INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

A bit too late to intorduce myself but here goes,

Bilal from Lahore, Pakistan, probably one of the few people in Pakistan who know that Top Gear exists (yeah )

Studying Chartered Accounting, 20 years old and single; but ready to mingle.

Finalgear is one of the best websites and forums on the whole world wide web...

Top Gear... one of the best shows on this planet...

Hi, guys I have been a member for two years now but in reality I used to visit Viperbond007's original website. I can still remember some of the humble beginnings. I also remember being sad when Mr. Viper got a cease and desist notice from the BBC for sharing Top Gear and its clips and then immediately being happy as he just forwarded the activity to mini nova. So three cheers for Viperbond007, your nick name might be more stupid than mine but you have given real fans of cars and car shows a proper meeting place. Thanks
btw I am Junaid a PhD student in the land of Beers and Frijtes.

Noob Joins FinalGear.com Forums - Film at 11

Noob Joins FinalGear.com Forums - Film at 11

Hi everybody, I wanted to introduce myself before flooding the place with useless questions, so here I am. Obviously, cars are the main thrust of this whole place, so let me just say that my ambitions exceed the beater Wrangler I'm saddled with.

That's about it for now. On to goofy questions!

I have a goofy question: why didn't you post this in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE thread? :)

EDIT: welcome anyway, obviously! :welcome:

Last edited:
Better than some introductions recently but yes you should do the correct thing and introduce yourself in the correct thread - link provided above.

Dear Final Gear,

I get bored working my overnight job at a web hosting company, making sure your internets don't crash. As such, I find myself watching Top Gear a lot. Watching and talking about it sounds a lot more fun than just watching it, so here I am.

Love,
Dogbert

*stands up*

Hi, my name is Tommy... and i'm a Top Gear addict...

*sits back down*

now, for the "serious business"

I'm Tommy, i'm 23 years old, and live in Norway, in a small'ish town called Haugesund, on "da west side" of Norway "west side reppin' yo"

I work at a paintshop, still learning, so it's mostly sanding cars and parts down, and maybe painting the backside of a fender or a hood.

I enjoy cars, as i figure most of us on this forum would, i currently drive... NOTHING! *cries*
i got two cars though...

1980 Buick Century Estate Wagon, currently parked in the garage, as i tossed the stock little 4.9 litre lawnmower engine out, and replacing it with a 5.7 litre Camaro engine, yey for sleepers!

1979 Ford Mustang Ghia, a Notchback, with a broken V6, but that just matches the rest of the car.. which is a wreck... with rust... and the sunroof is missing... and it rains a lot in Norway... so it's pretty much my project, it'll be a V8 powered Mustang once done, and with a Tremec gearbox, manual transmission for the win!

now.. my ex cars...

first ever car: 1985 Volvo 244DL, or a armored tank to put it plainly...
only N/A car that sounded like it had antilag that i've ever heard, my friends could always tell when i were coming, lots of engine sound, and what sounded like an exhaust full of firecrackers, i actually managed to blow up the muffler.. and not only once either... it actually blew apart, so we took a hammer to it, banging it somewhat together, and welded it shut. (we = my father, while i was looking)
I loved my Volvo, i could pass cars even with oncoming traffic, ditch = another lane, it ended it's days in a tree... well... being a Volvo 240, it ended a tree's life as i hit it, and i coulden't be bothered to buy a new bumper, so i gave it to the firebrigade to burn up.

second car: 1978 Ford Mustang II Coupe, 2.8 V6, 90hp... HOW DO THEY GET ONLY 90HP OUT OF A 2.8?!?!
it reminded me more of a Honda Prelude than a Mustang, and it was a tiny car, i kept hitting my head in the roof on speedbumps, although, it's the only old american car that i've tried, that could go around a corner.
It was also a nightmare to get parts for, i called up Ponyparts (norwegian shop for mustang parts) they seemed confused by the existance of Mustangs from '74 to '78, so they had no parts for it, so i sold it to some kid, who always wanted a Mustang, which then promptly broke the engine by not taking care of it.

and then i got the two current cars.

that's about it, so...

Hi! i'm new here! please don't set me on fire.

Just wanted to say that this is an awesome site. Together with Top Gear Dot Com you get very much every intersting bit presented without having to search for it. Keep it up.

Name: Will
Cars owned: Gen5 Celica, MX-6, etc
City of Residence: Toronto.

Well, I'm supposed to intorduce myself... OK, I'm a petrolhead but I drive an automatic, I like Motorhead but at same time I like ABBA.

Hi! i'm Tom, 18 years old and prospective economics student (hopefully)
on Tuesday I have my driver's license exam :)

My name is Jack, a.k.a. Mr Ja Ja

Top Gear is the cat's pyjamas and the bee's knee's of television I think!

For a first car (I'm only 15), I'd quite like a old 60s or 70s British car like a Mini or a Morris 1000.

Hi!
My name is Alfredo, I'm 21 years old. I'm from the US and live in Los Angeles, CA. I?ve been a huge fan of Top Gear UK ever since some episodes aired on the Discovery channel a few years ago and I can?t wait for Top Gear US. I am studying film making right now and I just got my first car, a 2006 Ford Explorer, would?ve preferred an Aston Martin but this good for now.:D

Hello everybody!

My name's George and i'm a 20 year old Romanian studying economics.

I drive a 12 year old car, based on a 30 something year old conception and really enjoy it (mostly for the real feel of it) :D