Indy 4

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Anyone else seen it?

I didn't think that much of it to be honest,

one could draw a parallel with die hard series now me thinks.

1st one great
2nd one shitty
3rd one great
4th one shitty

Harrison Ford was fine but the 'sidekicks' were grating at best and the villian was pretty shit.

Disapointed

Haven't seen it yet. So it's more of a download than a pay to go see? *

I've been looking forward to it, but I've already heard a few not so great things about it.

* Hypothetically speaking. Of course no one here downloads illegal content.

Haven't seen it yet. So it's more of a download than a pay to go see? *

I've been looking forward to it, but I've already heard a few not so great things about it.

* Hypothetically speaking. Of course no one here downloads illegal content.

I really wanted it to be good, I loved raiders and last crusade

also there are a few shitty references to the other movies that seem more like a "we were too cheap to get these people back"

Yeah, Last Crusade was excellent. I was hoping this would be even better.

I hear if you go in thinking of like The Mummy, you'll enjoy the first 2/3 to 3/4 of it as nothing really can top the original 3. Although I also hear the ending is a pile of CGI shit.

I hear if you go in thinking of like The Mummy, you'll enjoy the first 2/3 to 3/4 of it as nothing really can top the original 3. Although I also hear the ending is a pile of CGI shit.

You'd be correct, about the ending

The CGI in it is quite poor in itself as well, seems pretty low qual. It has none of that "remember that cool bit in last crusade where they escape the castle" etc

There was a trailer for the new mummy movie as well, no rachel weiss no sale.

The plot details are sketchy and have whiffs of Lucas-meddling about it (to say the least!), and the CGI is indeed disappointing - in that it's obvious, and often in places where you thought '20 years ago, they would have just DONE that'.

Definitely not worth staying up for a midnight showing of, and definitely the weakest of the four indy films.

In fact I couldn't really count it as an Indy film - it was just too much of a shadow of it's former self. :(

I think one of the major issues was that it just kept on trying to tell us that it was the 50's, we didn't have constant reminders the others were 40's but this one urgh.

I thought it was alright - then again, I've never seen the other 3 films :)o) so I don't know what to expect or base it on. Were they over-the-top ridiculous as well? Because I don't know how many people can expect to survive a nuclear blast in a refrigerator. Just sayin'.

Otherwise, it was surprisingly entertaining as a result of the cheesiness, something I can't say for other ridiculous action films. Though the ending was complete shit like the one for Mission to Mars involving space aliens, and there the CGI'd cheesiness was annoying instead of fun.

Overall, I enjoyed it, and had a hard-on for that bitchin' old Harley (which is actually a modern Softail Springer Classic instead of a vintage barn find, which would have been too mindblowingly awesome for Hollywood to muster).

I'll probably go see it. I get into the movies free, so no loss if it sucks (one of the perks of a wheelchair).

The new Indie movie SUCKED! Holy crap was it horrible! I get the fact that it is supposed to be an homage to classic sci-fi movies, I thought it started out pretty decent and the part with the A-bomb test was pretty funny, but it seemed like the ENTIRE movie was filmed in front of a green screen and I never did have a sense of awe, the ants just looked stupid and not threatening at all.
When I saw the words "written by George Lucas" I knew I was in trouble, everything great he created back in the 70's and 80's he turns to crap now.

On the whole I rather liked it. Most of the chase scenes were reminicent of the old ones as was the classic Indy wit. The story was definitely a let down. In the original three everything is believable, but this one seems very very far-fetched. I have heard the theories about extra terrestrials actually visting ancient Earth but the movie just didn't put it together in a believable way.

As with almost all modern movies the computer generated effects were way overdone. It's my belief that they should only be used to enhance a scene, not replace something that can be done for real or with models. The opening shot with the CG prairie dog started everything off on a bad note for me. Some of the action shots were pretty cheesy too. Most notably was the part where they're sword fighting between the vehicles. It's totally awesome until they switch to that weird looking-through-the-jungle-as-the-trucks-go-by view. It sounds shallow but that one shot ruined the whole jungle chase for me.

And somehow Indiana Jones just isn't the same without Nazis. I guess because they're seen as more real evil compared to communist Russia which we all laugh at now.

As stated in the previous 2 posts, this movie is most ridiculous. It starts with the ride in the fridge that gets thrown about 1/2 a mile and he's perfectly. I also like how on the rocket sled he doesn't fly despite the sled going from 5000mph to 0 in 2 seconds. Also, the jump into the river and 3 waterfalls is also preposterous, in addition to the super speedy, super eating, super constructing ants. Then the aliens ending just takes the cake. "The space between spaces." WTF?

Look, I get that Indiana Jones is a supposed to be able to stretch the truth a bit, but not with things so preposterous as that. At least have things that as at least plausible. The question should be asked, "Would they even test this on Mythbusters?", and if yes, then go ahead. The chase scenes and so forth are fine, but most is absolute crap.

Overall: C-

Just pretend this movie wasn't made and there were only 3 Indiana Jones movies. The best part was the picture of Sean Connery.

^Their were only 3 Star Wars movies and 3 Aliens movies as well.

Yeah that jungle scene was pure wet shit, i cringed when that stupid kid started swinging from branch to branch.

At least in the other indy movies the whole paranormal element was relatively minor not the total retarded bullshit that concludes this movie.

Blaro go and watch raiders, you'll instantly understand what we're talking about

Yeah that jungle scene was pure wet shit, i cringed when that stupid kid started swinging from branch to branch.

At least in the other indy movies the whole paranormal element was relatively minor not the total retarded bullshit that concludes this movie.

Blaro go and watch raiders, you'll instantly understand what we're talking about

I was expecting a decent movie after watching the first 20-30 minutes. Then I wondered what Lucas/Spielberg were smoking when they turned down other scripts and chose this one. I was surprised that Shia LaBeouf didn't ruin it single-handedly, it's seems like everyone involved in the movie had a part in that.

Then I wondered what Lucas/Spielberg were smoking when they turned down other scripts and chose this one.
There was a script written by Frank Darabont (he who penned the awesome Shawshank Redemption) that people who've seen it rave about.

However, whilst Spielberg and Harrison Ford loved it, George didn't, so they had to turn it down.

Once again, George Lucas c**ks up the movies...

I started liking the movie, the plot was ok, it had the basic Indy moments and was also quite funny. Until it gets to the end... <_<

That UFO thing and the Aliens involved in the plot just runied everything for me. Watching that UFO take off just killed everything in the movie. They could just have said that the Crystal Skull was from an almighty HUMAN-God (with a strange skull shape) and I think everything would have been ok. The Russian girl would have died the same way and the temple also would have colapsed the same way and everybody would be happy.

I was expecting a decent movie after watching the first 20-30 minutes. Then I wondered what Lucas/Spielberg were smoking when they turned down other scripts and chose this one. I was surprised that Shia LaBeouf didn't ruin it single-handedly, it's seems like everyone involved in the movie had a part in that.

I lol'd so hard at Shia. He's such a dork, both in the movies and presumably in real life.

Then again, every good movie should start with a '32 Ford Model A flathead hot rod racing a 1950 Ford Deluxe Fordor in olive Army colors across the desert.