'08 MLB Postseason Thread

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/28/blahblahblah_000.gif
You must be lost, old man. This is the '08 postseason thread.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/28/gdfgdf.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/09/28/arigtfo.gif

:p

But if you ask cubs fans it was that 1 out in the 8th inning, not the complete collapse of the team. That guy was tormented non stop, people called his work and threatened to kill him... I just can never root for a team that has fans like that.
All joking aside, this kind of ignorance really pisses off many true Cubs fans. ;)

Wow...This thread is full of fail....no, seriously.
Thanks for contributing... no, seriously.

But if you ask cubs fans it was that 1 out in the 8th inning, not the complete collapse of the team. That guy was tormented non stop, people called his work and threatened to kill him... I just can never root for a team that has fans like that.

Not all Cubs fans are like that. I'm not naive enough to blame Bartman for '03. Neither are the Cubs fans I know personally. It's just a cheesy stereotype to say that all Cubs fans blame Bartman, goats, etc.

Wow...This thread is full of fail....no, seriously.

Your avatar rocks :thumbup:

Thanks for contributing... no, seriously.

Sorry, I should have fully explained that I am diehard baseball fan that follows it religiously. I don't consider blatant idiocy as contributing much to the topic either. I just don't feel the need to pick and point instead I like to issue a general statement.

Cubs avatar, well I guess you would know all about failing. :lol:

:lol: Guess winning the World Series is the only thing classifies you as a winning organization to people who like to talk but know nothing. It seems to be a common pattern.

Last edited:
If someone had asked me last week if the Brewers still had a shot at the Wild Card, I, despite being a fervent Brewer fan, would have said no. Color me shocked, and utterly utterly delighted today.

Do I think they're going to win a game in the NLDS? Probably not, but considering how the Packers and Badgers have seemingly gone into the toilet (and we in WI not too far away from that cesspool of an NBA team called the Bucks playing), I'll take making it to the postseason to be good enough.

We will see if your Quadruple A Team can get past the World's greatest Softball team for contention.

Hey...young pitching staff who? Fastest outfield in the league what? Batting title who? Suckaaaaaaaaaa

Oh, and new stadium in '10...you guys still playing in that crumbling shack? ;)

Sorry, I should have fully explained that I am diehard baseball fan that follows it religiously. I don't consider blatant idiocy as contributing much to the topic either. I just don't feel the need to pick and point instead I like to issue a general statement.
No need to apologize, I misread the post. :)

Anyway, let's get back on topic. I'm all for some friendly ribbing, but I don't want this to turn into a pathetic argument.

I never knew you were a Twins fan, Dave. :p

As far as the Cubs series vs. the Dodgers, the Dodgers pitcher with the most success against the Cubs is Kuroda sporting a 0.59 ERA in 2 starts only giving up 1 ER combined. Billingsley has a 3.60 ERA but got absolutely demolished in his last outing. Lowe has a grand total of 2 wins vs. the Cubs in his career. If Lowe can keep his sinker ball down he may have a chance to be competitive but if he lacks ability to keep it down it will be like 4th of July at Wrigley.

If anyone wants to have an enlightening discussion about any other playoff matchups, please, let's discuss.

Newer is not always better, you know.

Wrigley Field is like a bottle of wine: it gets better with age.

Anyway, let's get back on topic. I'm all for some friendly ribbing, but I don't want this to turn into a pathetic argument.

Good call :)

ive got Cubs beatin the dodgers, phillies beat the brewers, cubs beat phillies....
Twins beat the sox, lose to the rays, who get beat by the angels
cubs beat the angels and leave the stadium only to find all of their car radios have been stolen by sox fans

Hey...young pitching staff who? Fastest outfield in the league what? Batting title who? Suckaaaaaaaaaa

Hey, I am all for the new stadium at Wrigley. I wonder where they are getting the funding for that new stadium, we sure as hell know they aren't filling the current stadium with that fastest outfield and youngest but inconsistent pitching staff.

I am just saying, the White Sox are a major league softball team. Old, out of shape, fat and with the long ball, they have absolutely nothing. With that said, you managed to pull off a half game on them at the end. It's more embarrassing than anything, but i guess not winning the World Series in 100 years is pretty embarassing too. :)

:lol: Guess winning the World Series is the only thing classifies you as a winning organization to people who like to talk but no nothing. It seems to be a common pattern.

The irony of somebody mocking somebody for KNOWING nothing yet doesn't KNOW how to spell. :rofl:

And what are you playing for in Chicago? The rest of the league is playing for the World Series, nobody cares about 2nd best. I guess when you grow up watching a bunch of losers you have to do anything to justify the faith.

Also, thanks for reminding me why I hate cubs fans, you fit the stereotype perfectly, especially with the "I am smarter than everybody" mindset.

crumbling shack and still sellin 3mil+ tix a year what?
33games over 500 who?
and is young pitching staff a plus or an excuse?

I never knew you were a Twins fan, Dave. :p

I'm just hoping me and the Cubs fans here can gang up and collectively hate on the Sox. It's all I've got...cause we all know the Vikings can't win... :D

Newer is not always better, you know.

Wrigley Field is like a bottle of wine: it gets better with age.

Wrigley is an alright place to watch a game.

@Seasonone

Dude, quit being rude and get back on topic like the OP already suggested :cool:

We're talking post season here, not "Jabbing at Cubs fans".

The irony of somebody mocking somebody for KNOWING nothing yet doesn't KNOW how to spell. :rofl:

And what are you playing for in Chicago? The rest of the league is playing for the World Series, nobody cares about 2nd best. I guess when you grow up watching a bunch of losers you have to do anything to justify the faith.

Also, thanks for reminding me why I hate cubs fans, you fit the stereotype perfectly, especially with the "I am smarter than everybody" mindset.

Sorry for the typo. I don't feel I know everything. My point was that the Cubs are a winning organization, just haven't wont he World Series in a very long time. There are teams that have failed to make the playoffs in over 40 years yet are never mentioned, but the Cubs get bombed for being a winning team just never have won the world series.

How do you know I am a Cubs fan? Because I am not so your logic just failed. Like I said, I am a baseball fan. I have no favorite team. Thanks for reminding me why I hate people like you (though I don't know what kind of person you are beings I don't know you) for jumping to false accusations with no basis for it.

Last edited:
crumbling shack and still sellin 3mil+ tix a year what?
33games over 500 who?
and is young pitching staff a plus or an excuse?

Lol they'd be doing themselves a favor if they'd build a non-crumbling shack that seats a decent amount. And the young staff is an excuse. Hopefully they rape when they mature. They don't have any $, but their farm is legit.