How to kill a Ford Taurus in less than a second

Some some respect! :p

Ow by the way, my grandfather also had a car until he passed away. :(

It was a Renault Twingo and every week when we came to visit him we saw yet another scratch/impact/damage etc. :lol:

He didn't even notice, not a clue. :(

Some some respect! :p

Ow by the way, my grandfather also had a car until he passed away. :(

It was a Renault Twingo and every week when we came to visit him we saw yet another scratch/impact/damage etc. :lol:

He didn't even notice, not a clue. :(

HAHA, it's very similar at a grocery store about a mile from my house. We shop there cause it's a big chain and it's so close, but apparently so do all people over 90 here. I always park in the back of the lot because it is a m?l?e pit there. One time I actually parked across the street to keep the car safe.

I don't want to go into the details right now, it's far too painful, but everything has become a nice big clusterfuck. Both sides don't want to get screwed over and are trying their best to make sure the other will get screwed, and he were are in the middle being the only one's getting fucked.

Like my mom has been ordered by her doctor to do PT to get better, but the place that does PT won't see her because as soon as they submit whatever to the insurance company it will be refused because it was caused by a car crash. Nothing makes sense and it's all just aggravating as hell. It's like no one has a problem telling us a lie or atleast not the whole truth.

My mom is still in a good bit of pain and so is my sister.

The lawyer my mom works with can't help us officially, not that he doesn't want to but his higher ups refuse to let him. The reason being our insurance company are clients of the firm and they don't want to stir up any trouble.

We've taken the offer on the car and today I went (after much trouble from some crusty old **** in their office) to the yard where it's been sitting to pull off what I could. The catch was if I pulled a part I had to replace it with another one. Luckily I never throw things away :). I tried to find a scrap battery to swap in but after I came up empty at 4 different places I had to let the new bettery go.

I did however come away with the wipers, $150 headlight, tire iron, and jack. I know it's minor stuff that I can't really do jack shit with, but I atleast feel like I got a part of my investment back.

Sorry to bump this thread up after well over a year, but I just got some wonderful news. I just got the call that the case has finally been settled for my mom (my sister's case is still pending), she's getting 100k.

However part of that is going to pay the medical bills and another chunk may or may not go to legal fees. The lawyer fee isn't a sure thing since my sister's law firm did the case and she personally donated a lot of time to work on it. But as it stands even with the legal fees, she's going to walk away with around 50k.

So a big :mrgreen: there.

Sadly, she won't be able to run out and get a new car now though. Since July she's had to undergo 5 different eye surgeries to repair a detached retina in her right eye, which means she is unable to drive and may never be able to again. She is also still suffering from the neck and back injuries which has left her unable to tilt her head back more than slightly.

So we'll just see what happens.

Glad to hear the news! My friend was also involved in an accident with an asshole and a Lexus, and he got approx. the same amount of money from the settlement, with the additional bonus of the stupid bitch losing her license for 4 years. :dance: Hope the other driver gets taken off the road in a similar manner.

Hooray(mostly)!

I read the thread title and thought of my friend who could hit the rear quarter panel on late model Taurus' just right to set off the fuel pump kill switch. He worked at a Ford dealership and did it all the time to the sales people, until he got written up.

Not funny when you try to start a demo car and it wont even turn over.

Glad to hear the news! My friend was also involved in an accident with an asshole and a Lexus, and he got approx. the same amount of money from the settlement, with the additional bonus of the stupid bitch losing her license for 4 years. :dance: Hope the other driver gets taken off the road in a similar manner.

I don't know if he lost his license or not, I would think it'd be automatic considering he plowed into her car when it was at a dead stop. The whole time he's denied any wrong doing and used the excuse that he couldn't stop in time <_<

I haven't seen his Lexus since that day at the junkyard, but I did see a black and gold Toyota in his driveway once in the last year. Don't know if that was him or his neighbor, but if he's still allowed on the road I fear what will happen next time he "doesn't have time to stop".

I'm glad to hear that there's been at least some form of settlement PB. I'm sorry that your mom is still suffering though. Thanks to some still unresolved issues, I've got some problems with my rib cage and sternum stemming from a wreck 3 years ago. Basically, I can sympathize and I hope things work out for your sister too.

Last edited:
Good news!! And be sure too send our best wishes to yer mum!

Congrats!

good to hear... never knew a settlement could take this freaking long

100 000?!!?+ A_hundred_thousand_dollars!:confused::eek:

Holy shit, it really is like that in America, huh? In here you would be lucky to get ~2000? for an accident like that.. Glad it went ok, make sure to sabotage his new car at night, for personal satisfaction and to keep him off the roads..

Holy shit, it really is like that in America, huh? In here you would be lucky to get ~2000? for an accident like that.. Glad it went ok, make sure to sabotage his new car at night, for personal satisfaction and to keep him off the roads..

But then again, if you take out someones indicator light they'll sue you..

I don't know if he lost his license or not, I would think it'd be automatic considering he plowed into her car when it was at a dead stop. The whole time he's denied any wrong doing and used the excuse that he couldn't stop in time <_<

I haven't seen his Lexus since that day at the junkyard, but I did see a black and gold Toyota in his driveway once in the last year. Don't know if that was him or his neighbor, but if he's still allowed on the road I fear what will happen next time he "doesn't have time to stop".

Funny, the lady in my friend's accident who was driving the Lexus said the same thing, she tried to flee the accident but was stopped by a coincidentally placed state trooper. The entire time she was angry and uncooperative, blaming the accident on my friend, citing his age and his crappy '92 Corolla, the whole deal. What's with Lexus owners, anyway?

I hope you don't think we're all just a bunch of over reacting sue happy people. Far from it, I find frivolous lawsuits infuriating and I despise the people who file them. My mom will probably require surgery on her neck sometime down the road because of this. Also, he's not the one paying, his/our (we both have the same company) insurance company is paying.

Funny, the lady in my friend's accident who was driving the Lexus said the same thing, she tried to flee the accident but was stopped by a coincidentally placed state trooper. The entire time she was angry and uncooperative, blaming the accident on my friend, citing his age and his crappy '92 Corolla, the whole deal. What's with Lexus owners, anyway?

Lexus is japanese for "I can do whatever the fuck I want".

And pretty much what SUV means in Romanian.

About 99.99% of SUV drivers around here act as if they're the lords of the road. To the detriment of normal drivers.