Spoilers: Dexter on Showtime

What are your guys' thoughts on that kill?

I don't think that kill really had anything to do with any code. Not only did it not fit any code, it didn't even fit his regular MO. I think it was intended to symbolize that he was willing and able to do anything necessary to protect his child. Coupled with the next scene in which he "sent out his positive intentions to the baby," I think it showed that he was ready to be a father.

Last edited:
I'll watch the scenes from next week on the DVR tonight and let you know on the AIM.

Prado gave him that shirt, so I think that is supposed to be a sign of his genuine intention of being a guy Dexter can trust. I still wanna know wtf is going on with that sunburnt loser and the guy who wrote Debra that song too.

I haven't noticed anything unusual about the sickness or anything else with the baby storyline.

It was said in the final episode of season 2 he was making his own code or whatever, so I guess that's in effect now. What are your guys' thoughts on that kill? Before the show had the whole moral ambiguity of killing other killers, but now pedophiles and who knows what in the future. I was alright with that kill; dude was trying to do things to his lady's daughter. That shit is creepy.

when it comes to the whole new code including pedophiles idk if its stricktly that...i think its more along the lines of "dont kill people, and dont fuck with Dexter" i really dont think dexter woulda killed him if he didnt mess with ritas daughter specifically...
oh and it was kinda weird that he stole that dudes milk, and it woulda been kinda funny if the guy actually WAS looking for cherrios and dexter took those too

It might be that Dex has his own code now. In episode 3, he once refers to Harry's code and then "my code" at another point, so it's quite likely.

But I still don't see why he killed the pedobear, other than showing he could be a good father... the episode did deal with the animal kingdom and stuff like that. Still, I think Dexter could have just roughed him up or pulled some trick on him like he did Rita's husband which landed him in jail. I think the writers were maybe preoccupied with the whole fatherhood thing that they didn't really think about it in relation to Dexter's code(s).

I haven't noticed anything unusual about the sickness or anything else with the baby storyline.

They haven't really shown any sickness or anything, but Rita has some afternoon morning sickness in the episode last night and seemed to be somewhat disoriented in episode 2 when she kneels down to clean up the vase the kids broke playing indoor football. Just a hunch of mine, can't picture Dex as a dad at all. Plus miscarriages always seem to score high on the drama scale, so a lot of shows seem to put it in to make things more exciting.

I don't think that kill really had anything to do with any code. Not only did it not fit any code, it didn't even fit his regular MO. I think it was intended to symbolize that he was willing and able to do anything necessary to protect his child. Coupled with the next scene in which he "sent out his positive intentions to the baby," I think it showed that he was ready to be a father.

Having just watched the episode again a little while ago with my bud, I noticed right before he kills that guy he talks about the code, stating something about his kids and the guy entered Dexter's world or something, so he decides who gets to live and die.

I agree with this. I believe that last kill was simply to show that nobody messes with his family or future family. He even says in the episode when he is looking at the guy through the window that he doesn't fit the code because he hasn't killed anyone. Then the next scene he kills him and says that "nobody hurts my kids". So my thoughts are that this was a stray kill only to protect his family and was not part of the new code. I think his new code will still be based around Harry's old code but with added kills to protect his lifestyle.

Latest episode, stealing a marrage proposal from a fellow psycho killer, very good. Also liked the "roles" theme.

And it looks like this baby is toast, than drunk hispanic brother, and finally ADA hispanic brother.

Last night was good... my favourite bits were Dexter totally botching the baby announcement to the kids and the proposal, and also someone finally telling Masuka what a pathetic pervert he really is.

I still think this whole Prado family is over the top. I've taken a liking to Miguel, but many of his actions and every scene his brother Ramon is in seems to be too much. And I'm getting annoyed over this CI guy... so he's a womanizer, so he manipulates his colleagues... does that really warrant the whole dog and pony show from IA?

this CI guy... so he's a womanizer, so he manipulates his colleagues... does that really warrant the whole dog and pony show from IA?

I think he's gonna turn out to be a good guy and end up with the sister, and this azn girl is just some kind of jilted lover cop. It seems like the writers are trying too hard to convince us that this guy is pure evil. Classic "look how clever we are" switcharoo, its called "the m.night shamalayn technique"

Oh, and i expect more focus on this skin cutting killer within 2 episodes. If the story structure over the past few seasons is maintained.

I think he's gonna turn out to be a good guy and end up with the sister, and this azn girl is just some kind of jilted lover cop. It seems like the writers are trying too hard to convince us that this guy is pure evil. Classic "look how clever we are" switcharoo, its called "the m.night shamalayn technique"

Oh, and i expect more focus on this skin cutting killer within 2 episodes. If the story structure over the past few seasons is maintained.

Yeah, I could see it pan out that way... but it seemed to me Debra was more interested in Anton the CI than his handler.

I think those tree trimmers from episode 3 will have something to do with the skin cutter... one of them seemed very suspicious when Deb interviewed them, and nothing more came of it. So I'm guessing that will come back at some point.

Another good ep. Still really nothing about the sunburned dude though...? Preview for next week looked nuts.

That was a very enjoyable episode.

One thing I don't understand though, what exactly is the sheriff's department? I thought a sherrif was just a high rank in the local law enforcement agency? Just wondering why in Dexter's world there's the Miami Metro PD and then a separate sheriff's department.

Glad to see Rita finally got whatever sickness out of her system... I don't see why the writers needed to allude to it for episode after episode and then have it only be a way for Dexter to have his daddy realization. I thought it would be a big thing.

I read that already, doesn't really answer my question.

Why was Ramon's department handling the new skinned murder victim, and not the department headed by LaGuerta?

I read that already, doesn't really answer my question.

Why was Ramon's department handling the new skinned murder victim, and not the department headed by LaGuerta?

No idea. Ive always wondered how the sheriff is different from the regular popo, as well. Wiki is of little help :lol:

Yup, that article specifically isn't very helpful. I looked at it a few weeks back when Ramon was introduced, because I was trying to figure out why he doesn't seem to work at the same building or with the same folks that the main cast is with.

One thing I forgot to mention, Masuka standing up to Ramon was so awesome. He'd been acting off this whole season, I just thought the actor was bored or something. Great to see they went somewhere with that.

Also, any Miami residents know what the bridge is called which we see Dexter drive over on a few occasions? It's the one with the blue lights all along it... looks pretty cool. This show has made me want to visit Miami really badly, even though I'm not really the resort type of vacationer. I freaking love Dexter's apartment, it's a sweet pad I wouldn't mind living at.

That was a very enjoyable episode.

One thing I don't understand though, what exactly is the sheriff's department? I thought a sherrif was just a high rank in the local law enforcement agency? Just wondering why in Dexter's world there's the Miami Metro PD and then a separate sheriff's department.

Glad to see Rita finally got whatever sickness out of her system... I don't see why the writers needed to allude to it for episode after episode and then have it only be a way for Dexter to have his daddy realization. I thought it would be a big thing.

the Sheriff's department is county wide. my mom was a sheriffs detective for 30+years. they govern the whole county, not just the city of miami.

so did everyone get the assumption that prado is setting dexter up? cause that suprised the hell outta me
the end of this episode backed up my dex/prado team killing idea, but then scenes from next week kinda killed it but we'll see. i have this little theory that prado is testing dex or putting dex in a situation where he will need prado or ramons help to get out of it. and he will have to tell ramon about freebo etc etc

idk just some food for thought

i bet dexter will end up killing miguel, that said... im scared dexter will get caught every episode, almost so i dont want it to end if he gets caught.. still hes a a bad guy, but at heart i dont want him to get caught... sounds stupid xD

Some news I noticed on eztv.it yesterday:

eztv.it said:
Showtime has opted to kill two birds with one stone, picking up Dexter for two more seasons, it was announced on Tuesday.

Seasons 4 and 5 will consist of 12 episodes each, with production to commence this spring in Los Angeles.

"Dexter's enormous success is a tribute to the great achievements of its cast, the producing team, the author of the original book [Jeff Lindsay], and the gifted Michael C. Hall," says Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt. "I thought at best we would attract adevoted cult audience but soon realized that, ironically, this show is so thematically rich and layered with humanity that audiences of all kinds have flocked to it."

Hall is a two-time Emmy and Golden Globe nominee for his portrayal of Dex, while the series itself was nominated this year for five Emmys, including Outstanding Drama Series.

Source_ TVGuide.com

http://eztv.it/index.php?main=tvnews&show_news=2793

so did everyone get the assumption that prado is setting dexter up? cause that suprised the hell outta me
the end of this episode backed up my dex/prado team killing idea, but then scenes from next week kinda killed it but we'll see. i have this little theory that prado is testing dex or putting dex in a situation where he will need prado or ramons help to get out of it. and he will have to tell ramon about freebo etc etc

idk just some food for thought

I can't imagine him setting Dexter up. Dexter has that shirt of Prado's with Freebo's blood on it, so he could just turn him in as well. Must be a trust building thing of sorts?