doesn?t.

I think they genuinly do that stuff. But It?s carefully planned and hevily edited afterwards. I don?t really mind that ... as long as it works and entertains ... :)

This thread is just too funny. Anyone looking to top gear for absolute accurate information has a distorted idea of what the show is.

We get the presenters thoughts on how a car is. And some of those are vague and it depends on which one of them is doing the reviewing. I personally prefer May's thoughts because I think I identify most with the kinds of things he likes. Jeremy is prone to change his mind from one day to the next. Hammond, well he just tries a little bit too hard for me.

Are the races staged? I think they are tweaked in such a way as to give the car every advantage, but I don't think the ultimate outcome is staged. Such as starting the race super early in the morning, this giving the car several hours head start. But no matter what advantage you give, there are usually unpredicted events that happen along the way. Both working for you or maybe working against you. (ie, traffic, road works, police, flat tires...) So although the advantage seems to be given to the car at the start, it in no way would absolutely guarantee a win at the end.

Here, I will throw in something stupid, pertainting the current posting theme:

zOMG teh matriks PW3ND joo kekekekekekekekekeke

Yes, the race was fake. It was actually a TT with a body kit.

Yes, the race was fake. It was actually a TT with a body kit.

Not so!

I bring you exclusive proof that it was, in fact, a repainted Rover!

http://img122.imageshack.**/img122/1314/veyrover8du.jpg

Nobody is seriously suggesting that million dollar supercars are a viable alternative to public transport.
Well obviously not, but automobiles in general certainly are. Why do you suppose people still often drive everywhere, rather than fly or take the train? Because cars still ARE the preferred way of moving about... it's public transport that is the alternative.

The point these challenges are trying to make is to show all the mussing about you have to do with public tranist, that you just simply do not have to deal with in a car.

Well obviously not, but automobiles in general certainly are. Why do you suppose people still often drive everywhere, rather than fly or take the train? Because cars still ARE the preferred way of moving about... it's public transport that is the alternative.

No, people use whatever is the most cost effective, convenient and practical method for any given situation which is often, but not necessarily always a car.
I drive my car to work because it is the most convenient. For long distance travel i take a plane because it is the quickest.

The point these challenges are trying to make is to show all the mussing about you have to do with public tranist, that you just simply do not have to deal with in a car.

Since when does top gear have a point? They spent an entire episode trying to make a space shuttle out of a reliant robin. What was the point of that do you think? A serious attempt at embarrassing nasa?
There is no point to the challenges other than to provide some moderately humorous, car based entertainment. Unless you are stuck in a situation where you need to make an arbitrary journey across europe and your only choices for transport are a veyron or a light aircraft.

Last edited:
No? No and then you go on to say what I said? I said they are the preferred method. By whatever reason, be it practicality or expense or fun, it does not change the truth of my statement.

And of course Top Gear has a point. You think that Jeremy, Richard, and James are just clowns who dress up for our entertainment? I think you forget that they are actual Journalists who write their opinions and points into every sequence of that show. Top Gear isn't the most controversial car show on television for no reason. They make many points, many of which cause quite a stir!

No? No and then you go on to say what I said? I said they are the preferred method. By whatever reason, be it practicality or expense or fun, it does not change the truth of my statement.
No i didn't say what you said, you need to improve your reading and comprehension skills. There is no truth to your statement as it is only your opinion and it is factually incorrect. Cars are not always the preferred choice, i have explained why and given an example.
And of course Top Gear has a point.
No it doesn't.
You think that Jeremy, Richard, and James are just clowns who dress up for our entertainment?
Yes that is exactly what they do.
I think you forget that they are actual Journalists who write their opinions and points into every sequence of that show. Top Gear isn't the most controversial car show on television for no reason. They make many points, many of which cause quite a stir!
Only among idiots who lack the cognitive ability to identify wit, sarcasm, irony and context.

This thread is just too funny. Anyone looking to top gear for absolute accurate information has a distorted idea of what the show is.

Ah yes the "What, someone drove around Dunsfold in 1:11? Well that doesn't count because The Stig wasn't driving. All the Top Gear laps have The Stig driving. It wouldn't be a fair comparison if it wasn't the same driver." effect. :rolleyes:

Only among idiots who lack the cognitive ability to identify wit, sarcasm, irony and context.

Stop picking on the poor Americans, they can't help it.

Not so!

I bring you exclusive proof that it was, in fact, a repainted Rover!

http://img122.imageshack.**/img122/1314/veyrover8du.jpg

That explains why the insurers thought it was Rover! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.