Lens Flair

2699664748_63c88b5106_b.jpg

Can we make a small stipulation for posting pictures in this thread to, if possible, include EXIF data? Just basic stuff like shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and WB.

Can we make a small stipulation for posting pictures in this thread to, if possible, include EXIF data? Just basic stuff like shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and WB.

Most images will let you check exif yourself, with some exceptions. I'll do it from now, as I do see the point, but people really should be less interested in the technical side of images, and more interested in the images.

Just my 0.2.

Most images will let you check exif yourself, with some exceptions
I've been doing that, but most of the images here are edited and the EXIF data has been stripped.

I'll do it from now, as I do see the point, but people really should be less interested in the technical side of images, and more interested in the images.
Oh, I agree, and I'm certainly interested in the images, of course, but I'm also interested in how to capture them :)

Feel free to put it in a spoiler tag if you feel it will clutter things for other people :)

Anyway, my contribution for today...

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2008/07/24/Raspberries.jpg

Can you say that you ate your subject? :p

Camera: Nikon D40
ExposureTime: 1/1600 seconds
FNumber: 5.60
ISOSpeedRatings: 800
FocalLength: 55.00 mm
White Balance: SUNNY
ExposureBiasValue: -3.00

(jawhawk's purty flower)

'Some wild colours in that flower. What is it?

Last edited:
There's nothing like good ol' american short track racing. The noise is amazing- you feel it much more then really hear it (though that's probably because you're deaf in five minutes)

337478408_HU2o8-XL.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ad/adunaphel/2008/07/25/DSC_0777.jpg

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D80
Image Date: 2008:07:24 13:00:31
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 50.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm)
Exposure Time: 0.0008 s (1/1250)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO equiv: 400
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Fine Weather
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

The only problem with doing this is that a lot of people use PhotoShop and save to web (which changes and colour space to sRGB) annoyingly this also strips all exif data by default. All of the images I put on here have Exif data in them however the HDR ones have either really odd spoofed Exif data (when using Dynamic Photo HDR) or none at all when using Photomatix. I can also really recommend the FxIF Add On for firefox if you want to easily view Exif information.

The only problem with doing this is that a lot of people use PhotoShop and save to web (which changes and colour space to sRGB) annoyingly this also strips all exif data by default.

That one's easily solved by using Lightroom and the export function with size constraints.

The only problem with doing this is that a lot of people use PhotoShop and save to web (which changes and colour space to sRGB) annoyingly this also strips all exif data by default. All of the images I put on here have Exif data in them however the HDR ones have either really odd spoofed Exif data (when using Dynamic Photo HDR) or none at all when using Photomatix. I can also really recommend the FxIF Add On for firefox if you want to easily view Exif information.

Actually save to web doesnt change the colorspace. I shoot in aRGB and if i save it straight to web without any adjustments, post it on the internet and view in browsers that dont render aRGB, the image will look different and lack in color. I have to convert to profile in Photoshop to sRGB before i save.

But yeah, the reason my images dont have EXIF info is because i use Save To Web in Photoshop.

strange- my images don't have EXIF but you can retrieve the exif on Smugmug when you view them there.

well, new day, new image
338331548_uohsg-XL.jpg

I can also really recommend the FxIF Add On for firefox if you want to easily view Exif information.
Thanks, that's a really neat extension! *installed*

Still, however, most images, after being saved, lose their EXIF data :(

If you save them as jpeg, not save for web, they'll keep the exif. UNLESS you copy paste them into a new photoshop canvas to add borders.

Another B/W experiment. Less noise this time.

oldhouse2.jpg

Camera Model: NIKON D70
Lens: Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Focal Length: 17mm
Exposure Time: 1/800
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO Sensitivity: 200
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Multi Pattern
Exposure: Aperture Priority