Cars you just dont understand

it's a limo for those who actually know better than to use a stretched lincoln towncar :p

not for the driver, is for the passenger.

the new RS6 is a thing i just don't get. don't get me wrong, i love it, it's insane. but why would you put that engine in an estate when you can just put it in the r8 and beat the s**t out of almost every sports car... i mean it's fairly fine to put the v10 without the turbos in it
and the R63 amg... it's a pointless piece of family crap with a beast under its hood...

because Audi loves fast estates... always have always will hell the RS4 was the first time an RS model wasn't released as an avant first then a coupe. Also in regard to your put the V10TT into the R8 plan they are going one better and putting their V12TT TDi instead so yeah

R32: nearly as expensive an an STi, not as well built
GTI: nearly as expensive as a WRX, not as well built

R 32
vw_08r32_interior.jpg

STI

112_0710_06z+2008_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti+interior.jpg

Not as well built? Imprezas allways had the reputation of being full os cheap plastic :blink:

I just don't get the new mini. It's so deliberately stylish and cool.. It's as if the driver has something to compensate :) Oh and i hate the huge tachometer.

Another car that i don't get is the new beetle, well i'll cut to the chase, i hate all retro cars badly.

edit:

the maybach is a very nice car if you are angela merkel, but if anyone else has the money and doesn't buy a phantom instead, it's pretty safe to say he doesnt have class.

Last edited:
All non offroad-able 4x4s. Why not just buy a station wagon or a van. If you want the awd for snow or somthing, plenty of vansstations wagons have it.

R 32
vw_08r32_interior.jpg

STI

112_0710_06z+2008_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti+interior.jpg

Not as well built? Imprezas allways had the reputation of being full os cheap plastic :blink:
and that's basically the GTI interior as well, except those stripes along the sides and glove box and stuff are alluminum (except the special ones like fahrenheit, where they appear to be orange plastic) Regardless, it's a DAMN nice place to spend time, if you say otherwise, you've obviously never been in one for any length of time. the impreza interior is cheap and not as stylish. I very much considered a WRX before buying the GTI, and the interior was a big win for the peoples car. the subie has a lot going for it, but interior isn't really one of them.

I don't understand upper-level Hyundais. Sure they let you get into a more luxurious car if you're on a limited budget but that's not the point of luxurious cars. Imagine you just landed that big promotion to middle management and you're at the company party talking to your now fellow middle managers. The conversation turns to cars and they tell you all about their BMWs and Mercedeseses. And what do you have? A Hyundai. Major uncool points there. Maybe in a few years time they will become acceptable but as of right now I think most people still see Hyundai as a cheap car for cheap people. That's not the image you want to portray when showing off your new found success.

I also don't understand Mercury. What's the point of having cars that are slightly more luxurious than Fords yet slightly less luxurious than Lincolns? Right now they have a grand total of five cars in their lineup, all of which are just a few hundred dollars more than their Ford counterparts so they aren't that exclusive. And they look pretty much the same as their cheaper cousins. I would like to see Ford following in GM's footsteps by turning Mercury into a domestic brand for imports like Saturn and Pontiac are becoming.

Also Ford's website reallllllllllly sucks.

Last edited:
Maybach

Why, when I can get an S63 for less? I mean, look at it:[/url]

Have you been inside one? (Me neither.) It's pretty swanky:

2007-Maybach-62-S-Interior-1280x960.jpg

15822gt1ki75kn1.jpg

If I were Mr. Big I'd get one and have new bodywork draped upon it from a coachbuilder.

Last edited:
Yes, I have been in one. And I looked like a try hard rapper according to others.

But I drive myself most of the time, so stuff like the quattroporte and S63 would be higher on top of my list.

ohh I'm so glad I found this thread

BMW X3
bmw-x3-exterior-2007-1.JPG

In fact all BMW X cars, none of them look good, none of them are as good off-road as a Range Rover so why not buy a 5er Estate? it'll handle better and will use less fuel as it'll weigh less. Completely pointless

Toyota Yaris "Sedan"
2007_Toyota_Yaris_ext_1.jpg

What's wrong with a hatch? More practical if you have tall things to load (Planets, bikes, ponies you know the sort of thing you put in the back of a small car)

Ford F-150 Lightening
MyF-150Lightning.jpg

Vulgar old fashioned unimaginative crap - Its like a supercharged Transit to me, completely pointless

The 'new' MG TF
_42984065_oldmgseven5.jpg

Who is going to pay MORE than a MX-5 for a car that's more than 6 years old

Have you been inside one? (Me neither.) It's pretty swanky:
15822gt1ki75kn1.jpg

If I were Mr. Big I'd get one and have new bodywork draped upon it from a coachbuilder.

Yeah, well that's the Maybach 62... it costs over thrice as much as the s-class benz (s63amg), and there's a good reason for that... if I could afford one, and a driver to go along with it, I'd get it.

But the Maybach 57? It still costs over twice as much as the S63, all the while being 50cm longer, and yet NOT having more interior room in the back seat. What's the point of a passenger car without passenger space?

I'd rather just get a driver's car. Or at least an S-class and save a shizload of money.

--> Maybach 57 is utterly pointless.
(unlike the 62)

Toyota Yaris "Sedan"
2007_Toyota_Yaris_ext_1.jpg

What's wrong with a hatch? More practical if you have tall things to load (Planets, bikes, ponies you know the sort of thing you put in the back of a small car)
I was wondering the same thing about the Chevy Aveo sedan. You don't get as much interior space as the hatchback, you pay about $2,000 more, and it's a lot more ugly.

Modern Ferraris:
They're not particularly good looking. They're not particularly involving. And they're not especially fast. It used to be that Ferraris were involving cars with loads of character that weren't the fastest but still fast. Now they're uninvolving and dull to drive and all they have are good noises coming out of the back. Sorry but if you buy or like Ferrari made since the 360 and 550 you're just a tool who buys a car for the name.

Corvette ZR1:
Yes it's fast. But it's going to cost a lot more than sticker to own one, and it's still a Corvette. No matter how fast it's going it'll still have the awful interior and be less fun to drive than cars a fraction of the price. Yet still people pile on praise for a tarted up Z06 which you could make faster on your own and for less money.

AMG Mercs:
They're only fast in a straight line, expensive and uninvolving. Also, they're still as poorly built as the regular car they're based on. So why even bother? The same applies to "S" and "RS" Audi's apart from the RS4.

Prius:
Higher initial cost than other cars in it's class, more expensive to run, damaging to the environment and good luck getting the advertised fuel econ. Oh and it'll turn you into the kind of prick who asks other people at the pump how their gas mileage is and then flaunts an inflated figure to somehow make them selves superior.

and that's basically the GTI interior as well, except those stripes along the sides and glove box and stuff are alluminum (except the special ones like fahrenheit, where they appear to be orange plastic) Regardless, it's a DAMN nice place to spend time, if you say otherwise, you've obviously never been in one for any length of time. the impreza interior is cheap and not as stylish. I very much considered a WRX before buying the GTI, and the interior was a big win for the peoples car. the subie has a lot going for it, but interior isn't really one of them.

And i agree with you :D

Modern Ferraris:
They're not particularly good looking. They're not particularly involving. And they're not especially fast. It used to be that Ferraris were involving cars with loads of character that weren't the fastest but still fast. Now they're uninvolving and dull to drive and all they have are good noises coming out of the back. Sorry but if you buy or like Ferrari made since the 360 and 550 you're just a tool who buys a car for the name.

Corvette ZR1:
Yes it's fast. But it's going to cost a lot more than sticker to own one, and it's still a Corvette. No matter how fast it's going it'll still have the awful interior and be less fun to drive than cars a fraction of the price. Yet still people pile on praise for a tarted up Z06 which you could make faster on your own and for less money.

AMG Mercs:
They're only fast in a straight line, expensive and uninvolving. Also, they're still as poorly built as the regular car they're based on. So why even bother? The same applies to "S" and "RS" Audi's apart from the RS4.

Prius:
Higher initial cost than other cars in it's class, more expensive to run, damaging to the environment and good luck getting the advertised fuel econ. Oh and it'll turn you into the kind of prick who asks other people at the pump how their gas mileage is and then flaunts an inflated figure to somehow make them selves superior.

Modern Ferraris: Not involving? Give me a review that says " The 430 Scuderia is rubbish to drive" or " the 599 is a pig" or " This is a rubbish car to drive ". The same thing aplies for their speed ( no i am not a fan boy)

AMG Mercs: Yeah some are like a muscle car but the CLK black is none of those things, and they are not that badly built