What happened to the Cool Wall?

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Firstly sorry if this question has been asked before, but I am new to this Forum and couldn't find any relevant threads when I searched so here goes.

I am, of course, well aware that the Cool Wall was badly damaged in the prop fire that the Fifth Gear team (allegedly!!) started, but does anyone have any clues as to:
1. Why they didn't replace it?
2. Was its ommission from the last season only temporary?
3. Are there any plans to bring it back?

Thanks.

:welcome:

We know as much as you I'm afraid. The time when we [should] know whether its back or not, will come on the 18th June, as that is the filming date for the first episode of series 11.

I definately want to see it return, but whether the boys do, we just don't know.

Sorry, I can't answer but I wish they would bring it back - some of the best interplay between Clarkson and Hamster was over where stuff should be on the Cool Wall. Yum yum anyone?

/EDIT Rats, Speedtouch beat me to it!

I am, of course, well aware that the Cool Wall was badly damaged in the prop fire that the Fifth Gear team (allegedly!!) started, but does anyone have any clues as to:
1. Why they didn't replace it?

Budget! :p

2. Was its ommission from the last season only temporary?

Hope so. I reckon that they were trying to fit all the 'big films' in, and when you've got lots of expensive on-location shooting done, it's the cheaper in-studio bits that will get canned first.

3. Are there any plans to bring it back?

Hope so! I think somewhere (TG Mag website?) suggested that the Cool Wall would return during one of S10's eps, but it didn't happen. Oh well.

It would be nice to see the CW back, especially with the new "yard stick" Keira Knightley. Hopefully they keep her up on a virtual pedestal and not invite her into the show and risk being disappointed :p

Reactions: MWF
I'd prefer to see a few more 'regular car' road tests first before a return of the cool wall.

It would be great to have Cool Wall back on the show. The rules are simple, as explained by Dr. Jezza Jeremy the Clarkson.

"Oh I am Sorry; I don't think I have explained. This isn?t a debate. I tell you where things go. I am the judge here."

I'd love to see the cool wall back as well :) As much as I love Richard, I tend to see the CW as Jeremy's, and I agree with him - what he says, goes!

I'm pretty sure it'll be back next season, burnt or not.
It was a nice "filler" between videos.

Plus it gave them an excuse to have childish fights

meh I don't know. When they invited Cristin Scott Thomas, most of what Jeremy said when talking about the cool wall blew up in Jeremy's face. And although it was all In good fun, I don't think they'll bring it back. Who would be the yard stick? I don't think Jeremy would pick Ms. Keira.

Although I do hope they put it back, I enjoyed it to bits specially when he chainsawed the motorcycle off the cool wall, or when hamster "ate" the M6.

I loved the Cool Wall. I really hope they bring it back.

Its amazing how putting a car too high for Richard to reach it is still funny no matter how many times Jeremy does it.:D

I thought they made Fiona Bruce or some random newsreader the yardstick way before KST came in? I seem to remember Jezza making some random point about what car KST drove and so therefore she was defo not the yardstick anymore.

^ Yup, they changed the yardstick before KST came on to do her lap because Jeremy met here and found that she didn't like the DB9 and drove a Civic.

I really hope they do bring back the cool wall, I miss it :(

I'd prefer to see a few more 'regular car' road tests first before a return of the cool wall.

Didn't they use "TG down-to-earth board" for verdicts/decisions when testing cars that people might buy. It wasn't in part as much as Cool Wall but it appeared in several earlier episodes.

Were there some boards stored behind the Cool Wall? was one called Classic or Crock?

CW segments were always very funny. I don't know if it should be brought back though. Maybe it's like the Vauxhall seats. They didn't get new similar ones.

Andy Wilman said in his blog that they are getting new seats.

I guess that means James can have his living room set back again. :lol:

I've always enjoyed the Cool Wall definition of what makes a car cool or not. It's fun to whip out in car discussions w friends.

Its a shame they didn't replace the cool wall with something similar or another cool wall for two very good reasons:

1. It provided us with a lot of memorable Clarkson moments when he goes barreling into the audience to argue with them. Its really a great bit of interaction and usually very entertaining.

2. In essence the cool wall was actually a bit of a quick review of a lot of cars at once. I mean sure they didn't road test all of them or anything but at least we got their opinions on whether its rubbish, cool, good to drive etc etc. Now that its gone I feel they simply don't mention enough new cars anymore.

Funny how taking something like the cool wall away can actually really change the show.

Its a shame they didn't replace the cool wall with something similar or another cool wall for two very good reasons:

1. It provided us with a lot of memorable Clarkson moments when he goes barreling into the audience to argue with them. Its really a great bit of interaction and usually very entertaining.

2. In essence the cool wall was actually a bit of a quick review of a lot of cars at once. I mean sure they didn't road test all of them or anything but at least we got their opinions on whether its rubbish, cool, good to drive etc etc. Now that its gone I feel they simply don't mention enough new cars anymore.

Funny how taking something like the cool wall away can actually really change the show.

cool wall had nothing to do with car being rubbish, its drivability, and built quality or handling.