Post Your Launch

You can't spin the wheels with an automatic unless you have insane torque and a box smart enough to keep you in the range.

Or a dirt road :)

I don't have a video camera, actually atm I don't even have a car, so unfortunatly no videos from me :(

You can't spin the wheels with an automatic unless you have insane torque and a box smart enough to keep you in the range.

1. Left foot on brake, somewhat lightly.
2. Right foot on gas, very hard.
3. Modulate.
4. Let go of left foot.

Even low-torque cars with idiot boxes will spin their wheels on that. That's what you don't learn in Europe with all your manual transmissions and lack of a drag-racing culture.

Here is my launch..

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_cM8Cnd7hvI[/YOUTUBE]

Um, I can spin the wheels on my truck just by flooring it from idle.

Thats why god invented rain. :lol:

This stock 305 would beg to differ.
[YOUTUBE]g-GIsQ1YZM4[/YOUTUBE]

I love the little kid's reaction.

and what he says at the end. "is that the concrete that melted, or is that the tire." Oh the inoccence of adolecence.

Now I'm gonna have to show that up. But I dont' have a video camera... lame. I'll hunt one down.

PS. @ Icebone, I can spin the tires on my dad's Grand Cherokee (which is a 4x4) in the dry. Automatics are easy to do burnouts in.

you ever watch a drag car launch? it can be fun.
attachment.php

not sure id want my car to twist its own chassis :p

you can take that pic 2 ways.... the engines got a lot of grunt. or the mustangs chassis is a soft walloy old hector.

1. Left foot on brake, somewhat lightly.
2. Right foot on gas, very hard.
3. Modulate.
4. Let go of left foot.

Even low-torque cars with idiot boxes will spin their wheels on that. That's what you don't learn in Europe with all your manual transmissions and lack of a drag-racing culture.

Exactly. That's basically my technique when I can't be bothered with a D-Slammer. I can also get a bit of a burnout going in a similar way :lol: If anything, it's probably easier to get a burnout going in an auto, thanks to the lack of clutch. If you can't get an automatic car to spin the wheels, you're not trying hard enough.

Actually.. come to think of it, just slamming my foot from rest can at least get the wheels chirping a tiny bit.

similar to the D Slammer, old commodore's (pre VP) you could go to 100km/hr and jam it into reverse and it would just start smoking up. Doesn't work in newer models.

Back to launching though. I'll try to get a new video up next time its raining, I seem to be able to get off the line a bit better in the cold/wet.

A Commodore automatic will spin it's wheels quite happily and in it's v6 guise it's not exactly high powered.

I might try and record something but all i have is my mobile and it sucks at video recording, also my tyres suck shit and spin if you launch at more than about 4k (you don't generally need to anyway to get the best out of my car)

similar to the D Slammer, old commodore's (pre VP) you could go to 100km/hr and jam it into reverse and it would just start smoking up. Doesn't work in newer models.

Jesus christ.. I wouldn't want to be inside, let alone driving when that's happening!

Really get a sense of the brutality with this video.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1W9q8IiWjg[/YOUTUBE]

Slapshifter on a built manual > DSG/F1 or whatever

Another clip from outside the car.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ccEQnxGoE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Just your run of the mill 2.0 liter....

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Kp_-E1KfiM[/YOUTUBE]

That guy built my tranny :D

Wow, that thing sounds awesome. I like the roasting of the inside tire.

Thanks ^_^ Though it sounds a bit "tinny" compared to most CVs. I don't think the carbs are adjusted 100% correctly, whereas it was EFI stock (but I'm going back soon), and there was a cat in there to help muffle it a bit, but they're damn heavy and it's over the limit for ever needing an E-check, so there's a nice, simple replacement pipe there now. Also, it should hold a bit better once I move from an open diff with 13" 4 lugs over to a posi with 15" 5 lugs.

Heres another great Launch...rotary style :D
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twlJanDSNgA[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds completely evil.

Thanks ^_^ Though it sounds a bit "tinny" compared to most CVs. I don't think the carbs are adjusted 100% correctly, whereas it was EFI stock (but I'm going back soon), and there was a cat in there to help muffle it a bit, but they're damn heavy and it's over the limit for ever needing an E-check, so there's a nice, simple replacement pipe there now. Also, it should hold a bit better once I move from an open diff with 13" 4 lugs over to a posi with 15" 5 lugs.

You haven't burned out the cylinder liners yet?