Guy banned from the 'ring after drifting

And I am simply saying that letting people go for a scenic drive on the friggin Nurburgring is the most idiotic thing in the world. There are lots of other country roads around there where you can do that.

So then you also feel people that are just to scared to go fast, or don't drive a fast enough car shouldn't be allowed on the ring?

And I am simply saying that letting people go for a scenic drive on the friggin Nurburgring is the most idiotic thing in the world. There are lots of other country roads around there where you can do that.
I'm sorry mate but you are wrong on this one. The 'Ring is a public road that is open to anyone who cares to spend the entrance fee on it. You are allowed to go as fast/slow as you want on it, however there are still certain rules.

If I go to the 'Ring I would be pretty slow I suspect (I consider myself a good driver but I'm also realistic about my skills) and I will give way to faster traffic, but I don't want anyone crashing into me because they are showing off.

Also as a fan of drifting I know very well that it is nearly impossible to keep constant drifts. If you watch the Drift Bible by KT (can't remember the spelling) aka the Drift King you will see him spin out a couple of times. Same thing goes for the drift competitions such as D1 where professionals with cars set up specifically for drifting will hit other cars, barriers, spin out, go off the track and so on.

The only thing about this particular thing is that I want to know if he did it more than once and how they could tell he was drifting rather than messing up on a turn and trying to recover.

P.S.
In professional racing drifting is also prohibited AFAIK.

You guys are all talking about what is. I am talking about what should be.

And I am not out to ban all amateurs from the ring. Just make 'tourist' days and then make track days. If you're on it during a track day, just like with any other racetrack, you should be allowed to go as fast and aggressively as you want.

^ You can drive fast and aggressively and still be responsible to other users. I think you'll find that at other track days you'll get pulled off the circuit if you're driving in a way that endangers others - and rightly so too.

A line has to be drawn somewhere, if they let people drive on the 'ring without regard to other's safety the place would be shut down in no time - the accident / injury / fatality rate would be such that that would be only option. So, with a little bit of responsibility everyone can get to enjoy themselves and experience the 'ring, and, believe it or not, still drive quickly and aggressively without putting others at risk.

If you really want to drive your nuts off without regard for others - hire the circuit for yourself. Everyone wins that way.

Vector, your rep shows what Finalgear thinks of your cunning plan. :)

Just make 'tourist' days and then make track days. If you're on it during a track day, just like with any other racetrack, you should be allowed to go as fast and aggressively as you want.
In fact there are "tourist days" and "track days", it's just that the "tourist days" are more often (on other tracks you don't get any "tourist days", just track days and race events so it's even better, in that way even people without sporty ambitions are able to drive that track for themselves) but you can get real track days, too.

If you drive reckless (and yes, driving very fast and talking to the phone at the same time on the 'ring is reckless driving) at tourist days you get fined - it's just enforcing the clearly set rules everyone has to stick to.

Vector, your rep shows what Finalgear thinks of your cunning plan. :)
All I was doing was expressing my opinion about the ring. Neg me all you want, I really don't give a damn.

And I am not out to ban all amateurs from the ring. Just make 'tourist' days and then make track days. If you're on it during a track day, just like with any other racetrack, you should be allowed to go as fast and aggressively as you want.

If you think that you can drive as fast and agressively as you want on a track-day, you clearly have never visited any.