Enzo nurburgring lap time!

predator101

Car(s)
Toyota Yaris, Toyota Corolla
Go to
HTML:
www.supercarmovies.com
and check out the Ferrari Enzo being driven through it's paces..

I am not writing the time here... but it's kinda disappointing..

PS: the video can't be posted here so u have to check it through the website

In what possible respect is the time disappointing? The car is 5 years old, runs on street tires and is as fast as the Zonda F Clubsport.

7:25 Minutes with broken electronic dampers and 308.9km/h vmax sure is disappointing :D :D :D

consider a dodge viper is faster than that, besides the dampers weren't broken, only the light lit up indicating there's some problem... I am not saying it's a bad time, but it's just that when u hear the name Enzo, you expect it to be mighter than everything else... no offense

i totally forgot about that website. Pretty impressive time IMO

consider a dodge viper is faster than that, besides the dampers weren't broken, only the light lit up indicating there's some problem... I am not saying it's a bad time, but it's just that when u hear the name Enzo, you expect it to be mighter than everything else... no offense

Don't waste your concerns on Nurburgring times, they are not very telling. Its far too long to really bring out differences in CARS, only drivers and conditions on the track. I mean even playing Forza online, this is plainly apparent. I would seriously giving the 'ring a lap time of uncertainty of ?10 seconds. Take em' to Sebring!

EDIT: That video also solves the question of what would be faster in a straightline, the Enzo or a ZR1. The ZR1 I believe didn't even get above 170mph on the main straight...the Enzo did 190. Wow.

Last edited:
That website is absolutely fantastic. Watching those videos brings me right back to Italy. Especially the Z06, Zonda, and Murcielago one, because I drove through ALL of those places in the video...I miss Italy.

Looks like are going to put the other cars through the Ring Test as well!
Also, Marc Basseng really is one of the guys to go to, to me it looks like they do everything right.
Same test for the ZR1, Viper and GT-R, please!

Last edited:
Don't waste your concerns on Nurburgring times, they are not very telling. Its far too long to really bring out differences in CARS, only drivers and conditions on the track. I mean even playing Forza online, this is plainly apparent. I would seriously giving the 'ring a lap time of uncertainty of ?10 seconds. Take em' to Sebring!

EDIT: That video also solves the question of what would be faster in a straightline, the Enzo or a ZR1. The ZR1 I believe didn't even get above 170mph on the main straight...the Enzo did 190. Wow.

dude dont use Forza to judge cars, even Gran Turismo isn't that accurate (but apparantly the new one is :blink:)

I read that due to a strong headwind and the 1000lb downforce rear spoiler the Viper couldn't get out of 4th(?) gear on the straight. You could get more out of it in different conditions or if the spoiler is adjustable.

dude dont use Forza to judge cars, even Gran Turismo isn't that accurate (but apparantly the new one is :blink:)

Well neither Forza nor Gran Turismo are true sims.. They are some of the more realistic, but they are made to appeal to the broadest group of gamers possible.. So obviously they're toned down compared to how realistic they could be.
It's not because "they're just not there yet technology wise" or something like that, it's a deliberate decision..

I very much doubt GT5 is going to be significantly more realistic than it's predecessor.. :p

Just go read the EVO article on the Ring attack black falcon put on, ie where this video came from. it includes the Zonda F Clubsport, Enzo, Carrera GT, MC12, and CCX. I wont spoil who wins for those who haven't read it.

Just go read the EVO article on the Ring attack black falcon put on, ie where this video came from. it includes the Zonda F Clubsport, Enzo, Carrera GT, MC12, and CCX. I wont spoil who wins for those who haven't read it.

Link to the article? Pretty please?:mrgreen:

I'm not. Did you read my post? I'm just stating that even on a reasonably easy video game, the driver (user) makes the overwhelming difference on a track as long and difficult the 'ring. Now, take all those gamers, put them on the 'ring in real life, and watch them piss their pants over 80mph in any section.

I'm not. Did you read my post? I'm just stating that even on a reasonably easy video game, the driver (user) makes the overwhelming difference on a track as long and difficult the 'ring. Now, take all those gamers, put them on the 'ring in real life, and watch them piss their pants over 80mph in any section.

I (successfully) used GT4 as a guide to driving the 'ring. I don't think i pissed myself hitting triple-digits, and in a rented car with snowtires in December, no less. I think you guys tend to overrate what its like to be on a track.

Further...Ferrari's aren't generally set up for tracks like the Nurburgring; few cars are. Sure, lots of car manufacturers test their pre-production models on it to gauge certain vairables, but the Nurburgring isn't the be-all, end-all of a car's performance capabilities. Ferrari's don't do well on tracks with serious undulations and rough tarmac.

Well neither Forza nor Gran Turismo are true sims.. They are some of the more realistic, but they are made to appeal to the broadest group of gamers possible.. So obviously they're toned down compared to how realistic they could be.
It's not because "they're just not there yet technology wise" or something like that, it's a deliberate decision..

I very much doubt GT5 is going to be significantly more realistic than it's predecessor.. :p

You're quite wrong, actually (about GT5), have a shot at GT5P in it's professional physics model (rather than standard - which is just an enhancement of GT4 physics).

I (successfully) used GT4 as a guide to driving the 'ring. I don't think i pissed myself hitting triple-digits, and in a rented car with snowtires in December, no less. I think you guys tend to overrate what its like to be on a track.

If you weren't scared, I dare say you weren't driving fast enough.

Ooohhhh Dem be fightin' words!!!! haha

Ooohhhh Dem be fightin' words!!!! haha

In the bike world it's: "If you don't crash you're not going fast enough"!!!