EVO X, stolen after 36hrs

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Owned imported the EVO X from Japan, picked it up Friday evening, and it was stolen about 36hrs after he got it! Hadn't even time to register it. More here & here
9781.jpg

What is very stange about this case is that someone from the transport company posted pictures of the car on the internet before the owner collected it.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
wow i'd be pissed the hell off if someone who i hired to transport my car posted my car on the internet and drove it around.
and then have it stolen? well that would make me want to eat babies or something:wall:

Sad story... looks good in white.

So does this mean there's no insurance to cover these poor folks? Or did they have insurance form the importer or something?

They owner has a small import company, that imported the car from Japan in a container. When he said he was going to pick it up, the transport co' opened the container and the idiot took the pix that he posted. Transport co' idiot, said he only drove in 2nd gear from the front to the back of the building.

Car was insured on the chassis number.

All thieves deserve to have their balls cut off and hung.

Low-life scums who don't want to work for their stuff don't deserve to live.

Thats good. I hope the car is really in as good a condition as they say. It probably wasn't joyriders who stole it, so I doubt the thieves would damage the goods.

Glad they found it. It would only be a matter of time before that forum found out where the thief lived and tracked him down. How many unregistered white Evo Xs are there around? Would have been more fun though. :D

How did they steal it tho? It should have a Japanese immobiliser and only specific key. Sounds a bit fishy.

according to the thread, the thief broke into the house and stole the keys for the car.

http://img214.imageshack.**/img214/1382/facepalm2ly3.jpg

Crooks have no imagination these days.

Crooks have no imagination these days.

Thats why these type of scumbags arrive in you bedroom, when they can't find the keys, holding a boiling hot kettle over your head, until you tell them where the keys are.

Last edited:
according to the thread, the thief broke into the house and stole the keys for the car.

I've heard of this happening before with many other cars. Take note people, don't put your keys in an obvious spot in your house. Hide them somewhere only you and your partner know.

I've heard of this happening before with many other cars. Take note people, don't put your keys in an obvious spot in your house. Hide them somewhere only you and your partner know.

I'd feel pretty bad for anyone who broke into my house so they could steal my car! Hell, I'd give them the keys if I didn't love the thing! The main reason why I'd feel pretty bad is because the damn thing is so easy to break into and hotwire..

It is great to see that the poor people got their car back in tact and ready for the inspection the next day. Was also good to see all the car communities, both in Ireland and worldwide, come together to help find it and offer support.

Why are people still importing these from Japan? I've already seen them on the road here....

Kill switchs and hidden push button for the starter, have both on my jeep. basically I can leave the keys in it and it wouldn't start till you flip the switch and push the button. but at the same time if you find the button it will just crank the motor unless you have a key too. wouldn't help in this case though with the car being so new.